more feedback needed i tried std build kinda

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

more feedback needed i tried std build kinda

Post by Shikari »

also some micro tips how to protect your skirms from cav(especially such strong cav as spahi) when they just jam them in. i mean ill end up taking out their cav but he will just take out my skirm mass.
Attachments
[RE SP] rahuru[DU] vs 冷锋[OT] - Great Lakes.age3yrec
(532.27 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Great Lakes
Great Lakes
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 33 minutes
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Re: more feedback needed i tried std build kinda

Post by supahons »

It was a gg, i think you just need some more practice, then you win this easily. It was a lot better than your previous recorded games. I mostly play against <=Captain, so i think i can give you a few more tips.

Unfortunately you didn't scout his forward rax, this happens sometimes and then you overreacted a bit => result: lots of idle time, i don't think you need to send the cm this early eg you can cancel the card or just have it in queue when you really need it. Choose 1 military building and build a 4th bank instead.
Cancel ~2 Huss if you see the 10 Jani, you didn't have resources to send mm, then make more skirm and send pikes if needed and try to find his base. You didn't herd your 2 hunts under your tc, one was outside your wall later. (herd immediately when you age up, especially against agressive civs)
His 6 minutemen gave him too much value - just shoot them with vills or your skirm quickly. If he plays *safe and idles you enough and finishes the tps around the map then you lose.

Avoid the weak shipments if you don't really need them. The 7 skirm shipment at this point was not necessary imo, he escaped with 4 Jani and he still was age2 for a very long time, so you could have send 1000w eg (if he masses again he is stuck in age2, he didn't build 5 tps for eco). and then you could have build the 2 tps and a tc at this time.
The 7 ruyter (735 res) + 4 huss shipment (800 res) is quite bad at this point (better send skirm or cav combat if you have a decent mass)

You overcommited and ran twice with your ruyters in the Jani mass, just siege his houses near the mosque and the tc. If he just idles his army you are fine at this point (no watereco, you have half of the map, a good army, more score = force him to to something). Your fighting position was just bad nothing else, maybe change the unit stance to spread your skirms out. Then target the Spahi first if he wants to attack your skirm. If you have more practice you can control your skirm/goon mass better and avoid bad positioning.
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

supahons wrote:It was a gg, i think you just need some more practice, then you win this easily. It was a lot better than your previous recorded games. I mostly play against <=Captain, so i think i can give you a few more tips.

Unfortunately you didn't scout his forward rax, this happens sometimes and then you overreacted a bit => result: lots of idle time, i don't think you need to send the cm this early eg you can cancel the card or just have it in queue when you really need it. Choose 1 military building and build a 4th bank instead.
Cancel ~2 Huss if you see the 10 Jani, you didn't have resources to send mm, then make more skirm and send pikes if needed and try to find his base. You didn't herd your 2 hunts under your tc, one was outside your wall later. (herd immediately when you age up, especially against agressive civs)
His 6 minutemen gave him too much value - just shoot them with vills or your skirm quickly. If he plays save and idles you enough and finishes the tps around the map then you lose.

Avoid the weak shipments if you don't really need them. The 7 skirm shipment at this point was not necessary imo, he escaped with 4 Jani and he still was age2 for a very long time, so you could have send 1000w eg (if he masses again he is stuck in age2, he didn't build 5 tps for eco). and then you could have build the 2 tps and a tc at this time.
The 7 ruyter (735 res) + 4 huss shipment (800 res) is quite bad at this point (better send skirm or cav combat if you have a decent mass)

You overcommited and ran twice with your ruyters in the Jani mass, just siege his houses near the mosque and the tc. If he just idles his army you are fine at this point (no watereco, you have half of the map, a good army, more score = force him to to something). Your fighting position was just bad nothing else, maybe change the unit stance to spread your skirms out. Then target the Spahi first if he wants to attack your skirm. If you have more practice you can control your skirm/goon mass better and avoid bad positioning.

Thanks for the feedback. I won because the guy lost his internet connection. But i think i would have won either way from the position i was in. But as you said i have played against player who play it safe and continuously poke making me go insane take stage coach and just win. What to do in that situation. And also i think rush jan rush isn't as effective against dutch because of skirms but what do i do against falc ff as dutch? I have also lost to that.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

Hope that your opponent isn't too good and has a bad falc micro. Otto + tp map can be really annoying. If you don't pay attention they just troll you and revolt. Perhaps try to play water on this map and send 2 Caravels or 1 Frigate at the right moment.
A more experienced player will always adapt the strategy. Some people just play one civ, only play a certain op strategy and then you're at a disadvantage. If you want to train Janissary rushes play on nilla <1st lt.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yea, you should definitely use the sea on GL if it's not frozen. Like the frigate is probably enough to kill the falcs, it's also great if you have to escape from cav.