IrishFaithful vs Knuschelbär

No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Re: IrishFaithful vs Knuschelbär

Post by musketjr »

so to the real question of why this dumb clown was allowed to participate in the first place.

any justifications, mod-squad?
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Post by musketjr »

the thing about zoi is he is actually pretty smart. what follows is a greater appreciation for the meaning specific words convey. for the unaware, English has over a million words, so there's a lot to choose from, and a lot of good, contextually appropriate (rare) words. I come across them all the time in fact. although I agree as a question of style it's preferable to keep things simple. I like to keep the Einstein maxim in mind, that you should be able to explain what you know to a 5 year old.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

5/7 thread, not enough scheduling. For the discussion about Zoom and his language, I want to refer to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=8353

Going to delete all off-topics posts after this post.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Irish if you win we can discuss a double header in the next week. (RO8 + Semi) You can catch up then.

For now this thread is settled and 19 GMT Saturday it is.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

ESO down :( We are going to wait a few minutes, might go back up pretty soon again.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

lesllamas wrote:
zoom wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Actually, that map defines the time-zones adapted by the respective sovereign territories. The time-zones themselves are defined in the manner I described. I absolutely see what I think you mean though; that map shows the political time-zones, which is the sense in which the word is commonly used. Given the context, I should have focused more on it.

No, because time zones are an inherently human construct. To say that they're segmented into 24 even slices is just as ignorant as was suggested. 24 is an arbitrary number selected by humans. It could just as easily be 48, or 12. So you're trying to remove the human political choice from the definition of time zones to make your statement true, but the very nature of establishing time zones is a political and human intervention.
Yes, because time-zones are a geographically defined inherently human construct. The number of zones is more arbitrary; the proportions less so. Considering my concerted effort to in fact distinguish and emphasize the political aspect as juxtaposed with the geographical it's comparably ironic and unfortunate that you understood the opposite. I'm admittedly terrible at communicating.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

zoom wrote:
lesllamas wrote:
Show hidden quotes

No, because time zones are an inherently human construct. To say that they're segmented into 24 even slices is just as ignorant as was suggested. 24 is an arbitrary number selected by humans. It could just as easily be 48, or 12. So you're trying to remove the human political choice from the definition of time zones to make your statement true, but the very nature of establishing time zones is a political and human intervention.
Yes, because time-zones are a geographically defined inherently human construct. The number of zones is more arbitrary; the proportions less so. Considering my concerted effort to in fact distinguish and emphasize the political aspect as juxtaposed with the geographical it's comparably ironic and unfortunate that you understood the opposite. I'm admittedly terrible at communicating.
badmala