No idea of it's worth it or not, would also like to hear the answer to this. Getting it in late fortress sounds bad though as there likely aren't many mines left by that point.
harcha wrote:it's a very hard tech.. when do you get it? How do you pronounce it? Question many a streamer has asked...
I thought it was always pronounced A-mal-ge-may-SHUN.
- France has a good eco anyway, better than most civs with steel traps, 4 cdb
- investing 400 res into another eco up seems very greedy, especially on RE where many people play aggressively
- resources are fairly space on RE anyway; do you really want to spend 200 of your food to gather your few nearby mines even faster?
- 200w can be used for many other useful things: 2nd TP, military buildings, vet musks, houses...
I guess it can be worth it if your opponent is full booming or turtling, but even then stagecoach seems often better. You can also get a greater mass instead early on and be more aggressive.
Also, just do the math: if you have like 12 cdb on coin early fortress, amalgamation gives you 2.4 cdb (or 3 vills) for 400 res. Not sure that's so worth it, especially because you also run out of mines faster and become more vulnerable to raids. 2 TP stagecoach in comparison is 800 res (admittedly more wood heavy) for about 8vills. And France will have 1tp already anyway, so more like 600 res (altho stagecoach has its downsides as well ofc).
I’d also rather go for a second TP, but that option is not always available. Adding more houses is fine too, but I think having 90 pop space is a bit overkill for that early in the game, especially when you are constantly losing units. You can also save it in the bank for later use to rebuild stuff, but it’s not like you get interest so it’s best to use it asap. Not sure about a third military building though, since you’ll rarely have the eco to make use of all three. It’s up to you to calculate the opportunity cost for each option and decide on what to do.
Honestly outside of 1000w, I don't really know when you'd get it. In colonial it feels way too greedy, you need the wood for stuff, and the food to age up. Unless you plan on staying colo maybe.
Other than that, I guess you can chop for it in middle fortress at some point. You just need to be sure you'll be able to access enough gold to make it worth the investment.
sirmusket: compare that to ur piece of shit face/height
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
- On a few maps with livestock (like manchuria) if you can afford a livestock pen, you could get a sick eco when eating yaks and having 15 cdbs + with amalgamation gathering gold (you also have 5k gold mine quite safe on Manchuria)
- vs Dutch if you have a stagecoach line, can easily afford 200w on amalgamation at some point. Having your entire eco gathering food and coin with amalgamation and tps on wood is really strong.
Other than that I think it's an upgrade you can afford only if you already have some kind of advantage in the game, otherwise it takes too much time to pay off
Why bow pike when can pike pike - Aiz