Dutch - Sioux

Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Dutch - Sioux

Post by yemshi »

If I go Age III with dutch I find myself sitting on 2/3 banks and a ton of idled vills because there are 20+ bow riders sitting in my base chilling on their horses and killing my deperate sended military shipments. I also don't have super OP mercs' the best would be 7 Black Riders, but they d?n't help aswell.

If I stay Age II I find myself back with 4 banks+few market ups having skirms which do quite decent vs bow riders. The problem: my pikes just get annihilated by bow riders and my skirms are hiding between my banks hoping for some new pikemen. They'll never come :(
And if I stay Age II then Sioux has no problems aging up and going for Wakina Rifles and annihilating my army a second time.
If you get enough time as Dutch you could go up to fortress and spam ruyters?
They do acctually quite decent vs Bow Riders I feel and I usally go full ruyters caused by the mobility of a sioux army which doesn't allow skirms to catch them. Poor skirms, always loosing.

So what's a decent BO for me?
Is it just my OP micro which lets my pikes commit suicide?
The envoy rush for delay doesn't work aswell (though it's still questionable in general) caused by the Sioux having atleast a blowgunner and a bear or something similar. It slows me down more then I slow down him.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Dutch - Sioux

Post by momuuu »

I think a 10-15 skirm semi ff is decent. Maybe ship some pikes if he has axe riders. I think you can even go 700w first for a maximal eco.

If you manage to age in a somewhat reasonable state, you probably win easily. So I suppose its worth it to invest in a bunch of walls, and a few segments with gates in them so your skirms can stay away from the bow riders as much as possible.
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Dutch - Sioux

Post by musketjr »

yemshi wrote:If I go Age III with dutch I find myself sitting on 2/3 banks and a ton of idled vills because there are 20+ bow riders sitting in my base chilling on their horses and killing my deperate sended military shipments. I also don''t have super OP mercs' the best would be 7 Black Riders, but they d?n''t help aswell.

If I stay Age II I find myself back with 4 banks+few market ups having skirms which do quite decent vs bow riders. The problem: my pikes just get annihilated by bow riders and my skirms are hiding between my banks hoping for some new pikemen. They''ll never come :(
And if I stay Age II then Sioux has no problems aging up and going for Wakina Rifles and annihilating my army a second time.
They do acctually quite decent vs Bow Riders I feel and I usally go full ruyters caused by the mobility of a sioux army which doesn''t allow skirms to catch them. Poor skirms, always loosing.

So what''s a decent BO for me?
The envoy rush for delay doesn''t work aswell (though it''s still questionable in general) caused by the Sioux having atleast a blowgunner and a bear or something similar. It slows me down more then I slow down him.

honestly this patch just has a number of imbalances and it''s not really worth playing vs sioux
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Dutch - Sioux

Post by WickedCossack »

Only play this MU on berry maps cause you need them to gather food safely !

5-10 skirm 4 bank semi with a full wall I think is the best option. Eat berries, push out to claim regions of the map with huge ruyter/skirm mass.

Gotta full wall in this MU I'm afraid or you get rekt.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Dutch - Sioux

Post by momuuu »

hmm, maybe a naked FF could be decent in this match up? Never tried it, just speculating if maybe a classic mr milo FF or something is so fast that you can easily get fortress.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Dutch - Sioux

Post by zoom »

musketjr wrote:
yemshi wrote:If I go Age III with dutch I find myself sitting on 2/3 banks and a ton of idled vills because there are 20+ bow riders sitting in my base chilling on their horses and killing my deperate sended military shipments. I also dont have super OP mercs' the best would be 7 Black Riders, but they d?nt help aswell.

If I stay Age II I find myself back with 4 banks+few market ups having skirms which do quite decent vs bow riders. The problem: my pikes just get annihilated by bow riders and my skirms are hiding between my banks hoping for some new pikemen. Theyll never come :(
They do acctually quite decent vs Bow Riders I feel and I usally go full ruyters caused by the mobility of a sioux army which doesnt allow skirms to catch them. Poor skirms, always loosing.

So whats a decent BO for me?
The envoy rush for delay doesnt work aswell (though its still questionable in general) caused by the Sioux having atleast a blowgunner and a bear or something similar. It slows me down more then I slow down him.
honestly this patch just has a number of imbalances and its not really worth playing vs sioux
On the positive side of things, you have Banks and walls.