Info - Group and Bracket Stages

You can find everything here you need regarding the tournament (dates, staff, prize pot, etc...)
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Note: Players will be seeded according to their 1v1 elo as determined by http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/.

SIGN-UPS END FEBRUARY 26.

Group Stages (130 players)

Friday February 27, 2015 until Sunday March 8, 2015

The tournament will begin with the division of the 130 accepted applicants into 26 groups that will consist of 5 players apiece. Each player will face the other members of their group once in a round robin format. This means that each player will play 4 games at this stage. Players will get 3 points for a win and 1 point for a loss. The top two seeds of each of the 26 groups, along with 12 "wildcard" picks, will advance to the bracket stage whereby 64 players will be left standing.

Bracket Stage I: Round of 64 - [Best-of-3] (64 players)

Monday March 9, 2015 until Sunday March 15, 2015

These 64 competitors will then form a single elimination bracket. This stage will consist of a best-of-3 64-player round. 32 players will advance to the next bracket stage.

Bracket Stage I: Round of 32 - [Best-of-5] (32 players)

Monday March 16, 2015 until Sunday March 22, 2015

These 32 competitors will then form a single elimination bracket. This stage will consist of a best-of-3 32-player round. 16 players will advance to the next bracket stage.

Bracket Stage II: Round of 16 - [Best-of-5] (16 players)

Monday March 23, 2015 until Sunday March 29, 2015

This stage includes 8 pairs of players in a best-of-5 series. The remaining 8 players will advance to the Quarter Finals.

Quarter Finals: [Best-of-7] (8 players)

Friday April 3, Saturday April 4 or Sunday April 5, 2015

The Quarter-Finals will consist of 4 best-of-7 single elimination quarter-final matches between the 4 remaining pairs of players (8).
4 players will advance.

Semi-Finals: [Best-of-9] (4 players)

Friday April 10, Saturday April 11 or Sunday April 12, 2015

There wil be 2 Semi-Finals matches, these will be a best-of-9 series. The 2 outstanding players will advance to the final stage. The two players seeded out this stage, will proceed in the 3rd place bracket.

Consolation Finals: [Best-of-9] (2 players)

Friday April 17, Saturday April 18 or Sunday April 19, 2015

This match-up will be the match for the 3rd place. The rules of the Semi-Finals apply here.

Finals: [Best-of-9] (2 players)

Friday April 17, Saturday April 18 or Sunday April 19, 2015

The final stage will consist of a best-of-9 series between the 2 remaining players.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

This was legacy text that was already sized to the number of signups. There are also typos in there. I think based on the number of signups this structure may be subject to change.

It should read 160 - Groups of 5 - Top 2 - 64 ->' RO64.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I am not playing. I am going to be helping out a bit with the tournament and doing some casting.
France ramex12
Skirmisher

Post by ramex12 »

PeOPleOfThESuN wrote:[div][/div]Am I the only one who has noticed the mistake in the description of the group/bracket stages?

The group stage states that there will be 130 players divided into 26 groups (each group having 5 players). It then states that the top two seeds of each of the [u style="font-weight:bold'"]16[/u][span style="font-weight:bold'"] [/span]groups will advance to the bracket stage whereby 32 players will be left standing.... However the first bracket stage is stated to have 64 players, not 32. Assuming that the 16 is a typo and is meant to read 26 it still does not make sense. As this will result in 52 players advancing to the first bracket stage, not 64...

Feel free to correct me if i''m wrong, but this has confused me some what
It will be indeed 26 groups not 16, resulting in 52 players advancing, in which you add the 12 players mentioned ""wildcard" picks", which makes 64 players for the first bracket stage.
No Flag spadel
Skirmisher

Post by spadel »

hey when will the brackets be released? tournament starts in 3 days and I should know who I play against if I want a proper scheduling mh? ')
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Sign-ups end on february 26. It will be highly unlikely that you will get to see the brackets before everybody has signed up. ')
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

So who's choosing the "wildcards" then ? Are there some kind of rules regarding who gets picked ?

I ask because that began the start of the BS in the pk tourny when some dodgy choices were made. I think spadel you were affected by this, not picked initially despite playing some games then put in the bracket at the last moment which kinda ruined the seeding :o
No Flag spadel
Skirmisher

Post by spadel »

Yes I was and, although it was definitely also my fault, I don't want this to happen again..it was a result of bad scheduling and therefore I estimate the brackets being published on Friday or Thursday night to be quite late. It would be a lot easier to schedule if the sign-ups would end sooner. But I guess you can't change that now.
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07
ESO: crjensen4

Post by crjensen4 »

Great initiative!! Looking forward to it.

A bit a shame that all the top players are in the same groups - but hey that will give us some interesting games to watch right from the start.
Downside is potentially that only these games will be casted - and though most interesting to watch - it would be fun to watch some lower ranked players - and get some commentary on those = learn some more for us lower ranked :)

Anywho great initiative..

I dont see the link to donate..
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

crjensen4 wrote:Great initiative!! Looking forward to it.

A bit a shame that all the top players are in the same groups - but hey that will give us some interesting games to watch right from the start.
Downside is potentially that only these games will be casted - and though most interesting to watch - it would be fun to watch some lower ranked players - and get some commentary on those = learn some more for us lower ranked :)

Anywho great initiative..

I dont see the link to donate..
Since players are seeded by their 1v1 ELO, the ''best'' 30 players are in 30 different groups (if I''m correct, lol). I wonder who else you think is a top player. Of course it comes a bit down to opinion. :P

You could ask maybe Interjection to cast a lower level game, he has done that kind of commentary before, and it might be something for his YouTube also. But I have not spoken to him in some time, we shall see what he wants to do.

About the donation, I make sure you hear from us...')
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07
ESO: crjensen4

Post by crjensen4 »

I see I was a bit too fast here :) The groups have now changed :)

Looking forward to it!!
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

There we go!

Gl to all participants and looking forward to seeing and casting good games (:
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Is it reseeded after every round or where do we go from the group stage?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

It will be reseeded.
No Flag spadel
Skirmisher

Post by spadel »

admin wrote:It will be reseeded.

Based on which criteria?

edit: sorry I quoted the wrong post, was referring to Stanley_Winston''s post.

EDIT by Edeholland: inserted the right quote.