Learning to lame port water

No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher
ESO: Senor_boe

Re: Learning to lame port water

Post by Senor_Boe »

@deleted_user5 I think I finally started knowing how to deal with the most things that seemed deadly to me. :smile: :flowers:
Attachments
[SP] Senor_Boe[PT] vs whatever_[GE] - ESOC Florida.age3yrec
(490.05 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
ESOC Florida
ESOC Florida
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 19 minutes
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

Senor_Boe wrote:@deleted_user5 I think I finally started knowing how to deal with the most things that seemed deadly to me. :smile: :flowers:
U will be high tier few time.. nice train and practice
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

Senor_Boe wrote:@deleted_user5 I think I finally started knowing how to deal with the most things that seemed deadly to me. :smile: :flowers:
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

look wrote:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@Senor_Boe

Lets continue from where we stayed. The game against iTzAndrettiR brits, you had a bad placement for 2nd tc again, however you did a good job defending your frontline dock, but what I hated most was after you almost destoryed him on water, you just lost it again because you didn't have enough caravels to kill just 1 dock.. That wasnt good of you.

About the game you played otto, I think you started it really bad. You shouldn't play it in age2 when you go water boom as otto. So you just lost almost your whole army in age2. Also I'm not sure if full water worths, semi water might be better, need to test it, late game you did great job with your unit composition. Well played overall.

About the 1st game Against otto player where you played as ports, I think you made a very big mistake by making seperate 2 tcs, when you play vs otto, you generally should put 2tc together otherwise it's quite hard to hold the rush. That was a mistake from the beginning.Ah an opponent kept losing units against warships, so it's rather he threw the game than you winning, you could do better.

The 2nd game rec you played against otto doesn't work some reason.

About the game against germany, It says "the game is invalid"
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

This thread is so good man.
I learned that with right advice and feedback, one can improve really quickly.
Really appreciate Senor for going from PR 22 to PR 29 in such a short span of time, that too with Portugal. Really grateful to Breeze who takes out his time to review his recs and provides valuable advice which applies to players other than Senor as well.

I believe this is a beautiful purpose of this forum.

We should have different coaching threads for civs/styles where they take 3-4 Lieutenants per coach. It may benefit a good deal of players other than the students themselves. Just my opinion.

I don't know if this system will be viable for long term or not. Not sure if it would be worth the time players invest in. But I really like the idea of it.

I will enjoy when someone creates a Dutch coaching thread.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

_DB_ wrote:This thread is so good man.
I learned that with right advice and feedback, one can improve really quickly.
Really appreciate Senor for going from PR 22 to PR 29 in such a short span of time, that too with Portugal. Really grateful to Breeze who takes out his time to review his recs and provides valuable advice which applies to players other than Senor as well.

I believe this is a beautiful purpose of this forum.

We should have different coaching threads for civs/styles where they take 3-4 Lieutenants per coach. It may benefit a good deal of players other than the students themselves. Just my opinion.

I don't know if this system will be viable for long term or not. Not sure if it would be worth the time players invest in. But I really like the idea of it.

I will enjoy when someone creates a Dutch coaching thread.
Thanks!I appreciate your text and interests, everyone here been very welcoming and nice and supportful and Breeze is a very nice person and coach,I watched alot of kynesie's and breeze's recorded games before some months and they were so fun and interesting to watch which pushed me to try & start trying to learning this creative playstyle.I might have not got to be a legit major yet with this playstyle yet, but I think it wouldn't take long since i mastered the basics and I just need to play more games to improve from now. :flowers:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

If someone wants to create a "coaching thread" about a civ/style I know, I can help.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

I'd be interested to learn some kind of semi-ff (with France or Germany I guess) but right now my problems seem to come from my abyssal app rather than some build order/strategic decisions problems were a good player look would really help me.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

Attachments
[SP] AbsoluteStandard[BR] vs Senor_Boe[PT] - ESOC Dhaka.age3yrec
(479.73 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
ESOC Dhaka
ESOC Dhaka
Length: 19 minutes
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

@deleted_user5 I find it quite hard to save my tc vs all in land otto / india even with 2 layers.I think Im supposed to have 2 tcs together but it's really tricky you never know if these civs are going water or no. I guess I need to check deck but still sometimes, people decide to commit land even with a land deck & then try to 2 vel.I think its fine if i lose my tc since i have alot of boats that he can't attack and I can live in the shore with ships protecting me and overall easy place to wall. But it would still be cool if I manage to save my 1st tc.Cheers
Attachments
[SP] AbsoluteStandard[OT] vs Senor_Boe[PT] - ESOC Florida.age3yrec
(530.27 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
ESOC Florida
ESOC Florida
Length: 21 minutes
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

still playing on eso?
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

@deleted_user5 how to play vs this :O .waiting ur answers on prev recs :flowers:
Attachments
[SP] Senor_Boe[PT] vs EddieJr[BR] - ESOC Florida.age3yrec
(474.94 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
ESOC Florida
ESOC Florida
Length: 14 minutes
(439.01 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
ESOC Florida
ESOC Florida
Length: 10 minutes
(435.65 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
ESOC Florida
ESOC Florida
Length: 11 minutes
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

I also paniced sometimes and forgot to contest most of the whales xd
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

who's EddieJr
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Senor_Boe wrote:@deleted_user5 how to play vs this :O .waiting ur answers on prev recs :flowers:
Hey, I will watch all of them soon.
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

deleted_user wrote:
Senor_Boe wrote:@deleted_user5 how to play vs this :O .waiting ur answers on prev recs :flowers:
Hey, I will watch all of them soon.
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

@deleted_user5 I just won here because india didnt put Agra fort on the coast. that one is really hard to deal with like agra dosent let your vels heal at all since its in range with your docks and the 12 sepoy rush on your tc plus 2 vel is so hard to deal with.None the less he played land,and you can see my struggles with base building when i cant build mills or place my army properly :(
Attachments
[SP] Senor_Boe[PT] vs Tim_Retek[IN] - ESOC Florida.age3yrec
(1019.14 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
ESOC Florida
ESOC Florida
Length: 22 minutes
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Could u maybe do a explorer machine gun BO tutorial? Would be much appreciated thx
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

Sure, what you gonna give me for it?
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

@deleted_user5 Hi! Did you finish the recs?
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Senor_Boe wrote:Sure, what you gonna give me for it?
All the treasures on the map
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@Senor_Boe Let's start with the first game you vs absolutestandard on dhaka... Great BO execution by you, I think you could have age up earlier to IV or make some units in age III because you both go for water and it's not like you should skip making units that long. Other than that I liked your culverin mico ;)

About the game vs absolute otto... I already told you many times, why do you still keep having seperated TCs? you can't hold rush like that. And you couldnt there aswell. But since opponent didn't care of killing your 15 vills you were in a fine position. Since opponent ignores the water, he deserved to lose it more by ignoring to pick water deck and playing it on water. So eventually you won.

1st game against EddieJr is good example of what happens when you don't scout properly and if opponent doesn't ignore water. Still, it wasn't over yet but resigning there also makes sense since you played it really bad.

2nd EddieJr game wasn't even over yet lol. but you play it quite passive again, as the result he is taking the %80 land control and start pushing water after poking some. Don't be that passive next time.

after watching 2 horrible games against EddieJr, 3rd one looked to be going good, nice water control and tc placement this time but wait, you really don't make any units either send cm against 50 brit musks? That mistake is big enough to lose it.

About the game vs India, it's hard to beat india as ports yeah, a hard mu. As you mentioned above, your opponent didnt play it very correctly, didn't push water and the agra placement wasnt ideal. you also did good job defending. gg
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

@deleted_user5 about the culvs. my game was freezing and I couldn't shoot the ships xD. And for otto game, It seems rather scary to get ur 3 docks rushed by jans and vels without a tc protecting it,you told me before that i must put tc in water vs civs that contest water, I actualy haven't tried it since long but I really think that will destroy my water. what do you think?
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

Ah yea sorry you said against TWC civs or most likely aztec that contests water*