Indians: Port Consulate FI

European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Indians: Port Consulate FI

Post by Theodore »

Has anyone ever tried a consulate start as India (+ Portuguese Cons + cheaper age up?) While it is standard for Japan, I have never used or seen anyone using it for India. I think I have only seen @Aizamk using it for an FI with India...

In theory the faster age up could be quite useful as India likes to put on early pressure.
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Re: Indians: Consulate Start with Portuguese?

Post by supernapoleon »

I think you cannot afford it since you need all of your wood to produce vills.
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

I don't think it's good idea to build it early, you have to gather more wood for -120f. Maybe build it, if you really want to send the fishing boats. (*not recommended) If you want to consulate rush the British 10% hp is better. Otto is more flexible to defend with mm, send huss or boom with vills.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Not good, it only saves 120f while with Jap you have the shrine discount.
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

So Japan does it more or less anyway for the shrines and the reduction for the wonder is more of a side effect?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Yes.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

also you have to chop a max of 107 wood for it, sometimes only 7, the the wonder discount alone makes it close to being worth it and after you build a shrine or two its paid off. With india you have to gather 200 extra wood and dont build enough buildings for it to be worth while.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

Yeah..
And India is one of the slowest aging civs, so anything that will make them age even slower is a big downside
Image Image
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

How does Portuguese consulate affect shrines?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Imperial Noob wrote:How does Portuguese consulate affect shrines?

Wood discount? They cost 107w instead of 125w.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah it's too slow, and also you'll pay a full 100 export to ally to ports, instead of waiting for the 300 export card and ally for only 25 export. It's fine for japs because they usually get extra export from aging up so they don't really need to ship 300 export, and also because the jap consulate is way inferior to the indian one. But as india it sucks a bit, you wanna keep the export to ally to otto and brits, not ports
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

Thanks for all the responses; it seems quite clear that a consulate start is not a good thing for India. A 200w investment for saving 120f is just not worth it.

When it comes to later ages: Might it be interesting to use the Port Consulate to age to Fortress or Industrial? Usually you have the consulate + 300export anyway after 7mins. When ageing to Fortress, you save 180f and 150g, when ageing to Industrial you save 300f and 180g. At least on paper this seems worth it. Has someone used it in this context? It might still be that Otto consulate + 4 vills is the better option anyway ecowise, but maybe the age up time gets faster with Port consulate?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Theodore wrote:Thanks for all the responses; it seems quite clear that a consulate start is not a good thing for India. A 200w investment for saving 120f is just not worth it.

When it comes to later ages: Might it be interesting to use the Port Consulate to age to Fortress or Industrial? Usually you have the consulate + 300export anyway after 7mins. When ageing to Fortress, you save 180f and 150g, when ageing to Industrial you save 300f and 180g. At least on paper this seems worth it. Has someone used it in this context? It might still be that Otto consulate + 4 vills is the better option anyway ecowise, but maybe the age up time gets faster with Port consulate?

I'd rather go for the French consulate and 500c/500w and the 5% eco boost :D
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Theodore wrote:Thanks for all the responses; it seems quite clear that a consulate start is not a good thing for India. A 200w investment for saving 120f is just not worth it.

it doesnt reduce coin costs. only wood and food.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Re: Indians: Port Consulate

Post by duckzilla »

I usually have a simple rule of thumb for Indian consulate.
1) Start with Ottomans to send villagers (higher LOS is also nice to spot raids)
2) Switch to Ports when hitting age III for cheaper TC/houses/etc. and potentially cheaper mills/plantations
3) Switch to France for the rest of the game for nice cavalry and eco boost.

No idea whether this is optimal, but it is simple at least.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

duckzilla wrote:I usually have a simple rule of thumb for Indian consulate.
1) Start with Ottomans to send villagers (higher LOS is also nice to spot raids)
2) Switch to Ports when hitting age III for cheaper TC/houses/etc. and potentially cheaper mills/plantations
3) Switch to France for the rest of the game for nice cavalry and eco boost.

No idea whether this is optimal, but it is simple at least.

Well it's not really good :P.
You have 3 options.
1) Start with otto for vills and mm or huss and then switch to brit for the rest of the game
2) Start with France for the wood and coin crates and then switch to brit
3) Start with brit for the musks and don't switch

The brit consulate is really the most interesting in the long run as it makes your units stronger, which is more relevant than the 5% eco boost.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Real pros go GFA 300export and use all 4
oranges.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

start with port consulate and go FF 3TC asap. you don't really need 4 vills.
at least it works well in team games (especially in EP due to 500w TC).
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yes gfa export for French crates than otto vils than port boats than end in brit
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

I have tried a few games with an fast Industrial including GFA + Port cons:
Small wood trickle; TP in transition (+ lifestock treasures on GP); GFA; 300export (French consulate= gold + wood crate => Port consulate for cheaper Industrial + TC => Brit consulate once in Industrial); big wood trickle; 1000g; Urumi.
It felt quite fast, I got to Industrial at around 11:30 / 12:00 mins latest, economy ok-ish. Has anyone compared that to a "standard" FI without GFA?
Brazil Youssef
Skirmisher
ESO: Youssef2709

Post by Youssef »

I don't think its fast enough to worth ur build. Comparing to aztec FI, 1 min faster and u have warriors warhut and extra card to defend yourself before reach industrial.

Theodore wrote:I have tried a few games with an fast Industrial including GFA + Port cons:
Small wood trickle; TP in transition (+ lifestock treasures on GP); GFA; 300export (French consulate= gold + wood crate => Port consulate for cheaper Industrial + TC => Brit consulate once in Industrial); big wood trickle; 1000g; Urumi.
It felt quite fast, I got to Industrial at around 11:30 / 12:00 mins latest, economy ok-ish. Has anyone compared that to a "standard" FI without GFA?
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Re: Indians: Port Consulate FI

Post by Theodore »

I meant an Indian "standard" FI, where you go small wood trickle; big wood trickle / 600w / 300ex; 600coin; 1000 coin

That azzy probably has a better FI is not in doubt ^^
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

sorry to bump this thread, but better than make a new post. I have been doing port consulate at start recently on team Decan games. You start with like 4-500 wood and it seems to work well with starting food on agues time as well. I typically age up the same time as everyone else with karni even with many vil on wood. I usually make my military buildings, a couple more houses, market sometimes sacred field if i got a lot of cows, and then switch to otto for vil. Idk if its a nooby build but i like it. What do you think
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Pretty nooby. Worst thing is that you'll spend 200w (although thats like semi okay on deccan but just get a TP instead) and 100 export for 120f. Once aged up you want to Otto cons anyway and port cons is basically useless, especially in comparison.
Even French cons gives you 1k res which will take forever for port cons.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

yemshi wrote:Pretty nooby. Worst thing is that you'll spend 200w (although thats like semi okay on deccan but just get a TP instead) and 100 export for 120f. Once aged up you want to Otto cons anyway and port cons is basically useless, especially in comparison.
Even French cons gives you 1k res which will take forever for port cons.

Yeah, I guess when you think about what you save on the market, a couple houses, a rax etc.... its not even equal to the 200 wood for the cons, but since you are building a cons eventually anyway and since you have the extra wood on deccan why not take advantage of it? It seems to give me a really good boom. Then again agra is a huge strength in team games, it just seems like Karni is so much better with the resource packed base you start with