India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

07 Sep 2019, 15:20

How to deal with stupid china cover mode monk as fr. In early fortress fr have to go for skirm goon and that stupid cover mode makes it useless what do i do.
Canada dansil92
Lancer
ESO: dansil92

07 Sep 2019, 15:32

Shikari wrote:How to deal with stupid china cover mode monk as fr. In early fortress fr have to go for skirm goon and that stupid cover mode makes it useless what do i do.

Cover mode doesn't change damage taken from melee or siege damage. Falconets, or melee cav, even halbs in a pinch, will do just fine.

(You don't have to skirm-goon bot as France, you can train skirm-huss-goon, and vet them- they are more cost effective early)
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT

07 Sep 2019, 15:50

dansil92 wrote:Cover mode doesn't change damage taken from melee or siege damage. Falconets, or melee cav, even halbs in a pinch, will do just fine.

This is incorrect; cover mode grants extra 50% siege resist just like it adds 50% range resist.
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Canada dansil92
Lancer

07 Sep 2019, 15:51

EAGLEMUT wrote:
dansil92 wrote:Cover mode doesn't change damage taken from melee or siege damage. Falconets, or melee cav, even halbs in a pinch, will do just fine.

This is incorrect; cover mode grants extra 50% siege resist just like it adds 50% range resist.

IT WHAT
No Flag Imperial Noob
Lancer

07 Sep 2019, 16:35

so a cover mode dopp can tank a falconet shot?
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
ESO: Riotcoke

07 Sep 2019, 17:11

Yeah cover mode is all ranged and siege damage, so strong melee inf can tank a falc shot
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
Canada dansil92
Lancer

07 Sep 2019, 17:32

So cover mode skull knights... take 2... falconet shots... like its nothing?
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Musketeer
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari

09 Sep 2019, 08:26

*rubs hands* muahahahaha!
First get to Age 4, then complain about Bulgaria :hehe:
United States of America occamslightsaber
Skirmisher
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

09 Sep 2019, 09:19

Shikari wrote:How to deal with stupid china cover mode monk as fr. In early fortress fr have to go for skirm goon and that stupid cover mode makes it useless what do i do.

Here is an official response to your complaint/question from the Chinese monk himself.

"I lost the battle at five o'clock, but I won it back again at seven!" - Napoleon
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Musketeer
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari

09 Sep 2019, 12:36

Dragoons are mobile, you can reposition them so that they attackmove the units instead of the Monk.
First get to Age 4, then complain about Bulgaria :hehe:
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

11 Sep 2019, 22:09

Manually task your units onto your opponent's until you have a large enough skirm mass to focus the monk down.
My first post, circa March 2015 :blush:
Papist wrote:@frycookofdoom. WTF are you talking about? There is no need for AoE to become a StarCraft rip-off. I sincerly doubt a historical game would attract the science fiction crowd anyways.
Bolivia tedere12
Jaeger
ESO: Tedere12

11 Sep 2019, 22:36

Yeah just stop focusing the monk and ignore him, focus other units.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

11 Sep 2019, 23:50

it's basically impossible to ignore the monk when it's mixed with other units. I'd say your best chance is to pick him off before the battle start if he has it in front. You're gonna lose some units for it but that's essentially a cheap cost to get rid of him.

Forum Info

Return to “Strategy”