Toxic chat and the bullying of our best players are killing the comunity

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Toxic chat and the bullying of our best players are killing the comunity

Post by spanky4ever »

I have to make this post, cos the bullying of our best contributors in the chat, and on this forum - has really been bugging me for some time now :sad:
Last one who had enough of it is Garja, and to be frank, I cannot blame him :cry: IMO Garja has being hunted by some of you, as if you where a pack of wolf, smelling blood: he has been ridiculed as a person, and his SERIOUS AMOUNT OF TIME AND EFFORT to make maps for tournament, has been shredded to bits. Ask yourself this: who will spend their free time, streaming and being creative when you receive this in return :huh: :huh: :huh:

I watched @Garja playing vs H20, and to me it was obvious that he just wanted the games to be over - cos he lost all enthusiasm for it. He could have chosen not to play, cos I guess, that is what i wanted most off all.
Now he say he will not participate in further tournaments! And its been a long time since he has streamed games (have any of you noticed?). I guess he will no longer make new maps, and I understand @Rikikipu has made some. BTW Rikkipu has also gotten a lot of negative focus in chat and forums for his contribution on making maps.

Another example is the bullying of @Interjection in chat - and guess what, we do not see him much around any longer :dry: Interjection has called the chat "cancerous" - pretty good name for some of the stuff going on :?

I watched stream with @H2O_ yesterday and he also seems pretty unmotivated and lacking engagement - go figure :idea:

So what can be done to stop this trend of our best contributors leaving the community?

I have some ideas:
1. Instead of chearing the Trolls on, we could make a stand and tell them that we do not laugh at, condone, or in any way, support bullying :shock: We as bystanders also have an obligation to say; enough is enough (to quote my favorite US politician - you know who!)
2. Some of you who wants to laugh at, or put other ppls contributions down, should take a good look at yourself and ask yourself what you have done to benefit the community - AND just maybe you will stop?
3. I also think that the moderators could spank the ppl in chat that constantly bully, or spam non sence posts over and over again. its pretty annoying to the rest of us who want to have a discussion about the game, and a friendly chat :?

Maybe some of you have other ideas 2 :?: Im listening :ugeek:

The most powerful means to go about this IMO, is that the rest of us, who also think this is unfair, and want to do something positive for the community, have a voice to say that we do not like the shenanigans going on, we will not tolerate it any more, and ask the mobbing pack of wolf/crybabies to go somewhere else with their problems with authorities (cos we are peers and not your parents - dude :shock: )
OK - that is enough for me - got this one of my chest.

Im really, really sad about the way Garja has been treated, and I wish he would reconsider and be active again - sometime in the future :love:
BTW: if some of you feel Garja has been treated bad, go send him a PM and let him know :love:

Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Re: Toxic chat and the bullying of our best players are killing the comunity

Post by Gichtenlord »

welcome to the internet.
r]
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

poor daniella
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Don't make me spank you.

But you might have a point. I haven't seen too much toxicity, at least not from a lot of different people, just a few - but I haven't been around for long. But I don't think spanking Garja-hunters (or their ilk) is appropriate. Most people are mere bystanders who don't actually support. If they did support, their voices would overwhelm the toxicity. I think your motion to support our contributor is good, and we should all perhaps adhere to that, but there's no need for the mods to intervene, at least not differently to what they do already. Jokes can be fun sometimes, and the streamer/mods already know how to handle it pretty well from what I've seen. I just think there's a slight lack of support.
Pay more attention to detail.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Steven Seagal is pretty fat.
Pay more attention to detail.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Gichtenlord wrote:welcome to the internet.

unfortunately. The world wide web brings out the worst in most people
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

lordraphael wrote:

And that's just because you can write almost anything without being punished for it. Nobody knows your real name and nobody knows the way you looks. Actually, if you are talking to a person, he/she is much nicer. The way you write can make you look bad very fast, not many people are aware of that.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

lordraphael wrote:

I agree - but we can make a stand - that we will not tolerate Trolls wrecking the community - anymore :mad:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

we should smite trolls and have them submit to TRUE AUTHORITY
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

iNcog wrote:we should smite trolls and have them submit to TRUE AUTHORITY

Esoc Council?
r]
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

This is a big problems that the internet brings whit it. Is Easy speak behind a PC. You can't anything becouse admis or who Can bann don't care. I've a lot of times something that if i would Be the admin i Will bann, from forum, from twitch or youtube's Channel. Is really few ppl that in the Real Life are frustated that Need to feel big behind a PC. We maybe Can start to bann or make the possibility to pest also in this forum. Anyway garja's case Is sad. I know garja sometimes was hurting whit Is way of saying i'm pro, i lost for lag. But garja Is a good players and One that did a lot for this community. Everybody here has flammed in his life, me too. But some ppl are really sick. In my opinion we can bann more
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Great post. This is a major problem. I hope people will remember this post the next time we take action moderating against this type of behavior.

The whole bullying culture and the "evil esoc empire" combine together to make it a pretty ugly place if you are getting flamed or trolled.

As soon as anyone on the team moderates, we often see a whole bunch of outrage over censorship and favoritism which makes people feel like they are supporting the flaming.

Musketeer925 alluded to this earlier, but the same behavior you are talking about has also demotivated many staff members.

Honestly Garja should be a star in our community. He spent a lot of his time on maps, he streams, he actively participated in balance discussion, gave good feedback internally on the rules for our events.

On maps specifically he kept the bar high when we added new people and helped them learn new things he had to figure out himself.

The guy is one of the key players in making our community what it is today.

On balance issues he does change his mind often and he is stubborn to a fault at times. We have had many long discussions where eventually we part ways and Garja has come back to say he was wrong and agrees after thinking it over. I think he has the communities best interest at the heart of all he does and he has talent. Which is why he has been on the team forever.

I love the idea of shooting some PMs to him specifically because he gets the worst of the trolling and it's really not fair for him.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Dont know what you are saying here? More words would be helpfull - maybe :?:
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

Gichtenlord wrote:

Esoc Council?

This post is part of the problem.

Edit: both posts in this quote are.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

iwillspankyou wrote:

He's making light of your post and making an esoc political empire joke.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

_H2O wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:

I know - just want him to come out of his (troll) cave - and show what he is made of.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

iwillspankyou wrote:
_H2O wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I know - just want him to come out of his cave - and show what he is made of.

Love it, let's at least make one thread on this board where people don't troll.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

_H2O wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:

Esoc Council?

Well, what do you expect how people react, when one is a living aoe3 meme(garja), because of his actions, and the other one has outbursts of a little child on stream (you). Of course, there are people making fun of you.

About rikki: I dont really think people hated rikki for his maps, but more the fact that pretty much any new map, which was created by the esoc map team, got included in the tournament. You could have atleast made a poll before the tournament started, or when group stage was over, about new maps.

Interjection is definitely a great guy, but any player, who has decent understanding of the game, knows that his calls during his casts are not very accurate and superficial. He is great for beginners, but probably for players above captain/major sometimes annoying.

All 4 of you did much for the community, but you cant expect everyone to respect you-
r]
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

Tbh garja has also been very toxic, eventhough I might have been more toxic than he has. He's not really a victim.
Musketeer925 and interjection are though.
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

Gichtenlord wrote:
_H2O wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well, what do you expect how people react, when one is a living aoe3 meme(garja), because of his actions, and the other one has outbursts of a little child on stream (you). Of course, there are people making fun of you.

About rikki: I dont really think people hated rikki for his maps, but more the fact that pretty much any new map, which was created by the esoc map team, got included in the tournament. You could have atleast made a poll before the tournament started, or when group stage was over, about new maps.

Interjection is definitely a great guy, but any player, who has decent understanding of the game, knows that his calls during his casts are not very accurate and superficial. He is great for beginners, but probably for players above captain/major sometimes annoying.

All 4 of you did much for the community, but you cant expect everyone to respect you-

This is where your mistake is! Disliking is okay not respecting is not...
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Gichtenlord wrote:
_H2O wrote:
Show hidden quotes

you being a jugde of the biggest contributors to the comunity - What have you done? to make it better? just tell me - cos I really want to know :?:
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Im not judging. Im stating facts.
r]
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

I don't even care about being respected, my post was more to point out that while you may not realize it, the 15 seconds you spent typing that stupid post contributes to this community dying. That's my perspective from having seen how contributors morale changes over time.

Ultimately I guess you can decide if you want to bully someone for their flaws or appreciate them for what they have to offer.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

iwillspankyou wrote:
you being a jugde of the biggest contributors to the comunity - What have you done? to make it better? just tell me - cos I really want to know :?:

I'm staying neutral but this argument isn't good at all. You can't say "don't criticize somebody cause he achieved more/he's way better than you!!!", that's pure bs