What are Acceptable/Recommended Add-On Thingies?

Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Re: What are Acceptable/Recommended Add-On Thingies?

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Just play the game as it is, without any mods which give you advantages over your opponents who don't have them, ez.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

Plz lock. Antipathy overload. :roll:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Let us not go into pissing matches; rather be friendly!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Just play the game as it is, without any mods which give you advantages over your opponents who don't have them, ez.

This.
Cant really understand why people use Ekanta. It always appears to me that they try to squeeze out any little advantage they could possibly get in a "legal" way.
r]
Austria OliverP
Skirmisher
ESO: OliverP

Post by OliverP »

Gichtenlord wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:Just play the game as it is, without any mods which give you advantages over your opponents who don't have them, ez.

This.
Cant really understand why people use Ekanta. It always appears to me that they try to squeeze out any little advantage they could possibly get in a "legal" way.

well i'm using ekanta because my screen is not the biggest one and i don't want to buy a new one -> transparent UI helps me out there
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

This. In my opinion Agra Fort Hotkeys, Building Rotator, and perhaps a consensus UI should be included with the EP by default, and no other performance-enhancing modifications should then be tolerated. The obstaclulz would lie in its enforcement, from what I understand.

OliverP wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:

This.

well i'm using ekanta because my screen is not the biggest one and i don't want to buy a new one -> transparent UI helps me out there
Indeed it does help you out. That's rather the entire point of why it should not be allowed, at least for remotely competitive play.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

I don't see what is wrong with modified UI's, as long as they don't impart any information that you can't get in other ways from the basic game. As for seeing more of the screen with the transparent UI, remember that you can minimize the standard UI and see the whole screen.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

@sircallen I'm not sure how you can say that the building rotator, something officially approved by Ensemble Studios in forum posts, is cheating while Ekanta (tampering with code to get all the features on one page, and thus speeding up the user's gameplay) is not. How on earth is ES-sanctioned software in the same category as map hacking and unit spawning? You might as well say that belling units in and out of the TC is cheating
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Metis wrote:I don't see what is wrong with modified UI's, as long as they don't impart any information that you can't get in other ways from the basic game. As for seeing more of the screen with the transparent UI, remember that you can minimize the standard UI and see the whole screen.

You mean, like being able to see what shipments your opponent has sent ?
More seriously though, adding mods like the transparent UI would be forbidden in tourneys if we had a way to actually check it easily. It's just bad for the game, when people try to sneak in little advantages here and there. As I already wrote somewhere : is it ok to rotate buildings ? Is it ok to have a transparent UI that lets you trade in market without actually selecting it ? Is it ok to have a macro that lets you build perfect walls (without pillars etc) more or less effortlessly ? Is it ok to use a maphack ?
I'm exaggerating it on purpose with the maphack here, but you see what I mean. Where do you draw the line ? For me, being able to trade resources without selecting your market is already a cheat. It enables you, for example, to instantly sell food to finish a batch of units, while still selecting your military building. For me, having a macro to build those walls more easily is a cheat as well. It's just not part of the game. You're not supposed to be able to reduce your effort like that by modding the game etc... If you let all these be allowed then people are just going to get more and more greedy with those mods and use always more invasive mods, which isn't at all healthy for the community since it's basically borderline cheating.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Sir callen is going to be an engineer so he's probably smarter then everyone else in this thread so I'm going to blindly agree with him no matter what he says
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Tournaments get to make their own rules.

WCG you couldn't use anything but the stock software from the game and basic drivers to make your hardware function.

No UI, no rotator, no random stuff Metis has gotten an age com post about in the past.

The same goes for ESOC events. We allow custom UIs such as ekanta mainly because we can stop them from being used.

I would say if you want to be a legit player don't install any additional mods including UI or rotator. There's simply no questioning your play that way.

Microsoft is not actively banning but if you stick to that philosophy you also won't ever run into trouble on ESO.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Over the years we have found several ways to delete pillars with simply a keystroke or two. You can just drag a box over the whole wall section and then click to select only the pillar group then delete it or, more simply, you can click on one pillar, hit the standard hotkey for "select all of same unit" and then hit delete. My hotkey saves you one keystroke at best.

How about multi-click macros? Nearly every replay from one of the higher-Elo players in the game shows that they are using a multi-click macro as they move their explorer around -- nobody can click that fast. There is no way to ban this because it's an integral feature to most gaming mice and if you don't have a gaming mouse then you can make a simple AutoHotkey macro to do the same thing (multiple clicks as long as you hold down a mouse button, etc.)

Speaking of AutoHotkey, those of you who play mostly 1v1 supremacy games never need this but we who play epic treaty games sometimes need to transfer hundreds of thousands or resources for a team trade. AOE II allowed you to just enter a number when transferring resources. Unfortunately, the best you can do in AOE III is to shift-click for 500 at a time. The aforementioned multi-click gaming mice make this much easier, as does a macro that allows you to, say, send 25k with each keyboard click. This confers no advantage as all this is done in the late treaty period before the fight begins.

Here is the 25k tribute Autohotkey macro. You point your mouse at the resource box and then hit the key (here, it is [). It's much easier to press a keyboard key four times than to click your mouse two hundred times.

Code: Select all

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

~[::
Click 250
return
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

_H2O wrote:Tournaments get to make their own rules.

WCG you couldn't use anything but the stock software from the game and basic drivers to make your hardware function.

No UI, no rotator, no random stuff Metis has gotten an age com post about in the past.

The same goes for ESOC events. We allow custom UIs such as ekanta mainly because we can stop them from being used.

I would say if you want to be a legit player don't install any additional mods including UI or rotator. There's simply no questioning your play that way.

Microsoft is not actively banning but if you stick to that philosophy you also won't ever run into trouble on ESO.
So you're only interested in denying others what isn't too easily denied! If ruining people's good time is your intent, I suppose that it's more effectful to rob them of the joy they expect, than the one they don't. After all:

#ruins = expectations + hopes - reality
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Metis wrote:Over the years we have found several ways to delete pillars with simply a keystroke or two. You can just drag a box over the whole wall section and then click to select only the pillar group then delete it or, more simply, you can click on one pillar, hit the standard hotkey for "select all of same unit" and then hit delete. My hotkey saves you one keystroke at best.

Yes, which is exactly what I call a cheat. It's just a way to sneak in a little advantage without your opponent knowing it. You could do that for everything, just like some do in treaty with coloured culvs or auto livestock thing or whatever. It's just bad, if you just mod everything like that you end up playing a different game.

Metis wrote:How about multi-click macros? Nearly every replay from one of the higher-Elo players in the game shows that they are using a multi-click macro as they move their explorer around -- nobody can click that fast. There is no way to ban this because it's an integral feature to most gaming mice and if you don't have a gaming mouse then you can make a simple AutoHotkey macro to do the same thing (multiple clicks as long as you hold down a mouse button, etc.)

There's a difference between having a gaming mouse and actually modding the game lol... Also I'm pretty sure a lot of players, including high ranks, don't use that.

Metis wrote:Speaking of AutoHotkey, those of you who play mostly 1v1 supremacy games never need this but we who play epic treaty games sometimes need to transfer hundreds of thousands or resources for a team trade. AOE II allowed you to just enter a number when transferring resources. Unfortunately, the best you can do in AOE III is to shift-click for 500 at a time. The aforementioned multi-click gaming mice make this much easier, as does a macro that allows you to, say, send 25k with each keyboard click. This confers no advantage as all this is done in the late treaty period before the fight begins.

It confers no advantage, then why did you bother to mod this lol ? Makes no sense. I guess you're just another guy actually spending more time trying to cheat here and there with small things than actually really playing the game.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Kaiserklein wrote:
if you just mod everything like that you end up playing a different game.

There's a difference between having a gaming mouse and actually modding the game lol... Also I'm pretty sure a lot of players, including high ranks, don't use that.

Uh, then what is the ESOC team doing with their fanpatch when they change hundreds of basic attributes of the game?

You seem to use a fast-click mouse or macro, as seen in your videos on your channel.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

re: tribute macro

Kaiserklein wrote:
It confers no advantage, then why did you bother to mod this lol .

It makes it easier to play 55s. As you play mostly 1v1 supremacy then don't worry about it, you never need to tribute resources anyway.
Netherlands loloekie10
Skirmisher

Post by loloekie10 »

@Kaiserklein please explain to me why your homecity screen in game (where you click on the cards to send) looks different from other people. I hope this is not a mod, otherwise you are really not following your own principles.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

loloekie10 wrote:@Kaiserklein please explain to me why your homecity screen in game (where you click on the cards to send) looks different from other people. I hope this is not a mod, otherwise you are really not following your own principles.

UI 2.0+ mods for obs games cause the deck to be shown in the middle of the screen rather than at the bottom. It's recommended as install-uninstall, but he's very nob and too lazy to do so, instead opting to just use the maximized UI fix.
oranges.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Metis wrote:Uh, then what is the ESOC team doing with their fanpatch when they change hundreds of basic attributes of the game?

They're rebalancing the game, it's completely different...
And anyway if you log on esoc patch, everyone has the same changes, whereas when you play a random guy who is using some mod and you don't, he has an advantage.

Metis wrote:You seem to use a fast-click mouse or macro, as seen in your videos on your channel.

I don't. I don't even use the minimized UI lol. I use absolutely nothing else than a normal keyboard, a normal mouse and what the game provides you when you install it. I wonder what you can see in my videos that would make you think that.
Fyi, this is mouse : http://images.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=h ... 0&biw=1600.

loloekie10 wrote:@Kaiserklein please explain to me why your homecity screen in game (where you click on the cards to send) looks different from other people. I hope this is not a mod, otherwise you are really not following your own principles.

If you mean that my deck is in the middle of my screen instead of the bottom, it's because of aizamk's obs ui. Not sure why it does that but according to aiz it's normal.
If you mean anything else, please explain cause I'm not sure what you mean.

Edit : actually just read what Mr.Masternob just wrote.
Netherlands loloekie10
Skirmisher

Post by loloekie10 »

Alright I did not know that.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Aizamk wrote:UI 2.0+ mods for obs games cause the deck to be shown in the middle of the screen rather than at the bottom. It's recommended as install-uninstall, but he's very nob and too lazy to do so, instead opting to just use the maximized UI fix.

You mean I can fix it by just reinstalling my UI ? Didn't know this could actually be fixed lol
Anyway now I'm used to clicking in the middle of my screen so it would suck to switch this back to bottom...
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Aizamk wrote:UI 2.0+ mods for obs games cause the deck to be shown in the middle of the screen rather than at the bottom. It's recommended as install-uninstall, but he's very nob and too lazy to do so, instead opting to just use the maximized UI fix.

You mean I can fix it by just reinstalling my UI ? Didn't know this could actually be fixed lol
Anyway now I'm used to clicking in the middle of my screen so it would suck to switch this back to bottom...

Wow what a nob.
P.S. I used to use the same mouse as you :O

But it died so I now use this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-910-0 ... B008AH3A48
oranges.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Aizamk wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:

Wow what a nob.
P.S. I used to use the same mouse as you :O

But it died so I now use this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-910-0 ... B008AH3A48

high qualtiy stuff youre using
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

gibshon reached field marshal rank with that mouse
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Metis wrote:Over the years we have found several ways to delete pillars with simply a keystroke or two. You can just drag a box over the whole wall section and then click to select only the pillar group then delete it or, more simply, you can click on one pillar, hit the standard hotkey for "select all of same unit" and then hit delete. My hotkey saves you one keystroke at best.

How about multi-click macros? Nearly every replay from one of the higher-Elo players in the game shows that they are using a multi-click macro as they move their explorer around -- nobody can click that fast. There is no way to ban this because it's an integral feature to most gaming mice and if you don't have a gaming mouse then you can make a simple AutoHotkey macro to do the same thing (multiple clicks as long as you hold down a mouse button, etc.)

Speaking of AutoHotkey, those of you who play mostly 1v1 supremacy games never need this but we who play epic treaty games sometimes need to transfer hundreds of thousands or resources for a team trade. AOE II allowed you to just enter a number when transferring resources. Unfortunately, the best you can do in AOE III is to shift-click for 500 at a time. The aforementioned multi-click gaming mice make this much easier, as does a macro that allows you to, say, send 25k with each keyboard click. This confers no advantage as all this is done in the late treaty period before the fight begins.

Here is the 25k tribute Autohotkey macro. You point your mouse at the resource box and then hit the key (here, it is [). It's much easier to press a keyboard key four times than to click your mouse two hundred times.

Code: Select all

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

~[::
Click 250
return

Lol