spain china

France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Re: spain china

Post by chronique »

"they have good siege why dont you give it a try?"

You don't know who i am if you think i haven't try that. FF swiss pik is far far better.
Brazil Majora_
Musketeer
ESO: Majora_

Post by Majora_ »

chronique wrote:"they have good siege why dont you give it a try?"

You don't know who i am if you think i haven't try that. FF swiss pik is far far better.
ok
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

Can someone post the halbs ff bo here?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

halbs ff is just bad, swiss pikes are indeed better.
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

There has to be some sort of adv of halb ff over Swiss pike ff. Won't halbs ff be faster?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Shikari wrote:There has to be some sort of adv of halb ff over Swiss pike ff. Won't halbs ff be faster?
Not really. You will get the halbs sooner of course but considering they have to walk, it will be like 20 sec faster in the end. Also you can't train skirms with a halb ff while you can with a swiss pike ff.
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

Would be nice if someone can tell the bo for both though.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

Shikari wrote:There has to be some sort of adv of halb ff over Swiss pike ff. Won't halbs ff be faster?
Is thougt the advantage was quite obvious: Your defesive timing is at an earlier point in time. Pro tip you can also ship lancers while training halbs.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

china is probably favored
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

- piq swiss ff is like a normal ff (age 15 vili +2 age 2, 700 gold first then 700w) where you send 600 gold after 700 wood (or you can send 5 vili and gather 1000gold but not sure if its possible and if its worth it)

- halb ff same but send church card after 700w and you need a lot of vili on wood for the church + house.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Not really. You will get the halbs sooner of course but considering they have to walk, it will be like 20 sec faster in the end. Also you can't train skirms with a halb ff while you can with a swiss pike ff.
20 seconds is quite a lot faster to be honest

That's like a dead wonder
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

chronique wrote:- piq swiss ff is like a normal ff (age 15 vili +2 age 2, 700 gold first then 700w) where you send 600 gold after 700 wood (or you can send 5 vili and gather 1000gold but not sure if its possible and if its worth it)

- halb ff same but send church card after 700w and you need a lot of vili on wood for the church + house.
Age up with 2 vills instead of tower? Why?
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Shikari wrote:
chronique wrote:- piq swiss ff is like a normal ff (age 15 vili +2 age 2, 700 gold first then 700w) where you send 600 gold after 700 wood (or you can send 5 vili and gather 1000gold but not sure if its possible and if its worth it)

Age up with 2 vills instead of tower? Why?
Train 2 vills in age 2
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Yes :D age with 200g + tower and train 2 more vili.

Anyway, 13 halb are bad just becouse you have nothing else and they are too slow. If you want play aggro ff its better to send 8 piq age 2 after 700w becouse with that you can push before you reach age 3 (for exemple you can kill the china tp) and you can send 2 falc and train some skirm age 3.
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

Man it's just that this strata seems fun I am just trying to find a single niche situation where it is better than normal Spain all in of shipping 8 pikes 3rd card aging with pikes and sending falcs first thing.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Dont ever age with huss unless you plan to do the cav start
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

chronique wrote:Lancer sux, this unit is worth than vet hussard. China just need to spam there cav + redcoat and rect your lancer rodo compo. And more the game is longest more this mu looks unplayable. Probably an other mu where the best way is ff allonie and light a candle.
I believe Blackstar did (and I tried this too with great success) all in ff vs China. That is, be in fortress at 7:05 with most forward tower, ship 8 pike and make musk in transition, age with 4 huss.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

ovi12 wrote: I believe Blackstar did (and I tried this too with great success) all in ff vs China. That is, be in fortress at 7:05 with most forward tower, ship 8 pike and make musk in transition, age with 4 huss.
This is the standard build but if china play properly it doesn't work. You have no real window because mm + 6 unit from wonder + op explo are enouth to tempo his age up, and 8 skirm are so hard to deal with when he is in base. But if you have the rec iam not againt!!
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

chronique wrote:
ovi12 wrote: I believe Blackstar did (and I tried this too with great success) all in ff vs China. That is, be in fortress at 7:05 with most forward tower, ship 8 pike and make musk in transition, age with 4 huss.
This is the standard build but if china play properly it doesn't work. You have no real window because mm + 6 unit from wonder + op explo are enouth to tempo his age up, and 8 skirm are so hard to deal with when he is in base. But if you have the rec iam not againt!!
Hmm sorry I do not have a rec from Blackstar.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Lancers with ep cabelleros seem like they'd be absolutely lethal in this mu. Extra range would make their pathing in deathball engagements so much more favorable, and if you could get cav combat too it'd mean that they 2-shot chagdao, which is kinda absurd. I get that huss are more favourable in a cav-on-cav matchup, but lancers do twice as much damage against infantry, don't have to be upgraded to veteran, and with their extra range resist actually have the same ranged HP as vet huss, and have only like 10% less melee HP.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

China make a lot of cav vs spain and you die before cabaelleros
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Darwin_ wrote:Lancers with ep cabelleros seem like they'd be absolutely lethal in this mu. Extra range would make their pathing in deathball engagements so much more favorable, and if you could get cav combat too it'd mean that they 2-shot chagdao, which is kinda absurd. I get that huss are more favourable in a cav-on-cav matchup, but lancers do twice as much damage against infantry, don't have to be upgraded to veteran, and with their extra range resist actually have the same ranged HP as vet huss, and have only like 10% less melee HP.
It’s only +1 range, which helps but barely. For reference Meteor Hammers have 5 range.

In practice lancers don’t seem to work too well in this matchup anyway, but they seem good in theory.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Lancers aren't great against China.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

the only times i see china struggle after the initial pressure is where they dont make enough cavalry to block lancers and shit. Vs someone who mixes china cav lancers really become useless so vet huss is probably better mid to late fort if it gets to that
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

You basically have to treat lancers like artillery, and while they can be effective vs a territorial bot, any china cav will easily dispatch lancers. (Once again, showing how broken the china mechanic of infantry and cav from one military building can be)