Toxic chat and the bullying of our best players are killing the comunity

No Flag rosebud
Crossbow

Re: Toxic chat and the bullying of our best players are killing the comunity

Post by rosebud »

Gichtenlord wrote:
rosebud wrote:I agree with H2O. He's the best player of aoe3 and I think he knows better than us. I feel bad for Garja who is also a very good player. I don't think people should laugh at very good players. If they are good, it's because they deserved it. They worked hard. I've been playing aoe for five month and this kind of behavior is absolutly disgusting. I registered on this website just to share this.
@Gichtenlord seriously, your nobody. As H2O said, dont waste your time writing stupid posts.

You know, I hate discussions which are one sided. It's important to show the pros and cons. All I have shown are possible reasons why people dislike/hate the people mentioned in iwillspankykou's opening post.
Excusing someones actions, just because he contributed a lot of the community is wrong. I can still question his behavior.

@iwillspankyou Why do you like like rosebuds post, but also then like Edehollands post, which is pretty much the counter-argument :hmm:
Look at the number of "likes" H2O gets. People agree with him because hes actually right. And they admire him. You dont have any "like". If you was right, you d have more "likes"
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iwillspankyou wrote:I dont know if that was your name then- but I know u are still here. For some reason you want to protect what we have, and not wach it crumble?

Neuron. I was an admin who worked on the previous site and I came up with the idea for a Twitch channel, even called it ESOCTv, among other things. Then Mancl changed my account and removed the admin permissions, just because I didn't agree with him on stuff.

So, no, frankly, I don't rly care. I'm mostly exchaging replies on the offtopic section anyway. I don't have any connection with AOE3.
If there is an AOE3 stream, fine, if there isn't, fine again. My life doesn't revolve around AOE3 (or gaming).
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Isn't it funny how you can have such a long debate on something simply asking us to be nicer?
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

rosebud wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You know, I hate discussions which are one sided. It's important to show the pros and cons. All I have shown are possible reasons why people dislike/hate the people mentioned in iwillspankykou's opening post.
Excusing someones actions, just because he contributed a lot of the community is wrong. I can still question his behavior.

@iwillspankyou Why do you like like rosebuds post, but also then like Edehollands post, which is pretty much the counter-argument :hmm:
Look at the number of "likes" H2O gets. People agree with him because hes actually right. And they admire him. You dont have any "like". If you was right, you d have more "likes"

Yes cause the majority is always right, ALWAYS!
No Flag rosebud
Crossbow

Post by rosebud »

Dolan wrote: just because I didn't agree with him on stuff.
Im sure he had a better reason to ban you. Your hiding the truth.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

rosebud wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I guess it is hard to understand that I put myself on purpose on the "bad" side to show the reasons why people hate them. Sure, positivity is always more supported in public and gets more upvotes/likes.

I could also write a post on facebook about how cool it would be to have world peace and get lots of likes.
r]
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

rosebud wrote:

You're hiding who you are. That's worse.

Also Mancl may have paid for the forum hosting at that time but he didn't own the community. So no, he had no right to do what he did. I paid through my work to keep that forum up too.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Rosebud such a troll.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag rosebud
Crossbow

Post by rosebud »

Dolan wrote:
rosebud wrote:

Also Mancl may have paid for the forum hosting at that time but he didn't own the community. So no, he had no right to do what he did. I paid through my work to keep that forum up too.
and what did you do exactly excpt twitch chanel? Cuz everybody can do that.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Sir_Musket is toxic as well, please ban this guy
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

@iwillspankyou

I read through the thread now so I have a more context. Let me tell you two things.

First off my initial joke post in this thread wasn't an esoc empire joke (though I could see it being one), more than anything it was meant to be something to lighten the thread's mood. Guess that didn't work out but I also believe that drama is the result of people being too serious or getting caught up in things they shouldn't be in the first place.

Secondly, I know first-hand how difficult and grinding it can be to contribute to the community. It's not easy, it probably won't ever be. In the end no matter what you're doing, you're pissing off someone. I used to manage moderation and the name of the game is that moderators are always wrong. They're either too lenient ("you let trolls run rampant you shitter") or they're too severe ("why did you close this thread you shitter"). As ESOC staff, anything and everything you do on the site is subject to the scrutiny of both forum goers and fellow staff members; you can be sure that whatever you're doing, you're doing it poorly. In the end, you basically just say "fuck it, this isn't worth my time" which is pretty much what I did. I've found that my enjoyment of ESOC is undiminished, perhaps even greater, now than when I was on the team.

Now, I've already posted huge and similar tirades to yours in the OP. What I've personally found is that this is the wrong approach. If anything threads like these are only going to generate more tears, more drama, more and more. People who talk shit jerk off to threads like these. The people who are looking to actively contribute and participate in a cool way are hurt by these threads. Unfortunately the best remedy to drama is to basically go on a hiatus. If the community is annoying you, then leave and come back casually.

I feel very bad that contributors and other esteemed community members are getting burned up like it, honestly there isn't a SINGLE person (aside from Aiz, who is immortal in his own way somehow) I've talked to who hasn't expressed their frustration about this community in one way or another.

In the end- and I can only speak from personal experience- what is best is probably to shrug off things you dislike. Fortunately as a staff member I wasn't very useful, so my departure didn't harm what ESOC does today. However, please be forewarned of what happens when heavy-weight contributors leave. My advice would be that all parties take a step away from the drama, shrug things off, let bygones be bygones. Easier said than done though obviously.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Isn't it funny how you can have such a long debate on something simply asking us to be nicer?

it's pretty hilarious now that you mention it
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

rosebud wrote:
Dolan wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blahablahalbla.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

rosebud with the 3/7 troll
Garja wrote:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

rosebud wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:
Show hidden quotes

This is MY post - not H20_ or any of the supporters - get it - got it - R I G H T
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag rosebud
Crossbow

Post by rosebud »

Dolan wrote:
rosebud wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You defo deserved to be banned. You cant even answer a simple question. You did nothing to deserve the admin permission. word.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Dolan wrote:
rosebud wrote:
Show hidden quotes

That is very informative @Dolan
got a message for us in the blabla?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@rosebud just spell your message out loud - would like to hear it! come out and spell it in two sentences
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

rosebud wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:
Show hidden quotes

rosebud, are you one of those guys who spam everywhere on internet.. "Click here to get 1000 likes on your fb pic" ?
Please try to be more logical next time mate :flowers:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

lol spanks that guy is taking pot shots at dolan and is also saying other stuff which, given his low post count, means he is probably a smurf who is just fuckin' with the thread. there's plenty of old esoc drama to dig up and the guy is trying to do exactly that

so you probably shouldn't feed into that
Garja wrote:
No Flag rosebud
Crossbow

Post by rosebud »

you guyz call me troll because you dont agree with me. its fine......
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Would be cool to see a bit less toxicity. Problem is we are on the internet so that probably won't happen.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

And this is exactly what I call quality banter: that discussion between Dolan and others about his career at ESOC is just funny to read.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I had 3 suggestions how to fix the toxiciety
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I would suggest the number 2 is the best - do not be a passive bystander when your peer is being bullied - make a stand and get r id of the shenanigans. Be a Person of integraty :flowers: