Sacred field on Manchuria

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Thx.
Great work, it will be very helpfull. Actually I never thought about building a sacred field instead of a TP.
Btw, what about the sacred field shipment, I guess it isn't worth.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

diarouga wrote:Thx.
Great work, it will be very helpfull. Actually I never thought about building a sacred field instead of a TP.
Btw, what about the sacred field shipment, I guess it isn''t worth.
Hey sure, I just deleted the post because I realized I made a little mistake in how long the 50w would take to pay off, so I just deleted it until I fix my mistake before everyone goes all apeshit
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Here is my original post again. I realized it takes roughly 10 minutes for the 50w to pay off, but with more than 7 yaks it's faster
Since ESO servers were down I took some time to calculate weather it's worth it to build a sacred field on Manchuria. My conclusion was that it is better to build a sacred field than a TP if you have 7 or more yaks.

Here is how I calculated this:

With a stopwatch, I found the following:

Yak xp = 5/49 xp/s
Yak on field xp = 25/81 xp/s
TP line xp (1 TP line on the map) = 4/3 xp/s
TP line xp (2 TP lines on the map) = 41/33 xp/s

If you have x number of yaks and build a TP, your total income of xp per second will be = x * (5/49) +4/3 (This is for the "1 TP line on map" TP)
If you have x number of yaks and build a sacred field, your total income of xp per second will be = x * (25/81)
To find when these lines will cross, set both expressions equal to each other. This gives an x value of about 6.5

If you repeat this for the "2 TP lines on map" TP, you get an x value slightly higher than 6.

A sacred field is easier to defend than a TP, but the only disadvantage is that you can't upgrade a sacred field to stagecoach.

There is the issue that a sacred field costs 250w and a TP costs 200w, but the 50w difference will pay itself in very roughly 10 minute with 7 yaks, and even faster with more yaks. If someone is interested I can post the calculation for this too, but I didn't since it's not a big deal.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

And about the sacred field upgrade, I haven't calculated it but it sounds really bad, I think its 125g 125w for 25% more xp
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Try this on Mongolia.
I hate this map. I always have headache from this F****** noise the cows have to do when they get found.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Nerpio used to send (or build) a sacred field on Mongolia. It's pretty effective and way cheaper than building TPs.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

7 or more yaks the sacred feild is better than TP.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

ovi12 wrote:And about the sacred field upgrade, I haven''t calculated it but it sounds really bad, I think its 125g 125w for 25% more xp
Clearly it''s great in the long run. Money can''t buy you XP generally...
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

zoom wrote:
ovi12 wrote:And about the sacred field upgrade, I havent calculated it but it sounds really bad, I think its 125g 125w for 25% more xp
Clearly its great in the long run. Money cant buy you XP generally...
Its probably greatER in the short run and in the long run to build a TP instead of that upgrade
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Absolutely. After you cannot build any more TPs, it's great.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

shaolinstar wrote:Nerpio used to send (or build) a sacred field on Mongolia. It''s pretty effective and way cheaper than building TPs.
This avatar...
Taunt 15
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

reminds me of those aroti myth god colloseum, good memories
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

wickedcossack wrote:7 or more yaks the sacred feild is better than TP.

Except that a tp and 7 yaks is better than the field alone with yaks. My reasoning is usually, i can can get xp both from the yaks and tp while saving 50w, which is a big deal. Then a bit later when xp is harder to come by but u have wood in excess, add the field and upgrade it

Ovi i think xp for tp line should be closer to 1 xp/s. Pretty sure generally oit takes as many secs for a cart to pass as is shown on the tp, give or take a few secs because of the appearing reappearing
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

nice post
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

mnogud wrote:nice post
nice post.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:

Except that a tp and 7 yaks is better than the field alone with yaks. My reasoning is usually, i can can get xp both from the yaks and tp while saving 50w, which is a big deal. Then a bit later when xp is harder to come by but u have wood in excess, add the field and upgrade it

Ovi i think xp for tp line should be closer to 1 xp/s. Pretty sure generally oit takes as many secs for a cart to pass as is shown on the tp, give or take a few secs because of the appearing reappearing
Well the 50w takes roughly 10 minutes to pay off with 7 yaks on it, and less time with more, but sometimes when youre doing H2os full boom build its nice to have even a little better eco. For the TP line I used a stopwatch and saw when the cart passed by, Im pretty sure WP have 1 xp per sec and TP was always a little more.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

YAKADARA
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

zoom wrote:
mnogud wrote:nice post
nice post.
Very nice post.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

diarouga wrote:
zoom wrote:nice post.
Very nice post.
VERY NICE, I LIKE
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

ovi12 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Very nice post.
VERY NICE, I LIKE
OP
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

for travois it's 1.2/s, stagecoach 2.0, and iron 2.4/s. I really like ATP tho with certain civ (as russ/spain/otto/port) and maps like GL,NE,pata etc . always op to steal enemy's tp with atp, and the time most ppl would spend trying to kill those tp makes it worth it imo
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

you have to consider xp varies depending on the diff trade routes on diff maps tho
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

umeu wrote:

7 yaks on sacred field = 2.1 xp/sec
7 yaks + tp = 0.7 xp sec + about 1.25 xp/sec = 1.95 xp/sec

So sacred field is better from 7 animals and on. It does cost more tho, but it is a real trcikle of xp while tp grants it in bounties.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

As does SF iirc.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Sacred field is a trickle and mosque is too I think. The +25 exp thing is just visual. Same for any herdables captured.
Image Image Image