can anyone give me some feedback.

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

can anyone give me some feedback.

Post by Shikari »

french(me) vs germany on texas lol RE patch. i don't think without those outposts firing I could have hold those german push.
Attachments
[RE SP] rahuru[FR] vs asame314[GE] - Texas.age3yrec
(634.62 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Texas
Texas
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 45 minutes
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: can anyone give me some feedback.

Post by Gendarme »

You could see that the German player didn't build a trading post, so you should prepare for him playing aggressively in Colonial Age. If he happens to go to Fortress Age anyway, it's not a problem because his Fortress will be extremely weak without a trading post. You even scouted his forward outpost, so it was clear that he was going aggressive, but you still opted for maximum greed by going for a late stagecoach. However, you got away with it, so at that point the game was already over (if this were a 1st Lieutenant+ game). He pushed in with like 8 crossbowmen and a bunch of uhlans, and you had like 10-15 musketeers. You shouldn't be afraid of a few crossbowmen walking into your base. There is no need for you to try to poke them with your musketeers. Let them walk around and do nothing while they take fire from the town center; you need your musketeers alive against his uhlans. In this case his push was way too weak anyway with only 8 crossbowmen that it didn't really matter.

You aged up to Fortress Age with a massive advantage. However, in Fortress Age you both took turns just suiciding your armies against the opponent. This just continued until you won the game. If you watch the recorded game yourself you will see how many military units died that game without achieving anything.
Pay more attention to detail.
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

I wasnt expecting 4 falcs who does. And lol i resigned but i could have won i think had more eco and military
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Well, you see. I couldn't even tell who won the fucking game cause all you guys did was to delete units.
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

Did i also sucided my military apart from those musks?
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

Hmm anyways thanks gendarme i thought you were going to say macro because at times i had shit tonne of food piled up. But i guess this also. Man microing is tough.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

For a Master Sergeant, your micro and macro is good.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

Your explorer is too long idle in age 1, you only used him to build the tp + crackshot easy treasures. You could have taken most of the cows and treasures if you focus more on treasure creeping + scouting. When you finally decided to scout you sent 2 musks, but they scouted nothing, you didn't know about his forward stable and units.
The minutemen call + xbow + huss shipment was quite unnecessary, you could have held this easily without shipping them (or you can just queque/cancel the xbow, lure the other player in and send mm, upgrade the cdb). Then you didn't scout again and literally deleted your complete musk/goon army.

From then on it was just chaos. Your unit composition is often a big problem, eg. you can't make full skirm/a few cuirs, when you see that your opponent has already ~20+ uhlan. If he sends a cav shipment + double stable then he'll clean up your army effortlessly. Random batches of units also hardly do any dmg on this small map. Don't overcommit,just start siegeing sth, if you don't know how many units he has, then you can always fall back if necessary.

Deck: maybe replace teaminf+spyupgrade+4goons (760 res) in 1v1, 1k coin/refrigeration/royal mint/2 cannon is certainly better.

If you fix a few things then you win next game, your macro should be good enough for a higher rank ;)
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

This is the deck I use in every matchup:

You can replace 7 skirmishers for Team Ranged Infantry Attack too, but all other cards are pretty important I think.

Edit: Actually, I can't remember the last time I sent 700 food. I should probably replace it.

Edit 2: I replaced it with Long-range Infantry Hitpoints:

Edit 3: Upon further reflection I have concluded that 7 skirmishers is unnecessary. Team Ranged Infantry Attack is probably better. The deck now has two skirmisher upgrades in Colonial Age and one in Fortress Age:

India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

Lol i kept spies only because one time a german player demolished my entire army with just mercs. Atleast it can make some german player discourage from using mercs by seeing the card.
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

And don't you guys think that land grab is an ok card on re maps?
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Well if you want spies you can still build a church and train them
And no Land grab is basically never worth it
I only use it in team games on Texas
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

@Gendarme 7 skirm is necessary imo, because often skirm/goon wars are all about skirm count.

@Pikilic Nice signature :)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

700f for emergency is good also
and 7 skirms is definitely worth it
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

7 skirms isn't great (805 res) but good to re-mass

Landgrab is ok for Texas, Mercenary troll (viewtopic.php?f=29&t=15035) or other bad resources maps like Settlermassacre (must have card), LOST 5.1 goldless, idk what else. Otherwise don't have it in your deck.