A Basic Guide to British

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: A Basic Guide to British

Post by deleted_user »

If you have gold treasures in base then market otherwise don't collect the gold and build one manor.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Runtius wrote:I tried it today and i think it is not possible to get 5 manors up in transition?
I got hunting dogs + 95wood treasure, gangsaw and only got up to 60pop and 120 wood...
@Mitoe can you show me a replay?

I normally don't do only manors in transition, so it's possible that the few times I have done it I've gotten lucky. I amended it to 4 - 5 manors instead.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

deleted_user wrote:If you have gold treasures in base then market otherwise don't collect the gold and build one manor.
After which you can still VC, for the record
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Goodspeed wrote:
deleted_user wrote:If you have gold treasures in base then market otherwise don't collect the gold and build one manor.
After which you can still VC, for the record

Blasphemyyyyy
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I just watch callen streams for Brit gameplay

I'm especially impressed by his delete resign
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's a good strat. Should be featured but isn't.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

We've been calling that one the mankle special since 05...
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Zutazuta wrote:We've been calling that one the mankle special since 05...

:mancl:
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Skirmisher
ESO: JulyBurnsOrange

Post by JulyBurnsOrange »

Just wanted to share what i like to do with a good wood start or even vs a slower starting civ like Japan or ports:

On tp map, build that TP and get 3vills and VC and you will still have 700wood ready to ship upon age up to colonial in my experieince and thats aging with 17vill normally.

Keep in mind im only 2nd lieut tho so this might not be great although it works well vs others my skill level :P
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

JulyBurnsOrange wrote:Just wanted to share what i like to do with a good wood start or even vs a slower starting civ like Japan or ports:

On tp map, build that TP and get 3vills and VC and you will still have 700wood ready to ship upon age up to colonial in my experieince and thats aging with 17vill normally.

Keep in mind im only 2nd lieut tho so this might not be great although it works well vs others my skill level :P

A bunch of people do that nowadays and I am a big fan of it aswell. But try to age with 16 vills. Would not recommend it on a 200w start without a big wood treasure.
Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Skirmisher
ESO: JulyBurnsOrange

Post by JulyBurnsOrange »

aligator92 wrote:
JulyBurnsOrange wrote:Just wanted to share what i like to do with a good wood start or even vs a slower starting civ like Japan or ports:

A bunch of people do that nowadays and I am a big fan of it aswell. But try to age with 16 vills. Would not recommend it on a 200w start without a big wood treasure.

Agreed, 200wood start without a 95wood treasure or at least a 60 maybe would take too much time even if you're playing a slow civ
Belgium juliuscaesar007
Musketeer
ESO: juliuscaesar007

Post by juliuscaesar007 »

@Mitoe
Very nice guide! Some toughts maybe :
-there any different things u do or change about ur BO on ep?
-can u go over the matchups plz i feel like it helps alot to know how to play vs a specific civ
-and maybe some esoc maps u think are good for brits
-and maybe a water deck would be cool too :)
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

juliuscaesar007 wrote:Very nice guide! Some toughts maybe :
-there any different things u do or change about ur BO on ep?
-can u go over the matchups plz i feel like it helps alot to know how to play vs a specific civ
-and maybe some esoc maps u think are good for brits

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9535
A very good british guy from a top player
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Post by j_t_kirk »

juliuscaesar007 wrote:-can u go over the matchups plz i feel like it helps alot to know how to play vs a specific civ

MU of the week: British vs Dutch
MU of the week: List with every MU of the week (Only one British MU so far)
ImageImageImage
United States of America Inst
Skirmisher
ESO: Inst

Post by Inst »

Delete resign comes from Command and Conquer, where many players would sell their base when they lost. It probably DOES have an actual use in this game--if you're playing a fast series of tourney matches, and your opponent doesn't have the time to watch the replay, you delete resign so when the game ends, you can see your opponent's disposition, but they have no idea what yours is / was.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Inst wrote:Delete resign comes from Command and Conquer, where many players would sell their base when they lost. It probably DOES have an actual use in this game--if you're playing a fast series of tourney matches, and your opponent doesn't have the time to watch the replay, you delete resign so when the game ends, you can see your opponent's disposition, but they have no idea what yours is / was.

The delete resign has many practical benefits, this being one of many. It's no secret why the best players in the world delete resign when tactically necessary.
Korea South Ochem
Crossbow
ESO: baboom63

Post by Ochem »

@Mitoe
Is the 500f ageup better than the Governor if you're planning to start huss? What I'm thinking is that the extra food would help to finish the batch, you can just gather more coin.

Also if you're going huss it typically means you're not getting rushed, so the tower isn't as important?
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Ochem wrote: ↑
09 Jun 2022, 12:43
@Mitoe
Is the 500f ageup better than the Governor if you're planning to start huss? What I'm thinking is that the extra food would help to finish the batch, you can just gather more coin.
The short answer is yes, I usually go 500f if I plan to make hussars. 500f does make it easier to get that first batch of hussars out, but sometimes the tower is still useful. For example, against Russia you may want to start huss but still need that tower in order to defend.
Korea South Ochem
Crossbow
ESO: baboom63

Post by Ochem »

Vs Russia is it smart to go manor boom? I saw hazza doing that against you in a tournament (he brits and you Russia), but then his base got completely idled by Cossack + strels, especially since he didn't get his stable/barracks up until much later.
No Flag Narida
Musketeer
ESO: Narida

Post by Narida »

I am pretty sure 2 vils and 2 cows is strictly superior to 500f:
1.You get 200f worth of vil
2. the 2 semi fattened cows are worth a couple hundred food as well (not sure about the math, maybe somebody knows)
3. Say you skip training a vil or 2 early age 2 in order to finish your batch of hus, its still better because you get the 2 vils sooner, so they gather another extra 100f or so.
4. Since you take into account the opportunity cost of gathering up the Cows, you need to also take into account the opportunity cost of gathering up the crates, so the 500f is in fact more like 450f
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Ochem wrote: ↑
09 Jun 2022, 12:55
Vs Russia is it smart to go manor boom? I saw hazza doing that against you in a tournament (he brits and you Russia), but then his base got completely idled by Cossack + strels, especially since he didn't get his stable/barracks up until much later.
Usually I don't think you want to be greedy vs Russia. If you have a lot more resources than normal in your base you could consider doing a manor wall + wall pieces, but you have to make sure that wall is closed before Russia has units out. Town Militia might be required to hold in some situations while doing this.
Narida wrote: ↑
09 Jun 2022, 12:55
I am pretty sure 2 vils and 2 cows is strictly superior to 500f:
1.You get 200f worth of vil
2. the 2 semi fattened cows are worth a couple hundred food as well (not sure about the math, maybe somebody knows)
3. Say you skip training a vil or 2 early age 2 in order to finish your batch of hus, its still better because you get the 2 vils sooner, so they gather another extra 100f or so.
2v 2 cow isn't bad, but I wouldn't consider it to be good in situations where you need full batches of hussars right away. The cows gather much slower than crates, and if you have to consider skipping a vill then the benefit seems really minimal.
No Flag Narida
Musketeer
ESO: Narida

Post by Narida »

Idk you need to build your stable anyway so seems like plenty of time to gather them up.