Mid level player section

United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Mid level player section

Post by noissance »

Hello, guys and gals

I would like to propose a section or thread on this site for mid level players (corporal-lt.) Level. Sure, all the pro players have mad skills, but going from pr 0 to 30+ is too much of a jump. I enjoyed btm and interjection's gameplay, which is good but not high level. I just think getting to mid level first is an easier goal than going from 0 to top players.

Thanks,
Noissance
Error 404: Signature not found
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Mid level player section

Post by gibson »

I would consider mid level to be more like pr20-30 not pr 11-24
Jaeger
Donator 01

Mid level player section

Post by noissance »

gibson wrote:I would consider mid level to be more like pr20-30 not pr 11-24

then are anyone below that classified as "noobs"?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Mid level player section

Post by gibson »

noissance wrote:

Yup. No offense to lower level players, but recently playing on a pr18 account I realized how much players that level dont understand the game. Im Sure high level players would classify anyone lower then pr30 or so as noobs.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Mid level player section

Post by yoqpasa »

noissance wrote:
LOL, anyone lower than pr 11 is not a noob, is a huge noob.

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Mid level player section

Post by thebritish »

0-13=tier 5
14-22=tier 4
23-28=tier 3
29-37=tier 2
38+ is tier 1
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Mid level player section

Post by Dolan »

I would say from first lieut they start getting decent. But if you ask high level players they will say anything below colonel is noob.
So, it depends a lot whom you ask. From a competitive player's point of view anything except top players are noobs. But not everyone wants to play competitively (either because of lack of time or simply because they have better things to do with their lives).
Jaeger
Donator 01

Mid level player section

Post by noissance »

yoqpasa wrote:
noissance wrote: then are anyone below that classified as "noobs"?
LOL, anyone lower than pr 11 is ?not a noob, is a huge noob.

I meant below his version of mid level
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Mid level player section

Post by DivineFire »

thebritish wrote:0-13=tier 5
14-22=tier 4
23-28=tier 3
29-37=tier 2
38+ is tier 1
These aren''t really correct as the upper tiers are way too big. PR 29 players would likely struggle when playing with or against PR 37 players, same with pr 14 and 22.
Taunt 3
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Mid level player section

Post by gibson »

divinefire wrote:
14-22=tier 4
23-28=tier 3
29-37=tier 2
38+ is tier 1
These arent really correct as the upper tiers are way too big. PR 29 players would likely struggle when playing with or against PR 37 players, same with pr 14 and 22.

Yea he tends to make things up and type them because he thinks they sound good
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Mid level player section

Post by DivineFire »

My tier list would be:
0-13
14-20
21-25
26-31
32+
(As people within these bounds tend to be able to play with each other without some being too good and some being too weak.
Taunt 3
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Mid level player section

Post by Dolan »

Yeah. I think there are two main barriers: one is at around 1st lieutenant level and the next one is around PR30ish. Few pass the 1st lieut barrier and even fewer pass the colonel barrier.
Jaeger
Donator 01

Mid level player section

Post by noissance »

My point is that I want to se like see content from 11-25 pr, and not "Fanpatch PR0 UB3R STRATEF1EZZ!!!" That an average player cant pull off or has little time to play/practice.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Mid level player section

Post by thebritish »

divinefire wrote:
14-22=tier 4
23-28=tier 3
29-37=tier 2
38+ is tier 1
These arent really correct as the upper tiers are way too big. PR 29 players would likely struggle when playing with or against PR 37 players, same with pr 14 and 22.
they will struggle of course,(Pr 14 vs 22 and 29 vs 37), but i gave an example of the skill in 5 tiers.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Mid level player section

Post by DivineFire »

thebritish wrote:
divinefire wrote:These arent really correct as the upper tiers are way too big. PR 29 players would likely struggle when playing with or against PR 37 players, same with pr 14 and 22.
they will struggle of course,(Pr 14 vs 22 and 29 vs 37), but i gave an example of the skill in 5 tiers.
I get the feeling youre that one guy on every forum that thinks he knows everything but actually knows nothing... But responds to every single post anyway.
Taunt 3
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Mid level player section

Post by DivineFire »

noissance wrote:My point is that I want to se like see content from 11-25 pr, and not "Fanpatch PR0 UB3R STRATEF1EZZ!!!" That an average player cant pull off or has little time to play/practice.
Hmm, I did find this difficult myself around that PR, there really aren''t any builds or content posted here that would help people of that level improve. Sure there are plenty of builds around but for most of them the technical skill required is very very high.
Taunt 3
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Mid level player section

Post by DivineFire »

I'm really not sure what the solution could be. An interesting idea though.
Taunt 3
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Mid level player section

Post by thebritish »

because now aoe3 is hardly any good with lots of players and nobody near PR50,
i think the tiers would be:

0-10=Tier 5
11-16=tier 4
17-23=tier 3
24-28=tier 2
29-34=tier 1
35+ is for players who are competiting in games and winning (tournaments) and are among top 4/8 everytime depending on the competition.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Mid level player section

Post by momuuu »

Somewhere between 20-25 players tend to reach the point where they think about strategies, execute decent - good builds and have okay mechanics. Everything tends to be decent at like the captain level. Above that, I'm not sure, just better strategies and better micro. But that's definitely where there's a big divide in players. A captain could 'compete' with a decent player and ocasionally give good games, but someone like a master sergeant will just get absolutely stomped by a captain like all the time. Its probably the biggest difference in skill in the game.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Mid level player section

Post by gibson »

divinefire wrote:
thebritish wrote:they will struggle of course,(Pr 14 vs 22 and 29 vs 37), but i gave an example of the skill in 5 tiers.
I get the feeling youre that one guy on every forum that thinks he knows everything but actually knows nothing... But responds to every single post anyway.

you hit the nail on the head
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Mid level player section

Post by EAGLEMUT »

noissance wrote:My point is that I want to se like see content from 11-25 pr, and not "Fanpatch PR0 UB3R STRATEF1EZZ!!!" That an average player cant pull off or has little time to play/practice.
If you want to see some mid-level gameplay, I can shamelessly recommend my own channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Eaglemut93
I also want to be streaming more live in the future if you''re into that:
http://www.twitch.tv/eaglemut

I''m a very mid-level player in both supremacy and treaty, currently on pr ~22. Should be what you''re looking for.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Mid level player section

Post by purplesquid »

dolan wrote:Yeah. I think there are two main barriers: one is at around 1st lieutenant level and the next one is around PR30ish. Few pass the 1st lieut barrier and even fewer pass the colonel barrier.
I agree with this assessment. It is relatively easy to get the MS/2nd Lt but making that jump to 1st is really hard. I can not personally vouch for the colonel barrier but I will let you know when I get there. . .
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Mid level player section

Post by DivineFire »

purplesquid wrote:
dolan wrote:Yeah. I think there are two main barriers: one is at around 1st lieutenant level and the next one is around PR30ish. Few pass the 1st lieut barrier and even fewer pass the colonel barrier.
I agree with this assessment. It is relatively easy to get the MS/2nd Lt but making that jump to 1st is really hard. I can not personally vouch for the colonel barrier but I will let you know when I get there. . .
Id have to agree as well, there is definitely a barrier around 1st lt. I believe its because all of the builds and cards and play styles you thought were good suddenly arent anymore. Basically the game shifts from either "rush as hard as we fucking can balls to the walls" or the polar opposite of that being "ignore everything as much as we can and just boom to imperial and dont fight until we have every fucking thing upgraded as far as we can (ugh)" to the tactical, timing based game we all know and love.
Taunt 3
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Mid level player section

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Imo 0-25 is beginner
25-30 middle level
30-35 good player
35+ very good player
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Mid level player section

Post by momuuu »

Diarougha, that division is useless. You have one catergory with like 80% of the community and one with 5% if not less.