Why is Iroquois considered so overpowered?

Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

incog wrote:i have that cardiff guy pested lol, i''m such an asshole

basically he asked for a game when he was a 2nd lt with a 43% win rate. he said he was new to the game and just looking to improve

so i''m like OK i''ll just play this guy

and i just get rekt in a jap mirror, not like i played well but he was no 2nd lt

i figured he was a smurf and he kept asking me for games after that and i got annoyed

sorry cardiff q_q

tbh i checked a couple weeks later and he was a major with 43% win rate.

that guy is 100% a smurf

how he can be? Cause of reaching major with iro?
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

because he maintained the 43% win rate

though maybe i'm wrong idk
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

incog wrote:he said he was new to the game and just looking to improve

I hate people who lie that they r new and then turn out to be really old time players
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Post by aoefan4life »

rsy wrote:
incog wrote:he said he was new to the game and just looking to improve
I hate people who lie that they r new and then turn out to be really old time players
This is a huge reason why I am playing less and less. Im playing people near my rank (around captian) and Im just getting destroyed by many of them who are clearly not my level and way above where Im at. Its really strange to see some captains just play way better than the player you know is the correct rank. Im just sick of it. I know some people use maphack but its really not possible to prove because Ryzon doesnt care anymore about that issue.
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Post by cowhax »

it's also important to just not underestimate anybody regardless of what they tell you.
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Post by aoefan4life »

cowhax wrote:it''s also important to just not underestimate anybody regardless of what they tell you.
I don''t underestimate anyone but if someone was truly a captain after so many games, they shouldn''t be playing at SUCH a higher level than I do.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

aoefan4life wrote:
rsy wrote:I hate people who lie that they r new and then turn out to be really old time players
This is a huge reason why I am playing less and less. Im playing people near my rank (around captian) and Im just getting destroyed by many of them who are clearly not my level and way above where Im at. Its really strange to see some captains just play way better than the player you know is the correct rank. Im just sick of it. I know some people use maphack but its really not possible to prove because Ryzon doesnt care anymore about that issue.
There is an absolutely huge variety of people in the rank captain. Ive played some captains and beaten them with almost no effort and played other captains and and been absolutely dismantled. It has the biggest verity of skill and the farthest lying outliers of any rank, at least from what Ive observed. Not sure why though. Maybe because its the highest rank you can get to without actually having a good understanding of the game, so people whos sole purpose in life is to gain pr get to captain and cant get any farther and still suck at the game while others are great but dont put any effort into ranking up and play bad match ups. Idk but Ive seen captains with elo in the 1700 and captains with elo in the 2400.
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Post by aoefan4life »

Yes because their known accounts is PR 35+
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Who would do such a thing?
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

princeofkabul wrote:Who would do such a thing?
:whistling:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Playing rated is kind of a mess, to be frank.

If you QS you can easily get fucked up by the map, sometimes the match up is bad as well but then again if you're smart you take a civ which is suitable for QS in the first place. Otherwise sometimes you get laggy players. Minus these defaults, I really like QS on principle, since you can get into a large variety of different situations which contributes well to game understanding.

Lobby rated is also good however you often cherry-pick your match ups and settings. I guess it's "more fair".

However for good practice I think spamming unrated games with a friend on garja's maps (tournament maps) is probably the best.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

yeah iro and otto are OP. BUT INDIA TOO. why dont you ban india in asc?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

paul wrote:yeah iro and otto are OP. BUT INDIA TOO. why dont you ban india in asc?

Because india isn''t?
Because it gets owned by iro and otto, and has a fair MU vs japan/sioux/azzy/France and german?
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

diarouga wrote:
paul wrote:yeah iro and otto are OP. BUT INDIA TOO. why dont you ban india in asc?
Because india isnt?
Because it gets owned by iro and otto, and has a fair MU vs japan/sioux/azzy/France and german?

india vs french/german are fair MUs? omg
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

paul wrote:
diarouga wrote:Because india isnt?
india vs french/german are fair MUs? omg
I dont play german but I prefer having fre vs india than indiaf vs fre.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
aoefan4life wrote:This is a huge reason why I am playing less and less. Im playing people near my rank (around captian) and Im just getting destroyed by many of them who are clearly not my level and way above where Im at. Its really strange to see some captains just play way better than the player you know is the correct rank. Im just sick of it. I know some people use maphack but its really not possible to prove because Ryzon doesnt care anymore about that issue.
There is an absolutely huge variety of people in the rank captain. Ive played some captains and beaten them with almost no effort and played other captains and and been absolutely dismantled. It has the biggest verity of skill and the farthest lying outliers of any rank, at least from what Ive observed. Not sure why though. Maybe because its the highest rank you can get to without actually having a good understanding of the game, so people whos sole purpose in life is to gain pr get to captain and cant get any farther and still suck at the game while others are great but dont put any effort into ranking up and play bad match ups. Idk but Ive seen captains with elo in the 1700 and captains with elo in the 2400.
Maybe also because captain is the rank where you start to decay? You get to captain, dont play for a week, decay and get back to captain endlessly. Some people are good enough to get passed captain, but dont play enough to pass captain.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Because Indians aren''t anywhere near as strong as Iroquois and Ottomans, and several other civilizations other than the aforementioned are arguably just as good.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

he ofc isnt new, he used to play in 2008
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

zoom wrote:
Because Indians arent anywhere near as strong as Iroquois and Ottomans, and several other civilizations other than the aforementioned are arguably just as good.
I should add Im sure Garja would disagree with me, though...
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

ahah you so annoying targeting at me

Yes India is no way close to Iros. No other civs are not just as good.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I just realized upon posting the reply above that you would probably disagree considering opinions of yours previously shared. I thought it was relevant to mention. I don't know whether I would call it targeting you in any aggressive or insulting manner.

I think Japanese and Indians are very close, and both civilizations are better than the rest of the field on maps with relatively low hunts. I also think British are just as good as Indians and almost as good as Japanese on maps with high hunts. There are a few civilizations that aren't far behind.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

u always target me ahah
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

If you feel that way, I'll try to act in a way that makes you feel less as such.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:I just realized upon posting the reply above that you would probably disagree considering opinions of yours previously shared. I thought it was relevant to mention. I don''t know whether I would call it targeting you in any aggressive or insulting manner.

I think Japanese and Indians are very close, and both civilizations are better than the rest of the field on maps with relatively low hunts. I also think British are just as good as Indians and almost as good as Japanese on maps with high hunts. There are a few civilizations that aren''t far behind.
+1
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Iro can actually have units with stats almost equivalent to european guard units (not royal). Those are 50% more hp and attack. Iro can get 52% attack more and 40% hp