Its fregate or frigate?
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Re: vs water

Post by Black_Duck »

chronique wrote:Its fregate or frigate?
That depends on whether your're talking about the island or the boat you need to get there
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Black_Duck wrote:
chronique wrote:Its fregate or frigate?
That depends on whether your're talking about the island or the boat you need to get there
The island?
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Haha, didn't know about the island called fregate.
Colombia WilliamRuiz
Crossbow
ESO: WilliamRuiz

Post by WilliamRuiz »

I'll test this.
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

There are two options that come to my mind
First one would be to get a native tp and rush them with war canoes and 2 caravel shipment. On the good side if you do well that means they lost 2 or 3 cards plus a lot of resources worth of investment, however there is the risk or being trapped on age 2.
Another thing is, what about that card that brings mortars to the fortress age?
I can see it being quite useful here
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher
ESO: DrAzTiK

Post by draztik »

Luciofrancosi wrote: Another thing is, what about that card that brings mortars to the fortress age?
Maybe I am missing something but I don't think this card exist for Spain or other civs.

edit : sorry, this card doess exist. I think it is worth to try when an opponent is making a big turtle.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon

Post by Black_Duck »

draztik wrote:
Luciofrancosi wrote: Another thing is, what about that card that brings mortars to the fortress age?
Maybe I am missing something but I don't think this card exist for Spain or other civs.

edit : sorry, this card doess exist. I think it is worth to try when an opponent is making a big turtle.
What are your views in Spain mirror when opponent walls and goes sea ?
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher

Post by draztik »

double post
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Black_Duck wrote:
draztik wrote:

Does that not just die to aggro FF?
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

chris1089 wrote:
Black_Duck wrote:
Show hidden quotes
You can get away with a FI, i guess the same way u can get away with a sea boom with walls.
Spain pain train is real
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher

Post by draztik »

If someone go sea against you , I think you have 3 possibilities :

2-hit him on land first and finish him on water later
2-hit him on water first and finish him on land next
3-hit him on both sides in the same time.

It is not easy to be sure 100% what is the most efficient. You can also do all these strategy in the same game at some different moments. Any advice is welcome. surely it depends about the map and the civ you play against.

note : water maps are very different, you cannot compare patagony/borneo/indonesia/yucatan. On some map, even if you make some serious damage on land, the opponent can retreat on some island without problems so you have to take this into account. On some maps, you falcs can help a lot to shoot boats but on some maps it is less obvious.

remember that walls have only 1500hp on DE. it shoudl not afraid you too much if the opponent wall a bit.

For sure, with spain, it is best to attack at age 3 whatever you want to do because caravels are very weak at age II + no falcs.

For exemple, here is a secret bo that Poissondu44 has given to me : cards= 3vill/700gold/700wood/2 caravel /2 falcs/1 frigate.
===> age up III with 400wood and 1 caravvel politicians. Make 10 musket during transition and you can attack at age III both on land (his TC or his docks) and sea with a decent army.

If you focus on land, you can try this : 3vills/700gold/700wood/5vill/2falc/1000wood /spanish gold/ (build falc) and try the card allowing to produce mortar at age III once you feel that you are in position of strenght but your opponent wants to turtle hard/be tricky. Because even 6or7 falcs are not enough against a good turtle.
( build falcs thanks to the 1000 wood). Need more test but I just tried it recently

ps: I am quite convinced that starting market is the best start you can do with spain, especially if you can see at least 50 gold or 50 wood near your tc witch is ofen the case.

Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon

Post by Black_Duck »

chris1089 wrote:
Black_Duck wrote:
Show hidden quotes
It was a sly ego post cause I played Draztic the other day and I didnt die to the aggro
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher

Post by draztik »

I post this video for the bo mate and I don't know your level but if I meet you in quick search, it means we have more or less the same level.

edit : also I try new bo and change my decks almost everydays in this period so I ofen do some dirty things from time to time.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

draztik wrote: For exemple, here is a secret bo that Poissondu44 has given to me : cards= 3vill/700gold/700wood/2 caravel /2 falcs/1 frigate.
===> age up III with 400wood and 1 caravvel politicians. Make 10 musket during transition and you can attack at age III both on land (his TC or his docks) and sea with a decent army.
This is not a secret bo anymore :P . I will put it in my spain guide then.