Elmeti or Winged Hussars? (Germany)

Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Elmeti or Winged Hussars? (Germany)

Post by Jotunir »

Which is best to have in your deck if you had to pick one? 7 Elmeti for 1000g and a shipment or 10 Winged Hussars (Guard Hussars) for a shipment?
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Re: Elmeti or Winged Hussars? (Germany)

Post by aligator92 »

I think the Hussars. They work well if you FI and need something to protect you from getting right clicked. Also Heavy Cannons can provide all the anti Infantery power you need, so I dont really see use for the Elmeti
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

My problem with Winged hussars shipment is that you cannot upgrade them from guard status. When I send them they are awesome but if the game drags on they start to be less and less useful compared to the Elmeti or even just upgraded Uhlans. That is why I am not convinced about the Hussars.
About Elmeti... well I love them but they are not cheap... 1k gold is too much sometimes.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Aren't winged hussars guard?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Jotunir wrote:you cannot upgrade them from guard status.
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hussars, not even remotely close. No one wants to invest 1000g into a shipment after paying for indus already. And 10 guard huss is just the strongest unit shipment you can get, besides 2 heavies. The fact they aren't upgradable further than guard doesn't matter because it's only 10 of them for a powerspike, not a late game card.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Kaiserklein wrote:Hussars, not even remotely close. No one wants to invest 1000g into a shipment after paying for indus already. And 10 guard huss is just the strongest unit shipment you can get, besides 2 heavies. The fact they aren't upgradable further than guard doesn't matter because it's only 10 of them for a powerspike, not a late game card.
And what about the 8 hackapell's shipment? you can get it an age earlier, although they just seem like more powerful uhlans...
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Jotunir wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Hussars, not even remotely close. No one wants to invest 1000g into a shipment after paying for indus already. And 10 guard huss is just the strongest unit shipment you can get, besides 2 heavies. The fact they aren't upgradable further than guard doesn't matter because it's only 10 of them for a powerspike, not a late game card.
And what about the 8 hackapell's shipment? you can get it an age earlier, although they just seem like more powerful uhlans...
The main point of cavalry is to be tanky. That's why Mamluks are awesome. Hackapells (295 hp) might do a lot of damage, but you already lose two of them before they engage. That's not the case for 10 guard huss, who should have something around 500hp.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

duckzilla wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
The main point of cavalry is to be tanky. That's why Mamluks are awesome. Hackapells (295 hp) might do a lot of damage, but you already lose two of them before they engage. That's not the case for 10 guard huss, who should have something around 500hp.
Well, hackapell's are for raiding and flanking only, not for tanking. They fulfill a different role (similar to Uhlans).
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

Jotunir wrote:
well just ship uhlans for free and make more units for the 1k gold
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hackappels are alright but usually if you're gonna invest into mercs you want either BR (your only real goon) or jaegers because they're pretty good
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..