Spring Tournament HYPE thread!

Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Re: Spring Tournament HYPE thread!

Post by WickedCossack »

bwinner1 wrote:Do we have a chance to see mongo10/princeofkabul/veni/h2o/acergame/lordraphael/goongoon ?

Raphael will sign up fashionably late like always. He said he wasn't going to play the next 1v1 tourny but since it got delayed quite a bit I highly expect he will. You'll just have to wait till 2 days before sign ups close. H2o wont, plus he obviously needs a break so even if he does sign up someone should kick him. Veni no. Mongo/Goon probably will though not entirely sure how well they both get on with ESOC right now, still its a nice event so 60/40 on these bois. Acer I doubt just cause he's been and still is inactive, depends really if he sees the event, so 20%. Prince quite likely. That's your pro player update news. :flowers:

Hopefully the spadel will sign up. @spadel Need some good rotation. Maybe nagayumi can be convinced also for such $$$.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

I really hope Boneng signs up for this one, always one of my favorite players to watch.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Added:

Hazza54321
Ageofkiller
Somppukunkku
Tit
Conquerer999
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Dolan wrote:
giveuanxiety wrote:lmao let diarouga play. Lets see he tried spreading moes bar hacks across aoe3 so all qs would be moesbar hackers. He tried hacking esoctv website and shutting it down. He plans to have multiple accounts in tournaments, and im probably missing some other things

but lol ya lets let him play xD

Is there any proof for this?

I've been accused in the past of hacking ESOC for I don't remember how many times. I've never seen any proof, though. Basically every time the site went down like one year ago, I was getting messages on Skype: "it's you, right? you hacked the site, right?" I was like wtf, I'm so ubiquitous.

Also, considering that these tournaments are played on the ESOC patch, moesbar's hacks can't work.

I don't see any reason not to allow diarouga to play in competitions, if his behaviour during competitions does not break the tourney's rules. He can delegate someone to schedule games for him on the site, if he's banned here.

PS.
giveuanxiety wrote:He tried hacking esoctv website

Does ESOCtv have a separate website?

"Hacking" is really a misused word that gets thrown around too much but diarouga did post a picture of hitler-ryan on esoc's front page in the news subforum he didn't have access to and while he wasn't participating in whatever tournament was going on at the time it was done during a tournament during even a live esoc stream iirc. If not during very shortly after the finals of the 2nd chance tourney.

I was apart of the media team for like one week and he was just a nightmare, really. Even coming into the 2nd Chance finals stream where I spent 3 or 4 frantic hours trying to piece it together, messaging dozens of casters on multitudes of platforms and simultaneously trying to fix my ep so I could stream myself. He comes into that stream and acts generally anti esoc walking a fine line between what he was saying and blantant, targeted remarks. Annoying, but whatever. Anyways I got someone to stream the finals finally in such short notice (thanks soldier I still owe you that pizza) and after the stream I remember just feeling very relieved and like I had actually managed to overcome my first media team obstacle and it was rewarding then going to esoc website afterwards and seeing hitler-ryan right there on the front page: my stomach just dropped and I felt like shit. It was such a back handed metaphorical slap to the face.

I and many many others had been putting in a lot of work, perhaps more work than a hobby like this should require, and to see diarouga continuously try to sabatoge what we were doing, it felt terrible. And for many days, perhaps weeks, before this he had continued to spam the website with hitler-ryans and messages encouraging others to spam too and creating a technical behind the scenes issue trying to block his dozens and dozens of accounts from email-services and vpns which caused a temporary inability for legit new members to create forum accounts. And the worst thing is I'd be willing to bet dirouga reading this now would feel pride at causing strife within esoc and extra work for our staff and the reactions he's gotten from it as I'm not sure he has ever formally apologized excplicitly for his actions or if he has it has been reluctant and not the product of a coming to terms within himself and general remorse for his actions but rather to get into the ep team.

I was apart of the media team for one week and diarouga single handedly made sure I'd never make that mistake again.

I struggle to find why the user who has broken the most site rules (arguably) should be allowed into its tournaments. This isn't like the PK clan tourney drama there is actual proof and evidence of his toxic behavior.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

There might need to be a thread in the future with all of his offenses since there's a lot of confusion about his ban, though that'd get close to witch hunting which I'd like to avoid, even if diarouga arguably deserves it.

Diarouga is not playing. Let's focus on the rest of the top players in this tournament.
No Flag spadel
Skirmisher

Post by spadel »

WickedCossack wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:Do we have a chance to see mongo10/princeofkabul/veni/h2o/acergame/lordraphael/goongoon ?

Raphael will sign up fashionably late like always. He said he wasn't going to play the next 1v1 tourny but since it got delayed quite a bit I highly expect he will. You'll just have to wait till 2 days before sign ups close. H2o wont, plus he obviously needs a break so even if he does sign up someone should kick him. Veni no. Mongo/Goon probably will though not entirely sure how well they both get on with ESOC right now, still its a nice event so 60/40 on these bois. Acer I doubt just cause he's been and still is inactive, depends really if he sees the event, so 20%. Prince quite likely. That's your pro player update news. :flowers:

Hopefully the spadel will sign up. @spadel Need some good rotation. Maybe nagayumi can be convinced also for such $$$.

I can't, sorry! :/
BTW I might have signed up by mistake when I wanted to check who has signed up so far.. not sure - if so please take me out!!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

deleted_user wrote:"Hacking" is really a misused word that gets thrown around too much but diarouga did post a picture of hitler-ryan on esoc's front page in the news subforum he didn't have access to and while he wasn't participating in whatever tournament was going on at the time it was done during a tournament during even a live esoc stream iirc. If not during very shortly after the finals of the 2nd chance tourney.

But that's just banter, tbh. How many times have you seen this comparison between Mancl and a dictator on this forum, it's been a commonplace joke (even though the comparison may not have been totally misplaced).
He comes into that stream and acts generally anti esoc walking a fine line between what he was saying and blantant, targeted remarks.

Since when is being anti-esoc a crime though. This isn't 1984.
then going to esoc website afterwards and seeing hitler-ryan right there on the front page: my stomach just dropped and I felt like shit. It was such a back handed metaphorical slap to the face.

Slap on the face to you? But it was about somebody else.
I and many many others had been putting in a lot of work, perhaps more work than a hobby like this should require, and to see diarouga continuously try to sabatoge what we were doing, it felt terrible.

Maybe I don't know the whole context: was he part of the team so he could really disrupt the team's work or is this about him just saying stuff on the forum/stream?
And for many days, perhaps weeks, before this he had continued to spam the website with hitler-ryans and messages encouraging others to spam too and creating a technical behind the scenes issue trying to block his dozens and dozens of accounts from email-services and vpns which caused a temporary inability for legit new members to create forum accounts.

So he was being annoying to some people and tried to evade the ban. Not the first time someone tried to evade a ban.
The site admin could have simply enabled a security option in phpBB3 so that every new account created would have to be approved by an admin in order to get activated. It's tedious, but it would have solved the problem.
And the worst thing is I'd be willing to bet dirouga reading this now would feel pride at causing strife within esoc and extra work for our staff and the reactions he's gotten from it as I'm not sure he has ever formally apologized excplicitly for his actions or if he has it has been reluctant and not the product of a coming to terms within himself and general remorse for his actions but rather to get into the ep team.

I think he appologised, either on Skype or in the Twitch chat. Realistically, since he's banned, how else and where else could he appologise? He has no means of communicating with you.
I struggle to find why the user who has broken the most site rules (arguably) should be allowed into its tournaments. This isn't like the PK clan tourney drama there is actual proof and evidence of his toxic behavior.

Because he's one of the top players and frankly the only reason ESOC tourneys are possible is thanks to donors and top players still being interested in participating. If there weren't big prizes, probably seasonal tourneys wouldn't generate much interest.

I admit, though, that I may not know the full extent of what diarouga did, so from what you're saying it doesn't seem like stuff that could have seriously threatened ESOC. I mean, you can't seriously try DDOSing the site, since it's hosted on Amazon's cloud services and they have plenty of DDOS mitigation measures. You'd be wasting your time trying that. So, I don't see how diarouga could have posed any serious threat to the site. It sounds more like he was being very annoying and persistent and managed to irk a lot of people.

Also, I didn't argue he should be unbanned, but his ban should expire at some point. And imo he should be allowed to participate in tourneys, if the donors vote to allow him to.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

bwinner1 wrote:According to diarouga, admin have agreed to let him play, so I think bramboy is just drunk, don't pay attention to him.

Mmmh if bram made a mistake, then you can just said that he made one instead of saying "he is drunk and don't pay attention to him", no need to be particularly agressive toward him.

Let's not pollute this topic with diarouga's case, it's a bit off-topic and will lead to nothing. If you want more information, PM the staff, it will be better and avoid some potential drama.

so happy to see blackstar and erik playing the tourney! I hope Veni and Ryan will too
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

deleted_user wrote:

Wait is there a mistake or did you sign up with an account named kiirbii lol?
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Rikikipu wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:According to diarouga, admin have agreed to let him play, so I think bramboy is just drunk, don't pay attention to him.

Mmmh if bram made a mistake, then you can just said that he made one instead of saying "he is drunk and don't pay attention to him", no need to be particularly agressive toward him.

Let's not pollute this topic with diarouga's case, it's a bit off-topic and will lead to nothing. If you want more information, PM the staff, it will be better and avoid some potential drama.

so happy to see blackstar and erik playing the tourney! I hope Veni and Ryan will too

Well, if even moderator didn't say anything about this, you can be sure this isn't so hard^^
btw, they r just spreading lies, diarouga will play the tourney, he came to an agreement with the staff, so I don't like it, which is normal I think.
Btw that's not me who went off topic with it but rather Bramboy, I am just answering.
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

ovi12 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

Nah haha kiirbii is some guy who pretended to say he was pr50 or something & now he gets trolled a bit. :P
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

__Uhlan__ wrote:
ovi12 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

Nah haha kiirbii is some guy who pretended to say he was pr50 or something & now he gets trolled a bit. :P

Lol ik kirbi is thebritish, thats why im asking if there was a glitch or if callen made an account with a similar name to troll him
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Dolan wrote:
Since when is being anti-esoc a crime though. This isn't 1984.

It's not a crime but it is against ESOC rules lol
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Dolan wrote:I think I saw diarouga comment on Twitch, on ESOC's channel, though.

Also, how do you know he's not commenting on Youtube vids? Or on the Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Even if he was banned on the site, the ban shouldn't be indefinite in extent. At some point you should lift his ban, unless he's been killing babies in his basement, or something.

Rules in general apply to all ESOC platforms, as mentioned. So if you can't distribute hacks on the forums, you can't do that on Discord, YT etc., either. That was the general idea; we can't, however, execute bans on other platforms that nicely, naturally. In fact, it'd be unnecessary to do that, since we redact inappropriate content regardless of who posted it.

Let's keep it civil here, that's not really what the thread is about. If you have any doubts in terms of moderation, you can always PM staff members, as it was mentioned, or create a topic in the Small Claims Court subforum. :flowers:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

ovi12 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

Yes I did because I wanted to see the list of players who had already signed up and thought I needed to sign up myself to see that info but after I inputted "kiirbii" I still could not figure out how to see which players had signed up so I thought about cancelling my sign up then but I thought it was kind of funny I entered the tournament with his account so I just left it until someone said something.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

:ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

deleted_user wrote:
ovi12 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

Yes I did because I wanted to see the list of players who had already signed up and thought I needed to sign up myself to see that info but after I inputted "kiirbii" I still could not figure out how to see which players had signed up so I thought about cancelling my sign up then but I thought it was kind of funny I entered the tournament with his account so I just left it until someone said something.

we all know you wish you were kiirbii
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Dolan wrote:
deleted_user wrote:"Hacking" is really a misused word that gets thrown around too much but diarouga did post a picture of hitler-ryan on esoc's front page in the news subforum he didn't have access to and while he wasn't participating in whatever tournament was going on at the time it was done during a tournament during even a live esoc stream iirc. If not during very shortly after the finals of the 2nd chance tourney.

But that's just banter, tbh. How many times have you seen this comparison between Mancl and a dictator on this forum, it's been a commonplace joke (even though the comparison may not have been totally misplaced).

It is a joke, a joke making light of people who actually think Mancl is actually a dicktator (like you have just implied) or rather, it might have developed from a combination of Ryan's high standing, a product of the time and effort he has invested, and the relatively not-uncommon feelings of disdain towards him. One thing is true, though, it is not difficult to separate jokes made in jest from malicious remarks (much to the surprise of the internet who loves to cry, "JOKE!" at offensive statements). Diarouga's posts were of malicious intent. This really has not ever been debated, nor does it need to be; he has never contested its claim. It is clear the motive behind those pictures and accompanied messages were far from "banter: the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks." If you'd wish to defend Diarouga this is a rather weak point to take up.
deleted_user wrote:He comes into that stream and acts generally anti esoc walking a fine line between what he was saying and blantant, targeted remarks.

Dolan wrote:Since when is being anti-esoc a crime though. This isn't 1984.

I immediately followed this statement in my original post with "Annoying, but whatever." It is not a crime; I never said it was. If that was your interpretation I apologize for its muddied intent. The purpose of this sentence lies within the story and its build up and revelation of the post-2nd-chance-finals esoc website where hitler-ryan is staring into my soul.
deleted_user wrote:then going to esoc website afterwards and seeing hitler-ryan right there on the front page: my stomach just dropped and I felt like shit. It was such a back handed metaphorical slap to the face.

Dolan wrote:Slap on the face to you? But it was about somebody else.

This is a another weak argument. Are one's actions only ever felt by the individual they are directed at? If one is physically assaulted by another being is no one else able to intervene or feel compassion or want to remedy the issue? In this case, it was a slap to the face to everyone working on esoc, to donors, and to viewers who have made all this possible.
deleted_user wrote:I and many many others had been putting in a lot of work, perhaps more work than a hobby like this should require, and to see diarouga continuously try to sabatoge what we were doing, it felt terrible.

Dolan wrote:Maybe I don't know the whole context: was he part of the team so he could really disrupt the team's work or is this about him just saying stuff on the forum/stream?

I'm sorry if it appears I'm upset at Diarouga because he said some mean stuff in a stream I worked hard on. That's not exactly the point. Also, I'm not entirely sure what you are asking here. Diarouga was not a part of any esoc team at this point, he was causing strife within the administration by being a ban-dodging nuisance and general headache to everyone involved.
deleted_user wrote:And for many days, perhaps weeks, before this he had continued to spam the website with hitler-ryans and messages encouraging others to spam too and creating a technical behind the scenes issue trying to block his dozens and dozens of accounts from email-services and vpns which caused a temporary inability for legit new members to create forum accounts.

Dolan wrote:So he was being annoying to some people and tried to evade the ban. Not the first time someone tried to evade a ban.
The site admin could have simply enabled a security option in phpBB3 so that every new account created would have to be approved by an admin in order to get activated. It's tedious, but it would have solved the problem.

The ease of a solution is not what warrants the severity of an action. No one has ever ban dodged and spammed to the extent he did. It's the difference between shoplifting a pack of gum and 100 packs of gum. And then shoplifting again after being caught.
deleted_user wrote:And the worst thing is I'd be willing to bet dirouga reading this now would feel pride at causing strife within esoc and extra work for our staff and the reactions he's gotten from it as I'm not sure he has ever formally apologized excplicitly for his actions or if he has it has been reluctant and not the product of a coming to terms within himself and general remorse for his actions but rather to get into the ep team.

Dolan wrote:I think he appologised, either on Skype or in the Twitch chat. Realistically, since he's banned, how else and where else could he appologise? He has no means of communicating with you.

He has had constant contact with admins on skype. He was given permission to join the EP team and posted an apology in its subforum. It's not a bad apology but an apology is not omnipotent and he has since "acted up" for lack of a better term and ingnorance on my part on what he's been doing. However, afterwards he did ban dodge again and even though it was to post a nice pack of rec'd games for a VC defense it was still an intentional ban dodge; he knew what he was doing. He was well on track to becoming unbanned afaik.
deleted_user wrote:I struggle to find why the user who has broken the most site rules (arguably) should be allowed into its tournaments. This isn't like the PK clan tourney drama there is actual proof and evidence of his toxic behavior.

Dolan wrote:Because he's one of the top players and frankly the only reason ESOC tourneys are possible is thanks to donors and top players still being interested in participating. If there weren't big prizes, probably seasonal tourneys wouldn't generate much interest.
I admit, though, that I may not know the full extent of what diarouga did, so from what you're saying it doesn't seem like stuff that could have seriously threatened ESOC. I mean, you can't seriously try DDOSing the site, since it's hosted on Amazon's cloud services and they have plenty of DDOS mitigation measures. You'd be wasting your time trying that. So, I don't see how diarouga could have posed any serious threat to the site. It sounds more like he was being very annoying and persistent and managed to irk a lot of people.

He is one of the best players, and therein lies the problem, does this somehow make him exempt from his actions? If thebritish had done this it'd be gg no re. At the same time, diarouga has been hugely influential within EP and behind the scenes. This can also not be ignored. It's obviously a difficult decision and hugely complex. I mean at what point do statements said on skype carry over to esoc? He's repeatedly called a certain user a racial slur on skype and this doesn't really help the whole thing either.

I never once mentioned DDOSing. I don't know the technical behind-the-scenes know-how but I don't believe I ever accused him of anything he had not done in my original post.

Can there be "serious harm to the site" outside of DDOsing? Yes. Did diarouga's actions ever put the site technologically at risk? No. However, did his actions temporarily put esoc's integrity in jeopardy? Yes. Spamming harms the forum. Spamming with the intent to encourage others to spam harms the forum. Posting pictures of an admin's face on top of a vile human being and spamming it harms the forum. Ban dodging with some several dozens of accounts and continuing to attempt to bypass erected defenses harms the forum.
Dolan wrote:Also, I didn't argue he should be unbanned, but his ban should expire at some point. And imo he should be allowed to participate in tourneys, if the donors vote to allow him to.

I don't disagree entirely. I think there is indeed room for an unban in the future, but it is important to note there has already been room for an unban and he has already been unbanned before and violated that agreement. We aren't on 2nd chance, we're on the 3rd or 4th.

Lastly, there is some confusion about the severity of diarouga's actions. Obviously, to many, his actions are not serious at all and this can be debated I'm not saying it cannot. However I think there is some misrepresentation as, credit to the hardworking staff, his spam posts were almost all removed right away. The point of my above story is not to whine that someone said some naughtys naughtys in an esoc stream, it is an attempt to give a perspective from the POV of someone behind esoc, working very hard on its betterment and seeing the effects of a single individual set on disrupting and undermining everything so many people were pouring their free time and effort in, including the donors and viewers. This individual was attempting to completely disrupt the website they spent their hard-earned money on.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

are you saying "apart" instead of "a part" on purpose collen? All those fancy sentences and then this ......Ruins the whole experience collen:(
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I've apparently never learned the difference.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:
Dolan wrote:

It is a joke, a joke making light of people who actually think Mancl is a dicktator or rather, it might have developed from a combination of Ryan's high standing, a product of the time and effort he has invested, and the relatively not-uncommon feelings of disdain towards him. One thing is true, though, it is not difficult to separate jokes made in jest from malicious remarks (much to the surprise of the internet who loves to cry, "JOKE!" at offensive statements). Diarouga's posts were of malicious intent. This really has not ever been debated, nor does it need to be; he has never contested its claim. It is clear the motive behind those pictures and accompanied messages were far from "banter: the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks." If you'd wish to defend Diarouga this is a rather weak point to take up.
deleted_user wrote:He comes into that stream and acts generally anti esoc walking a fine line between what he was saying and blantant, targeted remarks.

Dolan wrote:Since when is being anti-esoc a crime though. This isn't 1984.

I immediately followed this statement in my original post with "Annoying, but whatever." It is not a crime; I never said it was. If that was your interpretation I apologize for its muddied intent. The purpose of this sentence lies within the story and its build up and revelation of the post-2nd-chance-finals esoc website where hitler-ryan is staring into my soul.
deleted_user wrote:then going to esoc website afterwards and seeing hitler-ryan right there on the front page: my stomach just dropped and I felt like shit. It was such a back handed metaphorical slap to the face.

Dolan wrote:Slap on the face to you? But it was about somebody else.

This is a another weak argument. Are one's actions only ever felt by the individual they are directed at? If one is physically assaulted by another being is no one else able to intervene or feel compassion or want to remedy the issue? In this case, it was a slap to the face to everyone working on esoc, to donors, and to viewers who have made all this possible.
deleted_user wrote:I and many many others had been putting in a lot of work, perhaps more work than a hobby like this should require, and to see diarouga continuously try to sabatoge what we were doing, it felt terrible.

Dolan wrote:Maybe I don't know the whole context: was he part of the team so he could really disrupt the team's work or is this about him just saying stuff on the forum/stream?

I'm sorry if it appears I'm upset at Diarouga because he said some mean stuff in a stream I worked hard on. That's not exactly the point. Also, I'm not entirely sure what you are asking here. Diarouga was not apart of any esoc team at this point, he was causing strife within the administration by being a ban-dodging nuisance and general headache to everyone involved.
deleted_user wrote:And for many days, perhaps weeks, before this he had continued to spam the website with hitler-ryans and messages encouraging others to spam too and creating a technical behind the scenes issue trying to block his dozens and dozens of accounts from email-services and vpns which caused a temporary inability for legit new members to create forum accounts.

Dolan wrote:So he was being annoying to some people and tried to evade the ban. Not the first time someone tried to evade a ban.

The ease of a solution is not what warrants the severity of an action. No one has ever ban dodged and spammed to the extent he did. It's the difference between shoplifting a pack of gum and 100 packs of gum. And then shoplifting again after being caught.
deleted_user wrote:And the worst thing is I'd be willing to bet dirouga reading this now would feel pride at causing strife within esoc and extra work for our staff and the reactions he's gotten from it as I'm not sure he has ever formally apologized excplicitly for his actions or if he has it has been reluctant and not the product of a coming to terms within himself and general remorse for his actions but rather to get into the ep team.

Dolan wrote:I think he appologised, either on Skype or in the Twitch chat. Realistically, since he's banned, how else and where else could he appologise? He has no means of communicating with you.

He has had constant contact with admins on skype. He was given permission to join the EP team and posted an apology in its subforum. It's not a bad apology but an apology is not omnipotent and he has since "acted up" for lack of a better term and ingnorance on my part on what he's been doing. However, afterwards he did ban dodge again and even though it was to post a nice pack of rec'd games for a VC defense it was still an intentional ban dodge; he knew what he was doing. He was well on track to becoming unbanned afaik.
deleted_user wrote:I struggle to find why the user who has broken the most site rules (arguably) should be allowed into its tournaments. This isn't like the PK clan tourney drama there is actual proof and evidence of his toxic behavior.

Dolan wrote:Because he's one of the top players and frankly the only reason ESOC tourneys are possible is thanks to donors and top players still being interested in participating. If there weren't big prizes, probably seasonal tourneys wouldn't generate much interest.

He is one of the best players, and therein lies the problem, does this somehow make him exempt from his actions? If thebritish had done this it'd be gg no re. At the same time, diarouga has been hugely influential within EP and behind the scenes. This can also not be ignored. It's obviously a difficult decision and hugely complex. I mean at what point do statements said on skype carry over to esoc? He's repeatedly called a certain user a racial slur on skype and this doesn't really help the whole thing either.

I never once mentioned DDOSing. I don't know the technical behind-the-scenes know-how and I don't believe I ever accused him of anything he had not done in my original post.

Can there be "serious harm to the site" outside of DDOsing? Yes. Did diarouga's actions ever put the site technologically at risk? No. However, did his actions temporarily put esoc's integrity in jeopardy? Yes. Spamming harms the forum. Spamming with the intent to encourage others to spam harms the forum. Posting pictures of an admin's face on top of a vile human being and spamming it harms the forum. Ban dodging with some several dozens of accounts and continuing to attempt to bypass erected defenses harms the forum.
Dolan wrote:Also, I didn't argue he should be unbanned, but his ban should expire at some point. And imo he should be allowed to participate in tourneys, if the donors vote to allow him to.

I don't disagree entirely. I think there is indeed room for an unban in the future, but it is important to note there has already been room for an unban and he has already been unbanned before and violated that agreement. We aren't on 2nd chance, we're on the 3rd or 4th.

Lastly, there is some confusion about the severity of diarouga's actions. Obviously, to many, his actions are not serious at all and this can be debated I'm not saying it cannot. However I think there is some misrepresentation as, credit to the hardworking staff, his spam posts were almost all removed right away. The point of my above story is not to whine that someone said some naughtys naughtys in an esoc stream, it is an attempt to give a perspective from the POV of someone behind esoc, working very hard on its betterment and seeing the effects of a single individual set on disrupting and undermining everything so many people were pouring their free time and effort in.
you probably could have reinstalled the game and beaten a pr 35 player in a brit mirror and than lost to a 2nd lt in the amount of time you took to write this post
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Probably. I am very good at all of those things.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Just let diarouga play...If a player is not cheating ingame and knows GMT's who cares about esoc crime history? the idea of tournament is to find the best player.

Gonna be maybe the best tournament so far if all these big names play.
Also drinking some rum-coke and playing some pro Marco who usually kicks you from his game is very enjoyable
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Why is gibson not on the list? And what about the meetthood maan?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I hope @boneng and @nagayumi signs up - and play some Sioux. I hope the fix they did will be a noticeable one - so Sioux are compatible again (But I fear its not enough though - sigh..)
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.