No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 04

25 Nov 2019, 03:58

Is ESOC somehow not indexed by Google like normal sites are? I often search for individual threads by searching google "site:eso-community.net" plus a part of a thread I want to see but 9 times out of 10 it doesn't come up, and I have to search through my own post history like a fool. Why is this?
There's sand in my teeth
Bolivia tedere12
Jaeger
ESO: Tedere12

25 Nov 2019, 04:03

I always had an easy time tracking down old threads by searching their titles so idk
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 04

25 Nov 2019, 04:06

tedere12 wrote:I always had an easy time tracking down old threads by searching their titles so idk

Well it's something I do multiple times a day so I feel like I have more experience with it
There's sand in my teeth
No Flag 91
Dragoon
Donator 01

25 Nov 2019, 06:33

Please provide some specific example threads and what you searched for that didn't work
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: mr_bramboy

25 Nov 2019, 13:25

It works fine for me. The bigger question is why you're searching for old posts of yourself multiple times a day :hmm:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 04

25 Nov 2019, 13:30

Mr_Bramboy wrote:It works fine for me. The bigger question is why you're searching for old posts of yourself multiple times a day :hmm:

I like posts
There's sand in my teeth
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 04

25 Nov 2019, 14:55

When I search the word "thanksgiving" on this site it doesn't come up with my old early thankfulness thread or my most recent one. What gives? #censorship (I know it's not actually censorship that's a joke, but I seriously want to know what is causing this problem)
There's sand in my teeth
No Flag 91
Dragoon
Donator 01

25 Nov 2019, 15:05

When I searched "fightinfrenchman thanksgiving" (without site:esoc) I find this as the third result https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php ... 156&t=8334

If I search only "thanksgiving" on site:esoc I can't find it, but some other results pop up. Either way doesn't seem to me it's a problem on esoc side since google does find it. Maybe google filter it out

Searching for the actual title, or words of the title seems to be the most effective (thanksgiving is not in the title, but in the copy), so "thankfulness" works fine
No Flag harcha
Skirmisher

25 Nov 2019, 15:26

well i remember when searching "pr0n" on google gave you endless pages of content, now it's only like 200 results. i feel like they have optimized themselves out of actually doing real searches
Romania Dolan
Jaeger

29 Nov 2019, 14:39

@harcha They have optimised to shilling their own shit or of companies that pay them for ads placement. If the product is free, you're the product. :maniac:
I love good randomness; highly addictive.

Forum Info

Return to “Site Suggestions”