Greece BrookG
ESOC Community Team
ESO: BrookG

11 Jun 2018, 11:35

Can you guys pin this BO in the iro section? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13279&p=281134
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme

11 Jun 2018, 11:53

Does it deserve to be in the strategy wall though? :P
"Everyone knows that blowing infantry to shreds with heavy cannons is the most satisfying way to win." Boneng
Greece BrookG
ESOC Community Team
ESO: BrookG

11 Jun 2018, 12:14

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Does it deserve to be in the strategy wall though? :P

I don't know, does it? Is there any semi-FF BO for iro on the wall?
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme

11 Jun 2018, 12:29

Well I'd say that it is quite incomplete, also inaccurate sometimes.
Anyway, it's not my job to judge whether a "strat" deserves to be on the wall or not so I don't know.
"Everyone knows that blowing infantry to shreds with heavy cannons is the most satisfying way to win." Boneng
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

11 Jun 2018, 19:38

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Well I'd say that it is quite incomplete, also inaccurate sometimes.
Anyway, it's not my job to judge whether a "strat" deserves to be on the wall or not so I don't know.

I have 3 posts on the strategy wall so the bar is not exactly high.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Great Britain chris1089
Musketeer
ESO: chris1089

26 Jun 2018, 12:04

Many strategy guides have been made about how to play a country or how to execute a build order. I have found many of these to be very useful.

I was wondering if someone could write a guide as to how to play against Sioux. For example, playing against Japan has quite a different style which generally includes high siege units to clear shrines, a techy approach to winning and perhaps spies to kill the explorers. I have seen top players, particularly Umeu comes to mind right now say "people don't know how to play against Sioux", "people don't know how to play Sioux." I remember playing a game, from what I considered almost perfectly and getting absolutely smashed by attack dance bow riders in mid fortress. Could someone enlighten me, and I'm sure many others, as to the playstyle required against Sioux on both EP5 and RE?
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme

26 Jun 2018, 12:23

chris1089 wrote:Many strategy guides have been made about how to play a country or how to execute a build order. I have found many of these to be very useful.

I was wondering if someone could write a guide as to how to play against Sioux. For example, playing against Japan has quite a different style which generally includes high siege units to clear shrines, a techy approach to winning and perhaps spies to kill the explorers. I have seen top players, particularly Umeu comes to mind right now say "people don't know how to play against Sioux", "people don't know how to play Sioux." I remember playing a game, from what I considered almost perfectly and getting absolutely smashed by attack dance bow riders in mid fortress. Could someone enlighten me, and I'm sure many others, as to the playstyle required against Sioux on both EP5 and RE?

Well I'm not going to write a guide, but in my opinion the best way to beat Sioux is to either rush and take a lead in early game (that's viable on the RE, not sure you can do it on the EP with teepees and buffed infantry), or you can turtle super hard (which is what I like to do).
In the 2nd case you just want to boom, make ranged units (skirm/goon, though you'll need some melee units to tank later in the game), and just NEVER push.
Literally never. Even with the EP eco buff, every civ but otto should outboom Sioux, and with walls everywhere on the map, you should also hold any age3 timing.
Then you want to get a big army and get to the 4th age, because although Sioux units are scary in age 3, they aren't that much in age 4.
After this you just want to play a late game with better eco and better units.

To sum up the key rules are
1) Never push
2)Build walls everywhere
3) Go late game ie unit upgrades, make eco, and make a quality army

This is a bit too simple of course, and this might not work vs a top Sioux player (eventhough the principles still stand), but it will against any pr35-. On big TP maps however it's a bit harder.
Great Britain Hazza54321
Jaeger

26 Jun 2018, 12:32

Its a diarouga build so it works perfectly
Diarouga: How exactly am I arrogant
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

26 Jun 2018, 13:10

Just keep in mind that your wall base has to have enough space for all mills+plantations.
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme

26 Jun 2018, 13:35

I didn't say wall your base, I said wall the map, which is different.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

26 Jun 2018, 13:40

Just wanted to add that here.
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme

26 Jun 2018, 13:47

Well I don't care, that's not what I recommended.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

26 Jun 2018, 15:13

tf is your problem?
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
ESO: Gendarme

26 Jun 2018, 15:15

Walls
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things