Friendly AoE3 people

France benj89
Howdah

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by benj89 »

Ok, now I'm asking you, are they notorious because you heard it from a few ignorant american (everyday I'm amazed at how the average american guy is simple/close minded), french are also notorious to be subtle, nuanced, so according to what's notorious I would say there is smtg more detailed than the americain way of explaining it.
so if you heard it because the average american tourist told it to you, that has 0 value, if you actually experienced it that's smtg else, and I told you the reason why it might have happened.
and if a french guy refuse to give you directions while he can speak english, he is just a retard, retards are everywhere
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by Papist »

benj89 wrote:Ok, now I''m asking you, are they notorious because you heard it from a few ignorant american (everyday I''m amazed at how the average american guy is simple/close minded), french are also notorious to be subtle, nuanced, so according to what''s notorious I would say there is smtg more detailed than the americain way of explaining it.
so if you heard it because the average american tourist told it to you, that has 0 value, if you actually experienced it that''s smtg else, and I told you the reason why it might have happened.
and if a french guy refuse to give you directions while he can speak english, he is just a retard, retards are everywhere
Well, I guess the majority of the Parisian population is retarded then.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by Mimsy for President »

papist wrote:
benj89 wrote:
Well, I guess the majority of the Parisian population is retarded then.
retards are everywhere he said...
France benj89
Howdah

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by benj89 »

I also guess you talked to the majority of them then, damn it you are the perfect illustration of the average american guy.
And comparing France to Paris was also very relevant
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by momuuu »

benj89 wrote:Ok, now I''m asking you, are they notorious because you heard it from a few ignorant american (everyday I''m amazed at how the average american guy is simple/close minded), french are also notorious to be subtle, nuanced, so according to what''s notorious I would say there is smtg more detailed than the americain way of explaining it.
so if you heard it because the average american tourist told it to you, that has 0 value, if you actually experienced it that''s smtg else, and I told you the reason why it might have happened.
I think they treat foreingers notably different compared to italians/germans/swiss/austrians/portuguese/greeks. Never been to any other country than those, but the French are definitely my least favorite people in how they treat foreigners.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by macacoalbino »

See, it's not just me who's saying it. And I meant national pride is stupid when it affects the way you treat people from different nationalities, just for pure arrogance. I don't mind people being proud of their culture (just to make that clear)

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by zoom »

diarouga wrote:I hate most of aoe3 players, osteoblaste, kingreglin. In the french community we have many idiots.
MIND = BLOWN
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by zoom »

incog wrote:french people aren''t very good online, sometimes

irl they''re much better, dw

even i''m rude sometimes as well though
Pistol whip you dick!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by zoom »

benj89 wrote:you come to our country, you speak our language, simple.
I come to the US, I don''t expect US people to speak french, so I learn english. you come, you adapt. if you don''t get it, don''t come back :)
This is very poor logic, considering the actual reality of modern international tourism and global language skills.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by zoom »

Oh, and the real dicks are the people who steal your treasures and say "sorry"...
France benj89
Howdah

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by benj89 »

there are reasons for that, it's not the french guy in it's DNA that is an anti tourists, and you guy seems to ignore those reasons.
The amount of tourists in certain area which can be annoying, the problems with immigration since 40 years, what I already explained, how tourism has an impact on economy and other stuff.
As far as I'm concerned, I found english people the less tolerant with tourists in general, Jerom tell me where did you go in france?
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by macacoalbino »

yeah I didn't mean that all French people are like this, by all means, maybe it souded like this. I'm just questioning the logic of those who think: "my territory, my language", like you suggested.

France benj89
Howdah

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by benj89 »

zoom wrote:
benj89 wrote:you come to our country, you speak our language, simple.
I come to the US, I dont expect US people to speak french, so I learn english. you come, you adapt. if you dont get it, dont come back :)
This is very poor logic, considering the actual reality of modern international tourism and global language skills.
dont worry for us, even with our very poor logic we remain the most visited country since years. if your country need perfect english in order to attract tourists, thats none of french people business.
Oh, and I was exaggerating to make a point, thats how I do I when i try to explain stuff in america usually
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by Mimsy for President »

80% of french people don't speak english. What did you guys expect ? [spoiler]{Spoiler}
Schweppes[/spoiler]
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by momuuu »

benj89 wrote:there are reasons for that, it''s not the french guy in it''s DNA that is an anti tourists, and you guy seems to ignore those reasons.
The amount of tourists in certain area which can be annoying, the problems with immigration since 40 years, what I already explained, how tourism has an impact on economy and other stuff.
As far as I''m concerned, I found english people the less tolerant with tourists in general, Jerom tell me where did you go in france?
Corsica, near Marseille, near Nice, Narbonne, Grenoble and Paris, and some other places on the cote d''azur. I go to France almost every year, the weather is nice :3

I must admit I''ve never been to the UK or the USA though.
France benj89
Howdah

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by benj89 »

I've been 3 times to the UK, first time I went there I had 2 fights in 6 days. I could have generalized like americans saying god damn fuck those english people, then I realized the city had an incredible touristic boom in the last 2 years and native people couldn't stand it anymore, so they reacted against it at their own scale.
That is to say, most american people go to those same touristic destination (which are actually very poor in term of % french people in the summer), and generalize abt it.
I loved biarritz, Royan, La rochelle, Deauville (from south to north on the west coast), and trust be those would be way more representative of french people than the city you mentioned in south (the weather would be a bit different tho). But france as plenty of beautiful countries which aren't that touristic, Ardeche and Alsace, Provence to name a few
Corsica is apart, even tho it's beautiful they are even rude with what they call "continentals" in general. Again, check their history, understand the people, don't be that close minded american tourist, and your traveling experience will be much better anywhere you go
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by momuuu »

That's the funny thing. Out of all french people I have met, those from Corsica were the nicest.. even though I also heard they were the worst.

Also, I know french people aren't bad or anything. It's just a cultural thing.
France benj89
Howdah

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by benj89 »

It's like everywhere. Go to Japan, don't learn their customs, there is 99% you will HATE your experience there (unless you stay in hilton tokyo..), because if you are a tourist and don't care about the country and the people you are visiting, don't expect them to treat you in a nice way. most american tourists don't understand that while it's common sense.
I also didn't really felt it in Corsica, and most likely the tourists they won't like will be the one from africa (what happenned with the Pied Noir is one of the reasons), not the one from netherland :).
But like everywhere, respect and understanding should be number 1 rule when you travel
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by zoom »

benj89 wrote:there are reasons for that, it''s not the french guy in it''s DNA that is an anti tourists, and you guy seems to ignore those reasons.
As far as I''m concerned, I found english people the less tolerant with tourists in general, Jerom tell me where did you go in france?
I''m not discussing nationalities and their respective differences' I''m merely pointing out a glaring flaw in your logic considering how unrealistic it is to expect all tourists to learn the language of all locations they visit given the nature of today''s international tourism, as opposed to expecting all people with fundamental primary education to speak very basic English. If they can but choose not to (for "cultural" or other reasons"), those individuals are just being massive dicks.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by zoom »

benj89 wrote:I''ve been 3 times to the UK, first time I went there I had 2 fights in 6 days. I could have generalized like americans saying god damn fuck those english people, then I realized the city had an incredible touristic boom in the last 2 years and native people couldn''t stand it anymore, so they reacted against it at their own scale.
That is to say, most american people go to those same touristic destination (which are actually very poor in term of % french people in the summer), and generalize abt it.
I loved biarritz, Royan, La rochelle, Deauville (from south to north on the west coast), and trust be those would be way more representative of french people than the city you mentioned in south (the weather would be a bit different tho). But france as plenty of beautiful countries which aren''t that touristic, Ardeche and Alsace, Provence to name a few
Corsica is apart, even tho it''s beautiful they are even rude with what they call "continentals" in general. Again, check their history, understand the people, don''t be that close minded american tourist, and your traveling experience will be much better anywhere you go
Ah Ben. You so fight, don''t even know it.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by macacoalbino »

zoom wrote:
benj89 wrote:there are reasons for that, its not the french guy in its DNA that is an anti tourists, and you guy seems to ignore those reasons.
As far as Im concerned, I found english people the less tolerant with tourists in general, Jerom tell me where did you go in france?
Im not discussing nationalities and their respective differences' Im merely pointing out a glaring flaw in your logic considering how unrealistic it is to expect all tourists to learn the language of all locations they visit given the nature of todays international tourism, as opposed to expecting all people with fundamental primary education to speak very basic English. If they can but choose not to (for "cultural" or other reasons"), those individuals are just being massive dicks.
Exactly, I think that ends this discussion

France benj89
Howdah

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by benj89 »

you and this guy just did selective reading in what I wrote, it only ends my participation in this discussion :)
as a final note: you and this guy explains why cultural intelligence is being taught and has been discovered and companies are paying thousands of dollars to teach this to there employees. It's linked to motivation but also capacity (which is obviously not given to everyone *you both*), and its also for a reason American are considered as the most "hated tourists" in the world
No Flag bugattivitesse
Skirmisher

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by bugattivitesse »

AOE does have a pretty good community. The best community i ever experienced in a game was in Forge of Empires. You actually got to get to know players there. I used to play that all the time. I dropped it because it got repetitive though, and was becoming more than a game to play for fun.
France iNcog
Ninja

Friendly AoE3 people

Post by iNcog »

aha so there was this dutch guy on the road (i'm in britanny which is a big tourist attraction for dutch people) and he was going at 70 kmh and i'm really chill and tolerant tbh i just roll behind him even though people who drive at that speed are generally dumbasses or old people (who are dumb). i saw two german cars as well do the same shit of going at 70 when those roads are legally 90 and practically 100

see i'm very respectful to tourists

no flammen!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.