2v2 Invitational Player Update

United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Re: 2v2 Invitational Player Update

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Everyone here is absolutely lovely. Some people's loveliness is a bit more hidden than others. I am glad that everyone is being more respectful than normal here and that issues are being discussed and resolved openly. I appreciate all of you and I hope we can all group hug virtually.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Everyone here is absolutely lovely. Some people's loveliness is a bit more hidden than others. I am glad that everyone is being more respectful than normal here and that issues are being discussed and resolved openly. I appreciate all of you and I hope we can all group hug virtually.

lol
Edit: sarcasm? or you serious?
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Everyone here is absolutely lovely. Some people's loveliness is a bit more hidden than others. I am glad that everyone is being more respectful than normal here and that issues are being discussed and resolved openly. I appreciate all of you and I hope we can all group hug virtually.

A very nice post to read amidst this
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

lemmings121 wrote:This isnt really going nowere, maybe privite talk to goongoon and try work this out?

Even tho soldier is beeing nice offering his spot, imo just ask if goongoon wants to play with someone else and if he does, h2o and sam should leave, just to make things as fair as possible.
Attempt a private talk with goongoon. I fucking dare you.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Permanschlager wrote:So breeze and goongoon was just in to hold spot or?^^
Yes – and you're next. You'd better make sure to "suck ESOC" enough, as they sai.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

He didn't practice. Or he lied to me about it. Seems like he also didn't make a poll about edeholland and pecelot and he also doesn't think he has to follow any rules.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Every post even lovelier than the previous. Passion runs high sometimes, but it keeps us together.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Lukas_L99 wrote:To be fair that invitational is hosted by Eso-C so they can decide who the fuck is allowed to play and who isn't.

Those polls by breeze are retarded as fuck, but I don't like goongoon getting kicked for no reason.

Because it's organized by ESOC they can decide to kick people out for no reason (goongoon) and replace them with admins? How about donators?

If I collect 100k development money from other people to my Somppu's Africa help organization I can afterwards say to everbody: "Fuck you all, it's my organization, I keep all the money myself", and that's okay?

Secondly, who cares which kind of polls you make on the forum? If someone's self-esteem is damaged by Breeze's polls it's quite sad. I think unrespectful manner ingame/scheduling should cause bans not random forum polls.

It looks like some people agree what I've been saying for long time. Admin/dev/whatever team is a huge inner circle without any criticism towards each others and whenever someone decides to do this kind of mindless and unfair decisions nobody is saying anything.

Reasonable admin team would be a selection of different kind of people from different "camps". Not a mafia team like this. Doing biased decisions like kicking breeze out for a small reason and goongoon out for absolutely no reason.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

a donation doesn't entitle you to jack shit, that's the point of donating; you have faith that the administration of whoever you donated to will use your money well

somppu, shut the fuck up, people ARE criticizing the admin decision to kick out goongoon. nobody's defending the fact goongoon was unfairly removed. it was an understable decision to remove breeze, but nobody here agrees that goongoon deserved the axe. everyone sees that this is an imperfect admin decision, and everyone's pointing it out, unlike what you hyperbolize to be a big circlejerk. i'm sure we'll see goongoon play if he wants to; it's also his decision if, for whatever reason, he doesn't want to play anymore. if goongoon makes an effort to communicate that he'd still like to play, i'm sure he'll be put on.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Very sorry to hear Breeze team was kicked out, I know how it hurts but this can be solved by making this tourney to start from RO16 so need 14 (breezebrothers team included here) players more,if it's possible problem solved if not idk any other solution to this.
:nwc:
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

deleted_user wrote:It looks to me like decision to find a new replacement duo instead of asking goongoon was a matter based on circumstance rather than ESOC's attitude towards him. I think this judgment call was a mistake and I'd like to see an invitation extended to goongoon to find a new mate (if he'd like) and leave Ryan and Sam as the alternative to that.

That's exactly correct. As I said many times, while it is unfortunate for goongoon, this is a team event. His teammate fucked him over with his actions. If this was a few weeks ago it would have been easy to ask goongoon to find a new partner if he wanted. Unfortunately for him, the first round is 2 weeks away and we can't sit around and wait a week to see if he wants to play with someone else. It's not fair to the other teams (not knowing how to prepare) or to the organizers who are scrambling to find a replacement at the last minute. Things have to move forward. If we learned anything from the last invitational event it was that everything has to be locked in at least a week out, or things can go awry very fast. I could go on and say that goongoon is probably the least trustworthy to be entrusted to schedule with a new teammate in a short amount of time, the decision would have been the same regardless of who was Breeze's partner.

The point of the invitationals has always been to bring high level content to the community, as that is why most people donate. Who gets invited has been hotly debated, both in the past 1v1 tournament as well as for this event. Because there are many players or teams whom a case for participation could be made, I've viewed this as a privilege. So when a player who already has a history goes and shows he clearly doesn't care about the team putting on the event, that privilege should be revoked. Perhaps there shouldn't be any more invitationals in the future to avoid having issues where this could occur, but that would be unfortunate considering the general excitement surrounding them. What's done is done, we all learn from mistakes and go forward as best we can. :flowers:
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Cometk wrote:a donation doesn't entitle you to jack shit, that's the point of donating; you have faith in the administration of whoever you donated your money to will use it well.

somppu, shut the fuck up, people ARE criticizing the admin decision to kick out goongoon. nobody's defending the fact goongoon was unfairly removed. it was an understable decision to remove breeze, but nobody here is agreeing that goongoon deserved the axe as well. everyone sees that this is has been an imperfect admin decision, and everyone's pointing it out, unlike what you hyperbolize to be a big circlejerk. i'm sure we'll see goongoon play if he wants to; it's also his decision if he doesn't want to play for whatever reason. if goongoon makes an effort to communicate that he'd still like to play, i'm sure he'll be put on.

Yes it doesn't and that's why I don't want to donate to people doing such biased decisions :)

Don't get mad bro. Heyy, you are exactly proving my point! Good jo my friend. Every agrees it's unfair and still admins are defending why they kicked Breeze and Goongoon out! That's what I call inner circle my friend! You proved my point.

Why should goongoon make any effort? Shouldn't admins contact him instead before this kind of decision? It's just bad administration. And this fact makes them also mad. Because they are used to their inner circle compliments. Someone critizing makes them feel offended and creates hate towards people who don't conform this circle.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

His teammate fucked him over with his actions.

He makes a fking poll on the forums and he gets banned from the tournament? Wtf again.

I mean the president of USA can say that Person X is disgusting and nobody gives a fuck. Then breeze makes a poll on the ESOC forum and he gets kicked out.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

It's like also quite homophobic. If the poll thread would be like "Which one bangs more beautiful pussies" everybody would be proud of these boys. But when it'a about dicks, everybody is loosing their minds.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Glad you are here for us Somppu to us grounded in the current political climate. :flowers:
mad cuz bad
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira

Post by Vinyanyérë »

somppukunkku wrote:
His teammate fucked him over with his actions.

He makes a fking poll on the forums and he gets banned from the tournament? Wtf again.

I mean the president of USA can say that Person X is disgusting and nobody gives a fuck. Then breeze makes a poll on the ESOC forum and he gets kicked out.

I've neither the time nor the inclination to make responses to people on this entire thread (not at the moment anyway), but I think that it would be prudent to point out that there's an entire Wikipedia article covering the subject of protests against the President and that these protests in aggregate involve multiple millions of people. It's a little inaccurate to say "nobody gives a fuck".

somppukunkku wrote:If I collect 100k development money from other people to my Somppu's Africa help organization I can afterwards say to everbody: "Fuck you all, it's my organization, I keep all the money myself", and that's okay?

This may be considered a crime in some jurisdictions, depending on how Somppu's Africa help organization presents itself. I advise that you read up on your local and national laws before attempting to do this.
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

somppukunkku wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:To be fair that invitational is hosted by Eso-C so they can decide who the fuck is allowed to play and who isn't.

Those polls by breeze are retarded as fuck, but I don't like goongoon getting kicked for no reason.

Because it's organized by ESOC they can decide to kick people out for no reason (goongoon) and replace them with admins? How about donators?

If I collect 100k development money from other people to my Somppu's Africa help organization I can afterwards say to everbody: "Fuck you all, it's my organization, I keep all the money myself", and that's okay?

Secondly, who cares which kind of polls you make on the forum? If someone's self-esteem is damaged by Breeze's polls it's quite sad. I think unrespectful manner ingame/scheduling should cause bans not random forum polls.

It looks like some people agree what I've been saying for long time. Admin/dev/whatever team is a huge inner circle without any criticism towards each others and whenever someone decides to do this kind of mindless and unfair decisions nobody is saying anything.

Reasonable admin team would be a selection of different kind of people from different "camps". Not a mafia team like this. Doing biased decisions like kicking breeze out for a small reason and goongoon out for absolutely no reason.

The Africa example doesnt make sense. People are donating to get more AOE content lol, not to see 1 specific person play.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

It's an invitational, the organizers can decide who is playing and who isn't, thats how it works.
If they randomly kicked people for no reason I could understand the frustration (well goongoon kinda got kicked for no reason, nodody thinks that was a good idea), but breeze just acted like a dick on the organizer's platform (the forums). Whether the polls really were insulting or not is subjective, but it was stupid by him and there's no denying that
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

somppukunkku wrote:Why should goongoon make any effort? Shouldn't admins contact him instead before this kind of decision? It's just bad administration. And this fact makes them also mad. Because they are used to their inner circle compliments. Someone critizing makes them feel offended and creates hate towards people who don't conform this circle.

you're right; this whole stink comes from (what seems like) a lack of communication between the admins and breeze/goongoon (before going public with the situation). that's where the administration failed, and that's (mostly) why we have this silly 5-page long thread. but also keep in mind goongoon is notorious for how bad his scheduling is. these things are planned out weeks in advance; waiting for a response from an elusive player could put a big halt on the show, which is what we run these things for.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Cometk wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:Why should goongoon make any effort? Shouldn't admins contact him instead before this kind of decision? It's just bad administration. And this fact makes them also mad. Because they are used to their inner circle compliments. Someone critizing makes them feel offended and creates hate towards people who don't conform this circle.

you're right; this whole stink comes from (what seems like) a lack of communication between the admins and breeze/goongoon (before going public with the situation). that's where the administration failed, and that's (mostly) why we have this silly 5-page long thread. but also keep in mind goongoon is notorious for how bad his scheduling is. these things are planned out weeks in advance; waiting for a response from an elusive player could put a big halt on the show, which is what we run these things for.

They could give him 1 day tho
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Yes you are right. There are some demonstrations against president but they are usually quite small. I'd like to remind that also here is a 6 page long demonstration going on.

Africa reference holds perfectly. The main goal is to provide happiness to the world both cases. And now it can't happen. I'd like recommend to give these players some kind of compensation. Like goongoon a rolex so he could be on time atleast once in a life or a book about GMT zones.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Kind of like a big golf invitational, all the players get swag. I like it. Too bad you couldn't play and miss out on your Rolex.
mad cuz bad
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Wait, am I seeing sompu complaining again ?
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira

Post by Vinyanyérë »

somppukunkku wrote:Yes you are right. There are some demonstrations against president but they are usually quite small. I'd like to remind that also here is a 6 page long demonstration going on.

Africa reference holds perfectly. The main goal is to provide happiness to the world both cases. And now it can't happen. I'd like recommend to give these players some kind of compensation. Like goongoon a rolex so he could be on time atleast once in a life or a book about GMT zones.

yeah but when Donald Trump called Madonna disgusting /r/politics made like 50 pages so idk
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Rikikipu wrote:Wait, am I seeing sompu complaining again ?

I'm protecting these nice guys.

"He's the hero ESOC deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark Somppu"
-Princeofkabul, 2017