spain china

Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Re: spain china

Post by Kawapasaka »

Yeah that 200w saving not having to build a stable is pretty game-breaking stuff can we delete this piece of shit civ already.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Maybe war academies need to cost 400 wood :hmm:
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Btw does it feel like FF vs FF in this MU is a total coin-flip to anyone else? As in, China has to pre-emptively ship hand mortars and win if Spain shipped Falcs, or lose if Spain shipped Lancers.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

They can just ship Meteor Hammers and win either way
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Kawapasaka wrote:Btw does it feel like FF vs FF in this MU is a total coin-flip to anyone else? As in, China has to pre-emptively ship hand mortars and win if Spain shipped Falcs, or lose if Spain shipped Lancers.
It's not that simple tbh, you can often protect your mortars with mm, disciple and the few units you have. Also sending 5cav to snipe the falcs is an option.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Mhm I used to think shipping meteors was an ez win vs falcs or anything else but I played it a lot and they were never enough vs an agro Spain player with good unit control, rods/pikes/cav would shred them before they could take down both Falcs.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Kawapasaka wrote:Mhm I used to think shipping meteors was an ez win vs falcs or anything else but I played it a lot and they were never enough vs an agro Spain player with good unit control, rods/pikes/cav would shred them before they could take down both Falcs.
Mortars are safer but my point is that it's not game over if you send the wrong shipment. You can still win with mortars against lancers or with 5cav against falcs although it won't be a free win.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Its a coin flip becouse or its china free win, or its china favour :p
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Kawapasaka wrote:Yeah that 200w saving not having to build a stable is pretty game-breaking stuff can we delete this piece of shit civ already.
yeah this is why i was against having extra armies in war academy. which other civ will play 16-20 minute games with 1 military building?
dansil92 wrote:Maybe war academies need to cost 400 wood :hmm:
some change like this could be interesting for example 250w war academy and 175w village

then again that is a pretty expensive war academy
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

harcha wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:Yeah that 200w saving not having to build a stable is pretty game-breaking stuff can we delete this piece of shit civ already.
yeah this is why i was against having extra armies in war academy. which other civ will play 16-20 minute games with 1 military building?
A stable and rax in one building is such an innocuous civ bonus why is it so problematic to you two lol
harcha wrote:
dansil92 wrote:Maybe war academies need to cost 400 wood :hmm:
some change like this could be interesting for example 250w war academy and 175w village
then again that is a pretty expensive war academy
Sounds inconsequential and pointless, rather the opposite of interesting.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Well, you see the other civ to get cav and infantry at the same building (Aztec) doesnt have some of the best units in the game shadow teching to III at that single building. They have to build a new, fancier, more expensive building for their age III units but china can drop a colonial war academy and play for twenty minutes with literally one building.i think it is quite difficult to quantify how significant this advantage is
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

dansil92 wrote:Well, you see the other civ to get cav and infantry at the same building (Aztec) doesnt have some of the best units in the game shadow teching to III at that single building. They have to build a new, fancier, more expensive building for their age III units but china can drop a colonial war academy and play for twenty minutes with literally one building.i think it is quite difficult to quantify how significant this advantage is
They also don't have to train their units in weird batches
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Yesh we all hate getting a good composition of units every time we cue a batch
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

dansil92 wrote:Well, you see the other civ to get cav and infantry at the same building (Aztec) doesnt have some of the best units in the game shadow teching to III at that single building.
And China doesn't get a firepit with 10 warrior priests and one of the best colonial armies, what's your point?
dansil92 wrote: They have to build a new, fancier, more expensive building for their age III units but china can drop a colonial war academy and play for twenty minutes with literally one building.i think it is quite difficult to quantify how significant this advantage is
Nope, it's an incredibly easy advantage to quantify because the alternative is playing for 20 minutes with literally two buildings like all the other civs do - 200 extra wood.