When will the first matches be decided?

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

When will the first matches be decided for the summer tournament?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

U mean brackets?
Ye I would like to know who I m gonna face too.
And what is the map order?
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

I don't understand why there aren't group stages on this tournament. Tourney starts already with brackets stages.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

marco1698 wrote:I don''t understand why there aren''t group stages on this tournament. Tourney starts already with brackets stages.

It is seeded to allow a bracket format. This can help better players make it to later rounds without getting screwed over. IE last tournament had some groups that were harder than others, allowing certain players to progress to a stage that was above their skill level. In a truly random group stage format it is possible that a player like myself could make it to the quarterfinals, and bsop/h20/other top players could be out in round of 256. In a seeded format it makes it likely that i wont make it out of 256 and h20 wont see bsop until like the semis or something. This creates a higher skilled tournament.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Hey Everyone

Thank you for asking. There are three questions here so I will lay it out that way:

When will the first matches be decided for the summer tournament?
The first matches cannot be decided until signups close. They will close on June 26th. We will then use a computer program to pull ELO ratings, and preseed our top 16 players who have decided to come play again. Brackets will then be published. Although I can publish the current seeding of players it will change a lot as more people signup and ELO's fluctuate.

What is the Map Order?
The map order is going to be unique for each match. We will publish the map selection criteria and assign a map pool to each match when the brackets are announced.

Here is a quick preview of the map pools for the first round which will be a BO3.

Rules:
[ul type="disc"][li]At most 1 Land-No Tp maps[/li][li]At most 1 Water map[/li][li]At most 2 TP maps[/li][li]No Tibet and Indonesia[/li][/ul]
Here are 13 random pulls from these rules:

We will be randomly attaching these to each match and it will be very obvious for players in both the scheduling topic and brackets.

[ol type="decimal"][li]High Plains , Baja California , Cascade Range ,
[/li][li]Baja California , Bengal , Arkansas ,[/li][li]High Plains , Arkansas , Bengal ,
[/li][li]Cascade Range , High Plains , Manchuria ,
[/li][li]Bengal , Baja California , High Plains ,
[/li][li]Arkansas , Cascade Range , Hudson Bay ,
[/li][li]Bengal , Manchuria , Arkansas ,
[/li][li]Baja California , Cascade Range , Arkansas ,
[/li][li]Manchuria , Cascade Range , High Plains ,
[/li][li]Cascade Range , Baja California , Arkansas ,
[/li][li]Cascade Range , Arkansas , High Plains ,
[/li][li]Arkansas , Bengal , High Plains ,
[/li][li]Baja California , Bengal , High Plains ,[/li][/ol]

Brackets vs Group Stage?

This is the first time we have allowed open brackets. Right now we are trying that with a RO256 Layout which we expect to fit well with the number of signups. Group stages may be making a return in the future and ESOC is keeping a close eye on how to do this better moving forward. We will make sure we get this right!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The thing with group stages is that they are kinda stupid when a bunch of people fail to schedule their matches. Then it's hard to decide who should get what points. WIth open bracket, the person that did try to schedule the matches will advance. That's much easier in that case. And yes, you could assume that this won't happen, but I think it's pretty likely that there will be tons of scheduling issues.
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

h2o wrote:Rules:
[ul type="disc"][li]At most 1 Land-No Tp maps[/li][li]At most 1 Water map[/li][li]At most 2 TP maps[/li][li]No Tibet and Indonesia
[/li][/ul]
Hi,

alternatively and perhaps better to imagine for someone, these rules for the 3 Maps in the RO256 could also be formulated in the following way:

[ul type="disc"][li]Exactly one out of Cascade-Range, Bengal[/li][li]EITHER: No Water map but both Arkansas+High Plains, OR: Exactly one out of the three water maps (Hudson Bay, Manchuria, Baja California) and exactly one out of Arkansas, High Plains.
[/li][/ul]
(Remark: Cascade-Range obviously doesnt count as Water-Map)

Thus, there are exactly 14 different possibilities for the 3-Map-Set.