Can I haz coaching before the tourney?

General Discussion about the Second Chance event
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Re: Can I haz coaching before the tourney?

Post by yemshi »

I watched your stream.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

yemshi wrote:I watched your stream.

ye? your point? I had 40v at end, 5 v less than port as fuking germans so pre decent macro, considering I didn't make vills constantly
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Pre decent macro of a major, surely.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

yemshi wrote:Pre decent macro of a major, surely.

so your saying you wouldhave more than 40v at 13min? give or take 10, Ik for fact you wouldn't have more than 50v :)
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Yeah who cares about vills. They are basically useless once inbase mine runs out.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

yemshi wrote:Yeah who cares about vills. They are basically useless once inbase mine runs out.

i think if forgrin, raided/controlled mines, and perhaps mixed 10 spies to deal with mercs, he would have better chances :P
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Yeah Forgrin's mistakes are the reason I suck at this game as well.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

forgrin wrote:Another rec from tonight: musket gets me with his merc shenanigans again. Haelp please? (I play Ports in this one, albeit poorly).

- in age 1 : you should have taken that 60w and basically have free market + hunt dogs (only 25g to gather). Would also have prevented idle time (you had like 10+ seconds idle time because house came in too late). But nothing too nasty, was decent age 1. The scouting pattern was good.

- in transition : you need to be much more aggressive with atp. sir musket could (and should) have taken 2 tps since he saw atp and you didn't get tps really fast. And then you'd have 2 tps, he'd have 2 tps as well, so you can't really stagecoach. And you sent a card for only 160w discount, so you're really slowed down pretty hard. I'd have liked you to go with your explo to the furthest left tp, and use your herding vil to claim the fursthest right one. That way you're 100% sure to claim 3 tps. No bad surprises. Would also have your tps earlier which ofc is better.

- in age 2 : I don't really like that tc placement. You can afford to place the 2nd tc right in the middle of the map I think. It gives you control of the 5k gold mine (very annoying for the ger merc player), control of the choke, and control of the only tp you didn't have (easier to kill this tp since you got your tc closer). Would even help defend your middle tp.
I don't like the bow start either. Why not musks vs cav + pike ? You can mix bows slightly later on if he goes heavy on renegados or sth. But in the end it was fine because sir musket wasted his army (and didn't make renegados for some reason), so not a big issue. I don't think you needed 8 bows btw, just get 2 buildings (rax + stable) and get more mass out (the pikes from saloon are not super good so you can still make some huss to snare them and be fine).
Spice trade ? I don't think that's a good idea. For one thing, it's really slow (and you don't want to be slow vs ger), and for another you don't need a better eco vs ger. You already have the better eco, what you need is mass and mapcontrol. Spice trade doesn't really give you that. Also you got steel traps way too late.

- in age 3 : well that tc wagon... rip. Should send army first to make sure the spot is safe, if you see his highlanders you can still go back and place tc on top of the map. After that, shouldn't fight the highlander before you get your first shipment, it's just not needed. Don't forget that as port (even with 2 tcs) you're not the one who wants to force fights, but the one who needs to hold the pushes. You needed to grab some food soon enough indeed, but not instantly, so wasting your army before 5 goons come is bad. Could have waited a bit more. Especially since you had 1000+ food banked at that point, which is a bit sad btw.
A bit later on, during that fight under your 2nd tc, you again have way too many resources banked. Not sure about 1000g and 100w btw, seems a bit greedy. I think you needed 8 cass here. A bit of a mismicro as well, you need to kite perfectly against uhlan + highlander, otherwise you get rekt. But you need like only 4 goons to one shoot a uhlan so you should be fine here, can also use 12 mm to block a bit.

Not much to say after that, you can't really win with only 2 tcs once you lost your army and ger guy has OP mercs. Quick summary : if you commit to atp, make sure you do it properly. You could have had 3 tps (if not 4) with stagecoach early on. Instead you had 2 tps without stagecoach most of the game. Care about your tc placement, play it safe. Better delay the tc, even by 1-2 vils (I sometimes keep my tc wagon in base until I have goons out to defend it, for example) than risk losing it like that. Try to focus a bit more on micro/macro, especially micro against mercs, you can't afford to just stay in range of highlanders.

Hope this helps
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

britishmusketeer wrote:So your age 1 was fine, early age 2 he was sieging your tp and you had a tc with 5 vills near by. Garrisoning to kill pirates is very effective since they are expensive and have hand resist.

A good player would put the pirates that get shot in cover mode though, so tc fire isn't effective anymore. Also I think the tp could have been sieged while being out of tc range. tc was misplaced anyway
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

One last thing, specifically when you verse mercs, you want to raid a lot on gold mines as sir musket said. Especially since he's massing highlanders, he's not mobile, so just 3 huss could really kill a lot of vils. He does have some free uhlans to defend but you can also send like 5 goons or sth. Don't forget to raid either way. Don't think you should make spies, they're not super good, especially since they're melee infantry which kinda sucks vs highlanders, and he can also use free uhlans to shield highlanders from spies. Just good kiting with cassadores should be enough, despite their insane stats highlanders are still musks and musks suck in fortress. You can even get the CIR arsenal upgrade to kill those highlanders more easily. Just care for the 8 hackapells timing because they're very strong and you'll need a fair amount of goons to cover your cass.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

sirmusket wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:
forgrin wrote:Another rec from tonight: musket gets me with his merc shenanigans again. Haelp please? (I play Ports in this one, albeit poorly).

So your age 1 was fine, early age 2 he was sieging your tp and you had a tc with 5 vills near by. Garrisoning to kill pirates is very effective since they are expensive and have hand resist. Killing uhlans with tc fire is also effective due to their low hp. It would also slow the process of him killing your tps. You then make crossbows which are kind of bad units in general and musks beat both his pirates and his uhlans so I would prefer to make musks in that situation especially since you shipped 700g first. Your vill production is also not perfect. He is running round killing your atps, so there isn't really any reason not to have constant vill production. You then ship spice trade. I would say that as a general rule this is not a good shipment. You have like 13 vills on food, so it works out to be around 2.6 vills which is not something you want to be sending at 9 mins. Since you are ageing to fortress that will take around 10 mins to pay off which is obviously bad considering he is germany and likely to push with a lot of stuff in early fortress. You get steel traps at 10 mins which is really late. It is such a good upgrade that you almost always want to get it as soon as you age to colonial. (consider spice trade is a shipment worth 700 res that does the same thing as steel traps which is 250 res). He then shows you highlanders with 75 attack (i.e. he sent the merc card), so you should be focusing on getting lots of cass asap. You ship 1kc but don't have the production to spend that so that should have been 8 cass. You then ship 1kw. Shipping 1 res shipment early fort is greedy. Shipping 2 vs germans is not something you are going to get away with. Also if you are going to ship both, you should have send wood first since then you can afford the production to spend the 1kc. You then waste all your goons meaning he can get to your cass with his uhlans and the game is over. I would say that if you skipped spice trade and sent 8 cass 7 cass 5 goon 2 organ chopping the wood for houses, you would have won for sure.

The tc fire wasn't in range of pirates, fyi, no.2) i seriously doubt if he had 2 organ guns in that fight, and few extra cass, it wouldn't do **** vs 30 Highlanders im certain that it takes like only 10 highlanders to kill organ in one shot so basically id kill both b4 they get anything out, i also had 17 uhlans at end, so cass useless. To be honest i doubt he would " win for sure" as he made too many errors losing basically 50% of his army by not watching his units, and letting me to get to that point anyway. Also one more thing to point out, he didnt raid once in game :P.

17 ep uhlans aren't going to do anything vs 20 goons. With good micro the highlanders are useless since he can keep kiting you with cass. Problem was the shipment choice, micro, macro and wasting units.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

> make doppels age 1
> ???
> profit
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

britishmusketeer wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

The tc fire wasn't in range of pirates, fyi, no.2) i seriously doubt if he had 2 organ guns in that fight, and few extra cass, it wouldn't do **** vs 30 Highlanders im certain that it takes like only 10 highlanders to kill organ in one shot so basically id kill both b4 they get anything out, i also had 17 uhlans at end, so cass useless. To be honest i doubt he would " win for sure" as he made too many errors losing basically 50% of his army by not watching his units, and letting me to get to that point anyway. Also one more thing to point out, he didnt raid once in game :P.

17 ep uhlans aren't going to do anything vs 20 goons. With good micro the highlanders are useless since he can keep kiting you with cass. Problem was the shipment choice, micro, macro and wasting units.

rofl, you do realize once i get close enough to cass, its gg, literally 2 vollys will kill 10+ cass, and uhlans to snare, if goons get too close, same deal, the matter of fact is, he tried to kite, and got kind of rekt, cause highlanders just catch up to cass eventually, and then its over. Mams/Organ are useless aswell, besides you cannot just say if his shipment choice was better he would win, so your saying 28 highlanders, which were still alive would all be dead, 500hp, 0.20 rr, OP/Lame highlanders, yeah lets rethink that :)
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

Kaiserklein wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:So your age 1 was fine, early age 2 he was sieging your tp and you had a tc with 5 vills near by. Garrisoning to kill pirates is very effective since they are expensive and have hand resist.

A good player would put the pirates that get shot in cover mode though, so tc fire isn't effective anymore. Also I think the tp could have been sieged while being out of tc range. tc was misplaced anyway

yup, and I was doing exactly that when tp was firing at pirates
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

Kaiserklein wrote:One last thing, specifically when you verse mercs, you want to raid a lot on gold mines as sir musket said. Especially since he's massing highlanders, he's not mobile, so just 3 huss could really kill a lot of vils. He does have some free uhlans to defend but you can also send like 5 goons or sth. Don't forget to raid either way. Don't think you should make spies, they're not super good, especially since they're melee infantry which kinda sucks vs highlanders, and he can also use free uhlans to shield highlanders from spies. Just good kiting with cassadores should be enough, despite their insane stats highlanders are still musks and musks suck in fortress. You can even get the CIR arsenal upgrade to kill those highlanders more easily. Just care for the 8 hackapells timing because they're very strong and you'll need a fair amount of goons to cover your cass.

Exactly, its not the shipment choice/or lake of units, trust me, britishmusketeer, 15 goons, hey im going to be generous, + 20 goons wouldnt change fight, Highlanders literally eat them, basically 4 each volly, if your not going to raid, or at least try raid, whats point? at end i was gathering at his coin mine/ or was heading to, because I'd finished all on map.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Highlanders should never get close to cassadores though. Cassadores move a bit faster and have much more range, so if you micro properly you should be able to kite them literally forever. And goons should deal with unupgraded uhlans quite easily.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

Kaiserklein wrote:Highlanders should never get close to cassadores though. Cassadores move a bit faster and have much more range, so if you micro properly you should be able to kite them literally forever. And goons should deal with unupgraded uhlans quite easily.

yes, I agree, but one bad slip, and your fucked, and that's exactly what happened, when his cass practically walked into my highlanders, also he lost 3rd tc wagon
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

I kinda agree a little with musket here, if you noted my hunt position in the game I was kinda forced to have to push anyways even if I didn't lose that fight. Ofc cass >> highlanders in TTM-scenario but the trade is better for mercs when you have to push into them.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

forgrin wrote:I kinda agree a little with musket here, if you noted my hunt position in the game I was kinda forced to have to push anyways even if I didn't lose that fight. Ofc cass >> highlanders in TTM-scenario but the trade is better for mercs when you have to push into them.

ye and basically I didn't need to make units last 5 min so could have clicked up to 4
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

forgrin wrote:I kinda agree a little with musket here, if you noted my hunt position in the game I was kinda forced to have to push anyways even if I didn't lose that fight. Ofc cass >> highlanders in TTM-scenario but the trade is better for mercs when you have to push into them.

For one thing you shouldn't have lost tc wagon, which means you would have had more hunts available. For another, you don't push into highlanders, you just use your extra range to poke in and get some free kills, and force germany back. After all mercs are expansive so he can't really afford to give you free kills. It's just a combination of little mistakes that makes you end up losing this game, and trust me it shouldn't happen. Ports just beat germany on this patch, and mercs are not a viable strat (especially when you get musks vs a skirm/goon civ, even though those musks are actually really strong ofc). Only the 8 hackapells + highlanders timing can be really scary because those units work well together and hackapells are really strong, but before that it should be held np. But then again micro is a big part of this, and if you mismicro you can't really hope to win vs musks on steroids.
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

I'm flattered that SirMusket has a quote from me attached to his name xD
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

yemshi wrote:What vills are there to kill if you skip production though?

He ports. He has 300vills even if he skips
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

You could watch my India vs kaiser game, I did lose but that was due to a micro slip up
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

why is hazza so lovely?
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

sirmusket wrote:yes, I agree, but one bad slip, and your fucked, and that's exactly what happened, when his cass practically walked into my highlanders, also he lost 3rd tc wagon

That's my point. I am talking about if played correctly without 'bad slips'.