Mahouts aren't bad after all

India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Mahouts aren't bad after all

Post by _RDX_ »

Disclaimer: If you have any kind of personal hate to noobs, you can just ignore this post
Hey there!
I had a game with a guy, me(india), he(otto). Well this MU is kinda hard for india to win as you all know, it's like 30-70. But i did put my best into it. Fortunately, this guy was noober than i was.... so i was able to win. Well, this post is not to show off that i won (for which no one will care). This is for showing how mahouts are really good when dealing with skirm type units. Why i'm saying this is people don't recognize its potential. They are tanky, have good siege damage and they do take up too much of pop but i think it's a pay off, also there is a card to reduce their pop. They're good vs longbows/yumis(because diarouga said it and i edited it) but vs skirm types, i think throwing some sepoys and gurks with it is really good. The monks and surgeons can do the healing job which can save a lot of your res. Idk why but i like mahouts more than cuirassiers and other heavy cav types, maybe its because of the fact that india doesn't have a good heavy cav in age 2. I'm glad if you're watching this rec, skip it till 20-25 mins and after that you can see me playing with mahouts. Thank you for your time and embrace the bullshit.
Attachments
[RE SP] _RDX_[IN] vs TheGoodBadUgly1[OT] - Borneo.age3yrec
(549.81 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Borneo
Borneo
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 40 minutes
oranges.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Mahouts aren't bad after all

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

They're actually great vs longbowmen lol, because lb can't hit and run.

Stat-wise, mahouts are really good. The issue is that the unit a slow and you can't really mass it. Thus, you'll lose all your mahouts before they can reach the melee most of the time against a skirm/goon composition. This is only relevant at high level though.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I did a bit testing with them with spadel. Feels like they don't snare properly/bug. Sometimes they do that after-hit animation which takes like 2 seconds and they stop moving after. Something is just wrong with em.

This is also why they ok vs lbs. Because they dont move and mahouts dont act retarded. But when being kited, they are just useless lol.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Yeah they bug alot for some reason
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Pretty sure you need to z move them at last second before they gonna reach infantry. Otherwise they try to attack a unit that might just change its position in the group a few seconds later and the mahout goes crazy trying to attack it.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

India has so many good units I dont think it's wise to invest in mahouts, imagine sepoys or zambs or Gurkha (depending on rival's composition) for the same resources, it's going to be huge. The only time I like mahouts is when I catch my opponent off guard whilst he sieging my stuff otherwise no no
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well mahouts are nice when you don't really have mapcontrol because they don't cost gold. And they're nice when you pop them right on top of opponent's units, and the shipments of them are cost efficient. Aside from that not great yeah
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I hate to give this tip away but you should just right click mahouts singularly like cannons.
Image Image Image
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Mahout is not a gamebreaker unit. Indian cav units are not strong in general. But the really nice thing about Indian cav is that it is incredibly specialized. You will find a suitable cavalry combination for nearly any situation. That makes Indian cav play quite nice, although it is hc card heavy.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

duckzilla wrote:Mahout is not a gamebreaker unit. Indian cav units are not strong in general. But the really nice thing about Indian cav is that it is incredibly specialized. You will find a suitable cavalry combination for nearly any situation. That makes Indian cav play quite nice, although it is hc card heavy.

Not really, you have only lancer (or more like naginata actually) sort of hand cav. So you'll always be fucked in cav wars
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Jat lancers are better than mahouts but all the indian heavy cav is bad imo
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Kaiserklein wrote:
duckzilla wrote:Mahout is not a gamebreaker unit. Indian cav units are not strong in general. But the really nice thing about Indian cav is that it is incredibly specialized. You will find a suitable cavalry combination for nearly any situation. That makes Indian cav play quite nice, although it is hc card heavy.

Not really, you have only lancer (or more like naginata actually) sort of hand cav. So you'll always be fucked in cav wars

Yeah, that's what you have zambs or howdah for. I did not only mean melee cav :smile:
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.