Nah he's PR 25
Pay more attention to detail.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: We're growing old

Post by pecelot »

Gendarme wrote:Oh, this reminds of the good old times before having discovered the "Multiplayer" button. Playing against the AI with moderate difficulty, making 17 CDB and then deciding that it was enough, walling and going to imperial age, and finally get 50 Imperial Gendarmes out after two hours of gameplay and giving the finishing blow to the empire of Queen Elisabeth.

hah same, but I used to play as Ports against my nemesis — Frederick the Great. 30 vills, 50 Guerreiros, Rabaulds and the second sneaky-sneaky army with 20 Halberdiers and 5 Mortars to siege from the back — OP!!!

My account is more-than-10-year-old, Pezet seemed to be a good nickname back then... :hmm:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I always teamed up with isabella :love:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

why is it always me that get double-teamed? ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

i see you like it rough ;)

Taunt 28
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Gendarme wrote:Oh, this reminds of the good old times before having discovered the "Multiplayer" button. Playing against the AI with moderate difficulty, making 17 CDB and then deciding that it was enough, walling and going to imperial age, and finally get 50 Imperial Gendarmes out after two hours of gameplay and giving the finishing blow to the empire of Queen Elisabeth.

I used to play otto because I liked to bring abus guns to 90 attack or so and one shoot Ivan the Terrible's age 2 strelets, but I was so annoyed by free villagers coming out of tc all the time so when I had like 50 of them idle under my tc I deleted them or sent them to enemy base
But the best was when I just waited until I had basically 200 pop of imperial great bombards, and then I pushed and shot with all bombards at the mass of like 100 halberdiers or w/e infantry it was that the AI threw at me
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Let's take an acid trip together and relive our memories. Who's in?!
Pay more attention to detail.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Already played nr40 before I knew about eso. Beat that.
r]
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

WickedCossack wrote:
Diarouga wrote:I was pr8 when I was 12 years old :(

Blimey, you've made quite an improvement in only a year! :lol:

xD
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

*Picks Ottoman*
*Types "speed always wins*
*settler rushes AI*
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Couprider wrote:I have played aoe3 for years, and now I lose badly to those 17yrs old school boys :sad:
They don't really know many "strategy" "bo" "match-up", but they have insane micro, raid from 3, 4, 5 directions, while i just don't know how my 10+ vills died :sad:
And now even our leader, H2O, has lost to cruel time :sad: We're dying and decaying like the falling leaves in cold november rain :sad: :sad: :sad:

It's pretty much the opposite imo. I'm pretty sure people focus much more on strats and build orders now. Reasons : the game is old so we have more refined build orders, we have so many people streaming so newer players can learn the builds, we have so many forums created over the years and so many recs that people can use...
Also on tad, the age 2 meta is very cav heavy, whereas on nilla it was much more RI heavy, and RI requires more micro. Basically I remember that people on nilla usually had terrible builds (often very aggressive, no timings, not a lot of fortress play) but also decent mechanics.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Couprider wrote:I have played aoe3 for years, and now I lose badly to those 17yrs old school boys :sad:
They don't really know many "strategy" "bo" "match-up", but they have insane micro, raid from 3, 4, 5 directions, while i just don't know how my 10+ vills died :sad:
And now even our leader, H2O, has lost to cruel time :sad: We're dying and decaying like the falling leaves in cold november rain :sad: :sad: :sad:

It's pretty much the opposite imo. I'm pretty sure people focus much more on strats and build orders now. Reasons : the game is old so we have more refined build orders, we have so many people streaming so newer players can learn the builds, we have so many forums created over the years and so many recs that people can use...
Also on tad, the age 2 meta is very cav heavy, whereas on nilla it was much more RI heavy, and RI requires more micro. Basically I remember that people on nilla usually had terrible builds (often very aggressive, no timings, not a lot of fortress play) but also decent mechanics.

Does RI require more micro? I'm not too sure, you just need to hit and run.
As a cav player you need to deal with raids, and the cav micro isn't that easy. In my opinion, nilla players have bad builds for three reasons:
-bad maps which force agressive play
-No real community, you just play with friends and keep doing the same bad builds, nilla players don't watch streams and aren't in ESOC so they aren't aware of the new builds.
-No high level players, that's why you can get to pr40 with terrible builds if you are good, while on TAD, even a great player will need to have a great meta understanding to be top. For example you need to learn to play against TWC and TAD civs, ie you need precise builds and timings, you can't just play the game without any plan.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Cav micro is not easy when you actually try to micro it, which most people don't even do on tad. They mostly attack move their cav in anti-cav. My point was, when you play bow pike vs musk cav on nilla, it requires micro from both sides (especially the bow pike one). This doesn't really happen on tad, it's usually just cav wars.
People also raid a lot on nilla, even if you don't have cav you can pressure the hunts and etc, which is as hard to defend as defending cav raids (if not more because of the range).
Maps were not even worse on nilla, tad maps are just as bad if not worse. People just keep saying that because gp was larger on nilla, which means that the average distance from a hunt to your tc is greater. But other maps are not worse than tad qs maps.
There actually used to be a community on nilla before. I'm ofc not talking about the 2016 nilla which is a fucking desert... The discussion was about old aoe, so I'm talking about old nilla. A lot of tourneys were hosted there and I'm pretty sure a lot of forums concerned nilla as well. Streams and ESOC didn't even exist back then anyway, regardless of the extension.
Same for high level players, there used to be good players on nilla at some point, just not atm because it's dead. No one needs to learn timings and stuff in tad qs btw, that's just true on good maps. Shout-out to tit, tad pr 40, with only india 10/10 in qs.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Cav micro is not easy when you actually try to micro it, which most people don't even do on tad. They mostly attack move their cav in anti-cav. My point was, when you play bow pike vs musk cav on nilla, it requires micro from both sides (especially the bow pike one). This doesn't really happen on tad, it's usually just cav wars.
People also raid a lot on nilla, even if you don't have cav you can pressure the hunts and etc, which is as hard to defend as defending cav raids (if not more because of the range).
Maps were not even worse on nilla, tad maps are just as bad if not worse. People just keep saying that because gp was larger on nilla, which means that the average distance from a hunt to your tc is greater. But other maps are not worse than tad qs maps.
There actually used to be a community on nilla before. I'm ofc not talking about the 2016 nilla which is a fucking desert... The discussion was about old aoe, so I'm talking about old nilla. A lot of tourneys were hosted there and I'm pretty sure a lot of forums concerned nilla as well. Streams and ESOC didn't even exist back then anyway, regardless of the extension.
Same for high level players, there used to be good players on nilla at some point, just not atm because it's dead. No one needs to learn timings and stuff in tad qs btw, that's just true on good maps. Shout-out to tit, tad pr 40, with only india 10/10 in qs.

nilla scrub
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

Kaiserklein wrote:Cav micro is not easy when you actually try to micro it, which most people don't even do on tad. They mostly attack move their cav in anti-cav. My point was, when you play bow pike vs musk cav on nilla, it requires micro from both sides (especially the bow pike one). This doesn't really happen on tad, it's usually just cav wars.

Well, that's an irrelevant topic, but tbh TAD sag is much better than nilla sag (you're only never screwed on TAD while you're often on nilla), and eventhough Ozark sucks, SR, Himalaya, Deccan, Siberia and Mongolia are quite fair compared to the average nilla map.

There actually used to be a community on nilla before.

I know, and there used to be std bos (at Umeu's time for example), but the meta wasn't really developped.

I'm ofc not talking about the 2016 nilla which is a fucking desert... The discussion was about old aoe, so I'm talking about old nilla. A lot of tourneys were hosted there and I'm pretty sure a lot of forums concerned nilla as well. Streams and ESOC didn't even exist back then anyway, regardless of the extension.
:o
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

My beginnings with this game... :love: I never looked at units statistics, was too lazy to learn and remember them. I only wanted to know the counter system. I believed that the most expensive units were the most efficient ones, and I wanted to have an elite army (who wants to train musketeers when you have halberdiers ??). I made the games start in the Fortress Age. Later I enjoyed starting Nomad more. I built mills in age I, believing that since they are an investment, they had a far better gathering rate than hunts. I liked to build all my houses at the same point of the game, for not having to build other ones later. I played Portuguese and never trained vills from extra TCs, only from the 1st one. I stopped villager production around 30. Also, I was so proud when I won my 1st game in "hard" mode ! I took a screenshot.
When I began in the multiplayer mode, I quickly raised to the rank of... lance corporal. I remained at this rank until I discovered AoE III forums.
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

...people on nilla usually had terrible builds (often very aggressive, no timings, not a lot of fortress play)...

I copy all the TAD builds esp aizamk LOL
...nilla players don't watch streams and aren't in ESOC so they aren't aware of the new builds.

ahem.
I'm ofc not talking about the 2016 nilla which is a fucking desert...

True but so hurtful :(

actually nilla has up to 1500 players on weekend nights...but on weekdays when I play only 200-300 :mad:
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

milku3459 wrote:
...people on nilla usually had terrible builds (often very aggressive, no timings, not a lot of fortress play)...

I copy all the TAD builds esp aizamk LOL
...nilla players don't watch streams and aren't in ESOC so they aren't aware of the new builds.

ahem.
I'm ofc not talking about the 2016 nilla which is a fucking desert...

True but so hurtful :(

actually nilla has up to 1500 players on weekend nights...but on weekdays when I play only 200-300 :mad:

I'm pretty sure those numbers refer to the combined user count of TAD, TWC, and nilla combined. Anyways, I played nilla from Dec 2015-Jul 2016, nearly 200 games, so I do know what it's like being a nilla scrub. If you ever want someone to play against on nilla, just pm when I'm on :love:

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

I'm pretty sure those numbers refer to the combined user count of TAD, TWC, and nilla combined.

...my life is a lie. vanilla is dead. Steam I'm coming for that deal!
What is your PR?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Yes, that number is combined concurrent users on ESO, across all game versions.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

milku3459 wrote:
I'm pretty sure those numbers refer to the combined user count of TAD, TWC, and nilla combined.

...my life is a lie. vanilla is dead. Steam I'm coming for that deal!
What is your PR?

My pr when I left nilla was 20-22 But I've gotten better so maybe more like 1st Lt on nilla now.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

Perfect...I have a x2 all actions dmg vs 1st LTs Taunt 21
United States of America ADEM10000
Crossbow
ESO: ADEM10000

Post by ADEM10000 »

If it makes you feel better I'm 17 and I have played the game since the year it came out. I remember we went into gamestop and looked at the pc games they had. My dad insisted I buy aoe3 because it had a Native American on the cover (he loves native Americans)
I casually play the game and I love it