I recently rewatched some Tournament finals of the past and was very upset when i saw people play Ottomans as a counter to Spanish FF, massing Janissary with the well known "700f 600f 5jan 3huss" all in build. I'm going to explain why this build is trash and you should no longer do it, and follow mine
stats to consider doing the "old" 700f 600f 5jan 3huss build:
1 TP, no Market, 2 Barracks.
6:10 20 Janissaries produced
6:25 25 Janissaries produced (5 Jan from HC included)
further production is hard because you don't have eco supporting you. You might get batches of 4-6 Jans out.
It's pretty obvious why this build isn't what you actually wanna be doing, because of how much your economy suffers. Basically when your army dies, game is over. I want to guide you throw how to produce 30 Janissaries in 6:25 and have an actual economy supporting you!
I have recorded the game against AI, you can watch it. But for those who like reading im going to write it down.
HC Shipments order:
3 vill -> 700w -> 700f -> 5jan -> etc.
- BO can be done with any starting crates, you might not get out 30 at 6:25 though if you start with less crates or don't find any treasures (maybe 27-29)
- I have taken 50 gold and 80 food treasures which i think is legit for a regular game.
- Game played on ESOC-Patch, map High Plains
AGE I (HC Shipment 3 Vill):
Build a TP and a house and age up with 400 wood asap. Simple.
Gather 200 wood and build a 2nd TP, move 2 settlers forward (hide them if possible). Put 2-4 Settlers on coin, to be able to produce Jans, rest on food.
AGE II (HC Shipments 700w 700f 5jan):
After you hit age 2, first build a Barracks and then upgrade stage coach from your 400 age-up wood.
When 700 wood arrives, you build another Barracks, a 3rd TP and 3 houses. Note: If map doesn't offer a third TP or you want to add Hussar you can get a stable or market up, etc.
When Stage Coach is upgraded immediately switch them to coin and later to food or wood, whatever you need.
Ding ding, victory is yours.
- Put 3-4 Settlers on your 700 food crates, you don't wanna run out of food when massing Jans
- When playing against Spanish ff, you shouldn't run in 10 by 10, mass up to at least 20, then attack. Get down Tower first, then TC.
- Note: in my replay i could only mass 28 Janissaries at 6:22, with better macro however it would be 30. I didn't want to record again though.
- why does it work although you build your 2nd rax later? because you build a 2nd TP during transition, you immediately have 2 Shipments ready after age up and get your 5 Janissary shipment approx. 30 seconds before you'd get them with the 700f-600f build.
Thanks for reading, looking forward to reactions / questions / discussion.
Edit: Referring to this game (LordRaphael vs _H2o):