Smackdown payouts! Blackstar_OP vs Aizamk

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

You'd think this result was so expected no one could've possibly made a significant profit, but it turns out the 4-0 wasn't bet on all that much. Yes, it was the most expected result, but it was clear that many betters were going for the less likely results to make the big bucks. Considering the civ rules who can blame them?
But BS took it 4-0. Odds were pretty okay at x2.9, meaning there are a lot of solid, 1000+ wins.

Mnogud took the biggest one, having put 1000 on BSOP 4-0 and another 41 on BSOP winning. He barely edges out niedhalf, who had just the 1000 on 4-0. They win 1906 and 1900 points respectively. Grats!
Third is jsimons1289, who is doing quite well yet again. He wins 1690 points and extends his lead. Someone stop this kid! Aiz himself, who bet a solid point on himself winning 4-0, ends up losing it and barely clutches that second place rank. Another volatile round for the Cowmaster.

Poor gibson, who was doing very well before (he was sitting in second place and his bets were looking solid), secured the biggest loss in AoE3 bets history today :( I guess the money had to come from somewhere, he loses a whopping 3060 points and drops to 1140, only 140 more than he started with. Unlucky!

And we broke the record of most points bet on a single match yet again. Now 37172! Nice.

Records after this round:
Biggest profit in a single match: Aizamk (Umeu vs H2O) - 5395 points
Most unexpected result: Samwise12 vs MusketJr 4-3 - odds x8.1
Most points bet on a single match: Blackstar_OP vs Aizamk - 37172 points
Most points bet total: CuCkO0 - 8223 points

Standings:
Note: last column shows points won/lost this match.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/IeoqX1H.png[/img]
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Gs, did you get my edit just a few seconds before the game started? Because I betted slightly different (I think if you didnt get it, it'd cost me a few points).
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

For you I had
90 on BS
10 on Aiz
800 on BS 4-0
100 on BS 4-2
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

k then it's fine.

Just looking if I could earn some free karma points.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Well shit. I blame Jerom, who said in a twitch chat that you should bet with your heart. Oh well, I'll win it back next week.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:Well shit. I blame Jerom, who said in a twitch chat that you should bet with your heart. Oh well, I''ll win it back next week.
Because it''s more fun that way. I didnt know you wanted to win...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:Well shit. I blame Jerom, who said in a twitch chat that you should bet with your heart. Oh well, Ill win it back next week.
Because its more fun that way. I didnt know you wanted to win...
Haha no youre completely right. This isnt real betting and shouldnt be treated as such. I just feel like a dumbass because I bet so many points on so many different out comes Im pretty sure it was impossible for me to come out ahead no matter what happened lol
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:Because its more fun that way. I didnt know you wanted to win...
Haha no youre completely right. This isnt real betting and shouldnt be treated as such. I just feel like a dumbass because I bet so many points on so many different out comes Im pretty sure it was impossible for me to come out ahead no matter what happened lol
special tactics haha
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Can we have actual betting on the summer tourney? Maybe choose a fairly even match up every round with fairly well known players. Be able to buy 1000 points with 10$ or something.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

nah

guy who wins the betting thing wins smt though
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

No money, lets keep this fun
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

gibson wrote:Can we have actual betting on the summer tourney? Maybe choose a fairly even match up every round with fairly well known players. Be able to buy 1000 points with 10$ or something.
No, that will get us in all kinds of legal trouble. Also I want to include everyone, including but not limited to poor students ')
There will be a 100$ prize in it for the summer event though.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

calmyourtits wrote:
gibson wrote:Can we have actual betting on the summer tourney? Maybe choose a fairly even match up every round with fairly well known players. Be able to buy 1000 points with 10$ or something.
No, that will get us in all kinds of legal trouble. Also I want to include everyone, including but not limited to poor students ')
On behalve of myself, I thank you.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

calmyourtits wrote:
While gambling is technically illegal ( at least for most people in the united states), no one would bother to bust such a small racket. Maybe give people a small number of free points and then the option to buy more? Idk Im probably just trying to find another way to feed my love of gambling lol.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Where am I on this ladder? I betted my 1000 points on blackstar winning and he won so I should have 2000 points now. Why you didn't consider my betting goodspeed?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

marco1698 wrote:Where am I on this ladder? I betted my 1000 points on blackstar winning and he won so I should have 2000 points now. Why you didn''t consider my betting goodspeed?
Probably because your post didn''t contain any numbers he missed it. Also, you won''t have 2000 points because you just bet that he would win, not the specific result. You should have 1140 or so.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

gibson wrote:
marco1698 wrote:Where am I on this ladder? I betted my 1000 points on blackstar winning and he won so I should have 2000 points now. Why you didnt consider my betting goodspeed?
Probably because your post didnt contain any numbers he missed it. Also, you wont have 2000 points because you just bet that he would win, not the specific result. You should have 1140 or so.
Yep thats exactly the reason I missed it :) Sorry Marco.
Updated. You indeed have 1140 points now.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

Mgud actually :7upspot:
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

calmyourtits wrote:
gibson wrote:Probably because your post didnt contain any numbers he missed it. Also, you wont have 2000 points because you just bet that he would win, not the specific result. You should have 1140 or so.
Yep thats exactly the reason I missed it :) Sorry Marco.
No problem. How do you calculate points? I bet 1000 points with risk to lose all of them, while in case of victory i can take only 40 points? Hmm, is this fair?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Yes because the risk was very low.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

marco1698 wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:Yep thats exactly the reason I missed it :) Sorry Marco.
No problem. How do you calculate points? I bet 1000 points with risk to lose all of them, while in case of victory i can take only 40 points? Hmm, is this fair?
Its calculated so that results which are bet on very little have the highest payout rate.
When talking about player A winning/player B winning its very simple. I take all points bet on player A and all points bet on player B and divide them by each other which gives me the odds. Then I multiply however many points you bet on the winning result by the winning odds and theres your payout.

This time there were 32610 points bet on BSOP and only 4562 on Aiz. Profit: 4562/32610 = 0.139 so 14% (odds 1:1.14) in case BSOP wins. In your case since you bet 1000 points, you get 1000 + 14% or 1000 * 1.14 = 1140 points which is 140 points profit.
If Aiz won the profit would be 32610/4562 = 7.148 so 715%. If you had 1000 points on that and it happened, you would get 1000 + 715% or 1000 * 8.15 = 8150 points which is 7150 points profit. This way you can clearly see that high risk bets produce higher profits and considering everyone was betting on BSOP, yours was a low risk bet.