Learning to lame port water

France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Re: Learning to lame port water

Post by chronique »

Breeze try slowly but surely to attract peaple to his cause. That start by coaching people in water play, and that end by "pls wall need, at least, 5000hp for 1 w" :P
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

@Rohbrot

are we all tagging eachother
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Senor_Boe wrote:@deleted_user5 Hard game to watch,I messed up my macro in this game. :cry: :cry:
could also be that i played better than the previous game :P
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@Senor_Boe Nice to see you improved your level, I will watch your recs soon!
France louis293
Musketeer
ESO: obelix293

Post by louis293 »

i play mostly russia, is there a way to counter a port water boom ? should i conteste water hard ? i simply have no idea how to play against. (i played senor boe one time very quickly) but have lost many time vs port water boom.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea Russia can contest water pretty well due to bh
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

louis293 wrote:i play mostly russia, is there a way to counter a port water boom ? should i conteste water hard ? i simply have no idea how to play against. (i played senor boe one time very quickly) but have lost many time vs port water boom.
Russia vs port is kinda even, you can obs me russia vs senor boe ports if he accepts later.
France louis293
Musketeer
ESO: obelix293

Post by louis293 »

deleted_user wrote:
louis293 wrote:i play mostly russia, is there a way to counter a port water boom ? should i conteste water hard ? i simply have no idea how to play against. (i played senor boe one time very quickly) but have lost many time vs port water boom.
Russia vs port is kinda even, you can obs me russia vs senor boe ports if he accepts later.

that would be great to see the correct approach, i am not experienced at all on water, a stupid russian rush doesn't work at all i guess (cm and warship) so curious to see how to play against water port, i though it was quiet even on a fair land map (correct amount of hunt in base) but clearly port favor on water (also because in late game it's hard to counter genitour jinete with 14 range strelets).
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

How do you play port on Malaysia vs russia?
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Great Britain boyu
Musketeer
ESO: boyu

Post by boyu »

ofc @Black_Duck's posting in this thread the crafty lammer
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

boyu wrote:ofc @Black_Duck's posting in this thread the crafty lammer
I was hoping to stay covert on the premise that no one else in epcm lames fucking wrecks on sea like me
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher
ESO: Senor_boe

Post by Senor_Boe »

@deleted_user5 My best water contest game yet.I think i did ok but I rather hear your opinion.
Attachments
[SP] Senor_Boe[PT] vs AbsoluteStandard[BR] - ESOC Florida.age3yrec
(497.3 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
ESOC Florida
ESOC Florida
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 19 minutes
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@Senor_Boe About the 1st game you posted, you could have walled your base earlier to prevent the first raids but I know it's not always possible to finish walling up in time, and yet you have one awful sea macro again XD, I got hard time to decide which game your sea macro was worse and I think it's the 2nd game, I also don't understand your obsession with goons, I mean I know it's hard to admit it but the fanpatch nerfed goons to the ground, you can't start goons as ports like on RE most of the time even if you want to do so, it's better to limit the amount of goons you make.

About the 2nd french which took 30 mins, I think you overall played it horribly bad, like you are not sending CM or making just 1 warship to save the tc on the shore, that was quite painful to watch tbh. Not only that but also after reaching to fortress age you are sending CM like wtf? You better would ship real units at that moment, your sea macro was annoyingly bad, like you didn't even use %70 of whales on the map, Honestly you deserved to lose the game super hard but since it's not you, but your opponent who have made the biggest mistake with not contesting on water, you won it. that was super bad game tbh.

About the 3rd game, I will watch it soon!
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Black_Duck wrote:
boyu wrote:ofc @Black_Duck's posting in this thread the crafty lammer
I was hoping to stay covert on the premise that no one else in epcm lames fucking wrecks on sea like me
I try but am out of practice.
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

deleted_user wrote:@Senor_Boe About the 1st game you posted, you could have walled your base earlier to prevent the first raids but I know it's not always possible to finish walling up in time, and yet you have one awful sea macro again XD, I got hard time to decide which game your sea macro was worse and I think it's the 2nd game, I also don't understand your obsession with goons, I mean I know it's hard to admit it but the fanpatch nerfed goons to the ground, you can't start goons as ports like on RE most of the time even if you want to do so, it's better to limit the amount of goons you make.

About the 2nd french which took 30 mins, I think you overall played it horribly bad, like you are not sending CM or making just 1 warship to save the tc on the shore, that was quite painful to watch tbh. Not only that but also after reaching to fortress age you are sending CM like wtf? You better would ship real units at that moment, your sea macro was annoyingly bad, like you didn't even use %70 of whales on the map, Honestly you deserved to lose the game super hard but since it's not you, but your opponent who have made the biggest mistake with not contesting on water, you won it. that was super bad game tbh.

Understood,I wanted to tell you that i checked the first game again and found out that by min 12 I had 3 whales contested,now I know its not alot but if you check my resoruces i was 1200 gold 800 food.While playing a full Goon and Im planning to age as soon as i get the 2k food.In this case I'm not supposed to have alot of Boats on whales anyways,right?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Senor_Boe wrote:
deleted_user wrote:@Senor_Boe About the 1st game you posted, you could have walled your base earlier to prevent the first raids but I know it's not always possible to finish walling up in time, and yet you have one awful sea macro again XD, I got hard time to decide which game your sea macro was worse and I think it's the 2nd game, I also don't understand your obsession with goons, I mean I know it's hard to admit it but the fanpatch nerfed goons to the ground, you can't start goons as ports like on RE most of the time even if you want to do so, it's better to limit the amount of goons you make.

Understood,I wanted to tell you that i checked the first game again and found out that by min 12 I had 3 whales contested,now I know its not alot but if you check my resoruces i was 1200 gold 800 food.While playing a full Goon and Im planning to age as soon as i get the 2k food.In this case I'm not supposed to have alot of Boats on whales anyways,right?
you need to finish your boom early game not at 12th min.. yea 1st one was better, Hmm, semi FI can be good but still, goons arent the ideal composition imo.
Peru VictorXV
Crossbow

Post by VictorXV »

do you guys have a guide for water with Ports, Japan and in general?
I've seen the videos from ESOC on youtube but you can only watch them "from the outside" rather than a 1st person perspective :hmm:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

VictorXV wrote:do you guys have a guide for water with Ports, Japan and in general?
I've seen the videos from ESOC on youtube but you can only watch them "from the outside" rather than a 1st person perspective :hmm:
With DE is on the way, who knows :)
Colombia King_Felipe
Crossbow
ESO: King_Pipe

Post by King_Felipe »

VictorXV wrote:do you guys have a guide for water with Ports, Japan and in general?
There's a diarouga's guide in age of streaming channel
Here is the link
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

@deleted_user5 As you might know I'm pretty unfammiliar with TWC Civs.So I was pretty confused in the beggining about what to do,which right composition.And It even got to where i totally messed up my macro.I lost quite a big amount of vills and my tight build basing didn't allow me to mill properly, i was like 5k coin with not even enough food to train vills or army all the time because i didnt have enough vills to put on mills , nor places to mill at.It sadly feels like I'm going back to the starting point.I would also ironicly add that I had a hard time placing my 2 factories.
Attachments
[SP] Senor_Boe[PT] vs sheckler[SI] - ESOC Florida.age3yrec
(604.16 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
ESOC Florida
ESOC Florida
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 32 minutes
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Senor_Boe wrote:@deleted_user5 As you might know I'm pretty unfammiliar with TWC Civs.So I was pretty confused in the beggining about what to do,which right composition.And It even got to where i totally messed up my macro.I lost quite a big amount of vills and my tight build basing didn't allow me to mill properly, i was like 5k coin with not even enough food to train vills or army all the time because i didnt have enough vills to put on mills , nor places to mill at.It sadly feels like I'm going back to the starting point.I would also ironicly add that I had a hard time placing my 2 factories.
I'm watching the last 2 recs you sent me now, till i respond I recommend you to watch this game, this kind of play works very well.
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

Haha I saw this some weeks ago,Well played.I'm gonna watch it again infact.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@Senor_Boe About the port vs sioux game... It is a flawed game from the beginning, like first of all, you shouldn't go seperate tcs against TWC civs overall (unless playing vs aztecs that seem to push from water), so you started with a big mistake but not only that, you couldn't even have a proper 2nd tc placement nearby shore to defend with warships. Eventually you couldn't protect it. You also lost so many villagers and it's also a bit unlucky that you run out of wood so fast, also in port vs sioux you always want to play it on later ages, should not play the mu in age3 at all imo. And yea it's re sioux after all and if you make this many mistakes + lose so many vills it's just normal to lose this game.

About the last game against absolutestandard brit.. your bo was quite weird, your 3rd tc placement wasn't ideal too, I also see at the end of the game you are messing your macro up. you could do better.
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

@deleted_user5 If i go 2 tcs home dosen't that make my docks get siege dance'ed quite more easily ? And might also get pushed in water with an age 3 timing idk.I have just finished seeing your game vs baus.There's 2 things I'm confused about,1st why did you build a tp in transition?It's quite weird for me because I always save up wood in transition to get more boats and 2nd dock.2nd thing is that you actualy didn't contest whale for the first 8 mins.And I'm unsure if you got 2nd wood up in time.