Do you want to add any civs on aoe?

You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Hey guys any of you would to add new civilizations on aoe3? How they would be called and what are their features? I think this thread can be interesting also if no one can obviously add civs at this game. I am asking to myself what are your thoughts about this. For example I would add the Italian civ but about features I don't know already what they could have.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

I would like to add France. I mean real France not the ersatz we've got here.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Belgium!
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Moved, this is not a site suggestion :P

And there are various mods for new civs, I like the Italians there too.
No Flag bugattivitesse
Skirmisher

Post by bugattivitesse »

edeholland wrote:Moved, this is not a site suggestion :P

And there are various mods for new civs, I like the Italians there too.

Yes, the Venetians would be cool. Maybe Milan or Florence as well. They all hired large mercenary armies in the high middle ages. It would go well with Swiss pikes, Dopps, Landschnects and Stradiots.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Bad idea Imo.
It would kill the meta game.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I would add romania because i am romanian ofc
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

I think Protoss would be a good addition.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

wickedcossack wrote:I think Protoss would be a good addition.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

wickedcossack wrote:I think Protoss would be a good addition.

This made me realise how incompatible a game with a hard counter system and a game with a soft counter system are with each other. Imagine force fields in AoE3, you''d just shut out the direct counters to your units and type gg.
Then again force fields are broken in SC2 as well.

Lol I started thinking about other SC abilities in AoE and they all sound like really imba but fun additions. I want to storm Russian armies.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

diarouga wrote:Bad idea Imo.
Thanks diarouga, always so positive to my threads.
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Post by aoefan4life »

New civ usually come with an Expansion. The last expansion ruined balance....
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Post by divine_moon »

i'd think Inca (since they already designed the incas when they initially made the game), also africa civs would add to the diversity.. :D

maybe some "minor" asian & euro civs would be nice, but instead of making them independent civs they could be "allied" like the consulate stuff, to add a different style of play ?
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Post by divine_moon »

aoefan4life wrote:New civ usually come with an Expansion. The last expansion ruined balance....
balance-shmalance.. ')
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

marco1698 wrote:
Haha
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

But ur vills would be european immigrants so they dont gather anyway. In fact they only cost you money. The aim of the game is actually to lose all ur vills asap, but they keep coming faster than they can be killed so :/ thats why walling and water is so op in aoe, they cant swim and they drown when the towers kill the boats and then they still have to climb a wall if they do make it.
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Post by cowhax »

How about a pirate civ? One that doesn't have a home city, or villagers, but the villagers are outlaws that have higher than average HP and damage, but a negative multiplier against other vills, explorers and houses. And perhaps when you get a vill kill, you don't get XP but a higher amount of gold? And instead of a market you get a "black market" that is the source of most of your income. So like instead of some gimmick like a fire pit, or consulate + the 4th resource of export, you just have the black market as your unique building and get some super OP buy and sell rates. Also you could have a unique Saloon that you can build more than 1 of and can recruit a variety of otherwise map-specific units. I'd vote for pistoleros, fusiliers and arsonists at least. and maybe cav archer for your dragoon. Maybe the Saloon could be your TC in fact.

Oh there could also be military upgrades for your villager. Like age 1 they start with the slingshot or can only attack in melee mode, but then you eventually get the musket upgrade for range attack, or more ranged damage. Also the whiskey or rum upgrades increase the speed and HP of all your units but decrease their damage. Ensemble, let's do it!

:lemon:
No Flag MUZZES
Crossbow

Post by MUZZES »

Id like to add USA. The game would just need to be modded to allow the civ to run in debt. :happydance:
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

As cool as that would be, there are already 14 civs in the game. And they are all pretty fucking unique. Its not that easy to find balance between 8 civs. Its harder with 11 civs... But with both expansions we have 14 civs. And natives/asians are peculiarly unique as well - the only way to find balance in this game as it is - is to make them all so to say less unique (e.g. nerfing abus to skirm status).
Adding even more civs, however fun it may be, is pretty insane - I would much rather see the current in-game features fixed.
cowhax wrote:How about a pirate civ? One that doesnt have a home city, or villagers, but the villagers are outlaws that have higher than average HP and damage, but a negative multiplier against other vills, explorers and houses. And perhaps when you get a vill kill, you dont get XP but a higher amount of gold? And instead of a market you get a "black market" that is the source of most of your income. So like instead of some gimmick like a fire pit, or consulate + the 4th resource of export, you just have the black market as your unique building and get some super OP buy and sell rates. Also you could have a unique Saloon that you can build more than 1 of and can recruit a variety of otherwise map-specific units. Id vote for pistoleros, fusiliers and arsonists at least. and maybe cav archer for your dragoon. Maybe the Saloon could be your TC in fact.

Oh there could also be military upgrades for your villager. Like age 1 they start with the slingshot or can only attack in melee mode, but then you eventually get the musket upgrade for range attack, or more ranged damage. Also the whiskey or rum upgrades increase the speed and HP of all your units but decrease their damage. Ensemble, lets do it!

:lemon:
uh, no.

thatd be pretty cool

Anyway, if I had to choose...
Yeah, I think Incas should have been definitely included - I was somewhat disappointed to learn TWC wouldnt include Incas :-S
Otherwise?
Uhh... Well theres the U.S., Austria, Sweden, Poland, Italy, Persia, Korea, Denmark...
I cant honestly think of any other noteworthy civ to include.
Belgium isnt particularly relevant and IIRC came to existence in the early 19th century.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

umeu wrote:But ur vills would be european immigrants so they dont gather anyway. In fact they only cost you money. The aim of the game is actually to lose all ur vills asap, but they keep coming faster than they can be killed so :/ thats why walling and water is so op in aoe, they cant swim and they drown when the towers kill the boats and then they still have to climb a wall if they do make it.
+1
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

marco1698 wrote:
Sorry but I just say what I think. I do not want a NE 2.
Australia legion
Crossbow

Post by legion »

I think any Scandinavian civilisation would be awesome, maybe a Swiss or Italian even.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

Swedish civ under gustavus adolphus. Special thing - general purpose cav with both ranged and melee attack. Melee resist 10/20 percent maybe. Works like a musketeer but has a horse and weak to goons and pikes. Melee attack good against cav, but weaker than a hussar, ranged is not extra effective against cav, maybe it is reduced. It would be the only unit at the stable, kinda like jans at a rax. Royal guard is musk, gren, huss-goon hybrid
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

The 3. Reich with some pole slaves and some panzers, not this pseudo Prussian bs I want real Germans.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.