ESOC Pro Team

Why can't I reply to any of the Beta [x] discussion threads

Post by Kawapasaka »

European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Re: Why can't I reply to any of the Beta [x] discussion threads

Post by scarm »

To this end, I've set up a public read-only forum, to which a substantial number of players will be invited to post and vote in.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Ah okay I assumed it was only staff or something then I saw Peachrocks post and I thought my esoc was brooken. I just saw a bunch of the threads in the active sidebar and didn't realise it was a separate forum.
I need to learn2read mods please delete thread
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

If it's anything I can't post in them

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

FeelsNoobMan
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
European Union scarm
Howdah

Post by scarm »

For real lol?
European Union scarm
Howdah

Post by scarm »

edit: well i guess that issue has been resolved.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Apparently I will be added to it. Not sure why they asked me if I'm interested before adding me lol.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

@Kawapasaka @scarm @Riotcoke The EP7 Beta Forum is invite-only for posting and voting, and public read-only. It is essentially a revival of the EP team, while also more being casual and inclusive, and far more transparent than any EP testing iteration has ever been. The purpose is to stimulate high-level discussion, without excluding the everyday player from what is going on with the ESOC Patch.

Invitations were sent to high-level players and folks conducive to the patch's health, and I am in charge of adding their permissions to the forum. Please excuse the small delay between which players accept the invitation and I am able to grant them their permissions - I am from NA, it was 1 AM, and I was asleep. Everything should be in order now. Let me know if you have any more quesitons!
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Makes sense but I don't think they should be displayed on the active sidebar. Too confusing for less avid forum members and might turn them off the site.
Also on that topic I think Zoom should have some sort of indicator on his profile like the various staff members do (media team, maps team, etc.) because when I first started browsing here it took me like 2 months to figure out he was in charge of the patch.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Cometk wrote:@Kawapasaka @scarm @Riotcoke The EP7 Beta Forum is invite-only for posting and voting, and public read-only. It is essentially a revival of the EP team, while also more being casual and inclusive, and far more transparent than any EP testing iteration has ever been. The purpose is to stimulate high-level discussion, without excluding the everyday player from what is going on with the ESOC Patch.

Invitations were sent to high-level players and folks conducive to the patch's health, and I am in charge of adding their permissions to the forum. Please excuse the small delay between which players accept the invitation and I am able to grant them their permissions - I am from NA, it was 1 AM, and I was asleep. Everything should be in order now. Let me know if you have any more quesitons!
I'm sure Cometk didn't intend to imply that you aren't "conducive to the patch's health" (regardless of its meaning).

I considered making the Beta forum entirely public, but I think that would reduce high-level player participation, and result in a less focused discussion, overall. I decided to make the forum entirely transparent, instead, and will continue to read all of the EP threads, outside of it, too.

Thank you for your understanding!
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

good job zoi, keep it up
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Kawapasaka wrote:Makes sense but I don't think they should be displayed on the active sidebar. Too confusing for less avid forum members and might turn them off the site.
Also on that topic I think Zoom should have some sort of indicator on his profile like the various staff members do because when I first started browsing here it took me like 2 months to figure out he was in charge of the patch.
Good points. We've been discussing both, already. The latter is being addressed, and the former might be changed, soon.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Also, I should have mentioned:

More players may be invited to post in the Beta forum, in the future. Like the changes, the invitee list is by no means set in stone. I've only so much knowledge of users, and I've only included the ones I know for sure I want to invite, to start with. You could argue there are a few exceptions, in terms of skill level (ideally, I were the worst player with posting rights; the irony is deliciously irresistable), but I'd simply invoke #ESOCprivilege.