Indian Starter Pack for the Beginner Elifent

Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Re: Indian Starter Pack for the Beginner Elifent

Post by WickedCossack »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
Arcuskike wrote:Can I do another question?? I have used 10/10 sepoy rush since I started to play this game and sometimes It really breaks with the enemy strategy (even against someone who is pro player like Edehollan, I have the recorded game). Can you tell me where is the mistake with that strategy?? Thanks!
Just don't 10/10 it's terrible all in rush ,if you lose rush pretty much gg.
On RE I wouldn't go as far as to call it terrible (let's be honnest it's probably still broke) but slow sepoy rush is just better in 95% of situations imo. I would reccomend to learn to play the slower and more eco heavy rush @Arcuskike

On EP maybe it's closer, I think I've seen a few high level players 10/10 vs jp with mixed success. For most maps/MU's both strats are pretty unviable though. Semi/straight FF's are the best plays these days on patch for India.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

10/10 on EP is terrible honestly. It's not really hard to hold with the sepoy nerf and it's like -2/3 vills for nothing. The 300 export rush is as scary (if not more), and the follow up is better.
Colombia Arcuskike
Crossbow

Post by Arcuskike »

WickedCossack wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:
Arcuskike wrote:Can I do another question?? I have used 10/10 sepoy rush since I started to play this game and sometimes It really breaks with the enemy strategy (even against someone who is pro player like Edehollan, I have the recorded game). Can you tell me where is the mistake with that strategy?? Thanks!
Just don't 10/10 it's terrible all in rush ,if you lose rush pretty much gg.
On RE I wouldn't go as far as to call it terrible (let's be honnest it's probably still broke) but slow sepoy rush is just better in 95% of situations imo. I would reccomend to learn to play the slower and more eco heavy rush @Arcuskike

On EP maybe it's closer, I think I've seen a few high level players 10/10 vs jp with mixed success. For most maps/MU's both strats are pretty unviable though. Semi/straight FF's are the best plays these days on patch for India.
Thank you too much for your answer Wicked!! I really liked that match when you played against H2O_ on water map!! It is my whorship match!!
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Arcuskike wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Thank you too much for your answer Wicked!! I really liked that match when you played against H2O_ on water map!! It is my whorship match!!
whorship match?
Colombia Arcuskike
Crossbow

Post by Arcuskike »

whorship match?[/quote]

Sorry bad english hahaha, I wanted to say "Cult match??" hahaha
Colombia Arcuskike
Crossbow

Post by Arcuskike »

This is the match youtube link. If you want to play india on water maps you must to see this match!!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Eh, he's not even really playing water in this game. And India vs Brit was impossible for brit on this patch anyway.
The interesting game is the one against Mitoe on Baja California.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

@Arcuskike Yes bud!

@[Armag] diarouga Yea it's true the match vs ryan wasn't at all that special, was just India vs Brit playing out on a sea dominant map. But it's still useful to hear people's thought process, even for a standard game, maybe even more useful for a standard game actually than a quirky one. Not to mention ima go out on a limb and suggest that the thought process probably wasn't targeted at tournament winners. :hmm:

The game vs Mitoe while for sure interesting probably doesn't need much, if any, explanation. I made a lot of the mistakes in the game too but since the build had demolished everyone in practice I felt confident I was onto a winner with that and had some leeway to make errors. :flowers:
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Gud video, Idk how I missed that
European Union EKO
Crossbow
ESO: Eko

Post by EKO »

Wow, very nice guide
twitch.tv/erhanko
No Flag Kanoo
Skirmisher

Post by Kanoo »

Great guide!
Can anyone point me to the TP meta guide for India on RE?
Thanks.
thebritish wrote:
19 Jan 2016, 09:58
So, you are saying that if i watch H20's rec, i can beat anyone below H20's level because i know his BO?
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

As EP9 is going to give India a solid 2 food + 4 wood start, is 11/10 the preferred build for India then?
Colombia Arcuskike
Crossbow

Post by Arcuskike »

Hi @WickedCossack I have played with your guide recently and I saw I can send some wood (600 wood crate more specifically) before sending foreign logging. That card gives some wood to supply its deficiency in mid colonial and it works!! How feasible is that?? Thanks!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

lol
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Arcuskike wrote:Hi @WickedCossack I have played with your guide recently and I saw I can send some wood (600 wood crate more specifically) before sending foreign logging. That card gives some wood to supply its deficiency in mid colonial and it works!! How feasible is that?? Thanks!
Pretty sure he mentions this in the guide. I don't know for sure about when you are the aggressor but the trickle is definitely better if you might have more than 10 vils in tc.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

There used to be a pretty big disagreement about the big trickle vs 600w first
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

What's the Wonder order for an Indian mirror that is a boom-fest urumi war (after the Agra)?? I'm starting to play this dumb civ because of the random civ generator.

I feel like you *need* Tower of Victory for the big urumi right click.

The mansadbars from the Charminar Gate are really nice, but if it's forgone at least you get to ship a mansadbar urumi. Mahouts seem kind of useless vs honored sepoy.

I like going to III with the Taj Mahal because the 800c lets me go straight IV, but cease fire is kind of useless.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

On RE, Charminar Gate was mostly used for aging to IV. You actually had the eco and mass to make Mansabdar units worth their while.
Taj Mahal was used to go to age III. II actually with either Karni Mata or Tower of Victory (Imperial age with the one you didn't use for II).

Ye, right, at some point, no one used the Agra Fort unless they wanted to apply a heavy early Sepoy contain. It was mostly Tower of Victory or greedy Karni Mata.
Does anyone else remember???
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

deleted_user wrote:What's the Wonder order for an Indian mirror that is a boom-fest urumi war (after the Agra)?? I'm starting to play this dumb civ because of the random civ generator.

I feel like you *need* Tower of Victory for the big urumi right click.

The mansadbars from the Charminar Gate are really nice, but if it's forgone at least you get to ship a mansadbar urumi. Mahouts seem kind of useless vs honored sepoy.

I like going to III with the Taj Mahal because the 800c lets me go straight IV, but cease fire is kind of useless.
Agra -> Taj -> Charminar is the perject combination of safeness, age speed and instant army pop on age 4 in the mirror. That's not to say you can't play around with the other options, every indian age 4 wonder is a luxury honestly with the isane bonuses they provide.

Mansabdar > tower bonus nearly every time. Unit combat 15 seconds every 7:30 doesn't compare, though this is one of the few MU where you would get a lot of value from inspiration as the big fight is one melee mess and can be over a lot quicker than ranged battles so it's actually probably quite close. Of course if they didn't age 4 and you didn't get the scout off you'll be facepalming as your 1200w sits on the floor while their army ravages your base. Also now that you can train mansabdar urumi's the balance tips even more. :biggrin:

As to the point about mahouts vs sepoys ... You better be thanking your lucky stars he's making sepoys vs urumis in age 4! That's a good thing. If they are going sepoy/urumi it also means they won't have many of their own mahouts as this is so damn food heavy they'll be gathering from side hunts very fast which increase walking time / more exposure to raids. Mahouts are the best counter to urumis so not having these is bad. Your anti-cav for the first 5-10 mins in age 4 should be zambs, they are so much better at picking off mahouts, enemy wont have many gurhkas to snipe. The mobility is huge as your sepoy will all be snared by urumis anyways. When shipments start running out though if you want to transition to sepoys then that's fine, though staying zambs is also fine.

If you want to be greedy with this wonder build you can send 1000w on immediately aging and build a 2nd tc, (don't need 1000c.) I'm pretty sure I did this build twice in EPL1 in 2 indian mirrors so they should be on youtube somwhere. Edit: yea final game of this series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wYAKVNvA60. More eco, faster and zamb/mahout/urumi vs sepoy/mahout urumi. Didn't even have age 4 mahouts (which is for sure a mistake) against age 4 mahouts.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

WickedCossack wrote:Agra -> Taj -> Charminar is the perject combination of safeness, age speed and instant army pop on age 4 in the mirror. That's not to say you can't play around with the other options, every indian age 4 wonder is a luxury honestly with the isane bonuses they provide
How about Tower instead of Agra in age II when I don't care about map control? Or Tower instead of Taj Mahal in III when I don't need the extra gold?
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

I think karni is always just way more resources than tower of victory, so if you don't go for an agra you go for karni. You do miss the inspiration ability but I think for the most part the extra res make up for it

European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

macacoalbino wrote:I think karni is always just way more resources than tower of victory,
True.
macacoalbino wrote:so if you don't go for an agra you go for karni.
The good thing about the Tower is that it gives me 400 :wood: in Age II, Karni is like the Wise Woman for Hauds, a little from all resources. I prefer the full wood crates tbh.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

i actually am really fond of the taj to colonial lately, idk a full 500c is a huge injection ino your eco and makes your macro way easier (pretty much just food wood for a good long time) or lets you jump to fortress asap, once again without touching a coin mine. i have a build ive kinda worked out for this on a livestock map but its still not optimized. ceasefire is real nice to have on hand too
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

dansil92 wrote:i actually am really fond of the taj to colonial lately, idk a full 500c is a huge injection ino your eco and makes your macro way easier (pretty much just food wood for a good long time) or lets you jump to fortress asap, once again without touching a coin mine. i have a build ive kinda worked out for this on a livestock map but its still not optimized. ceasefire is real nice to have on hand too
That's nothing new, in the earlier days, many FF or semi-FF strategies with India revolved around the Taj Mahal to II, 500 :coin: does help a lot and lets you forgo shipping 700 :coin:.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

dansil92 wrote:i actually am really fond of the taj to colonial lately, idk a full 500c is a huge injection ino your eco and makes your macro way easier (pretty much just food wood for a good long time) or lets you jump to fortress asap, once again without touching a coin mine. i have a build ive kinda worked out for this on a livestock map but its still not optimized. ceasefire is real nice to have on hand too
It's a small circle of life. You need the agra to survive early pressure because India is the slowest civ in the game. Every now and then semi-ff builds pop up that rely on a lack of aggression from the opponent. These builds work until people realize again that the opponent does not have an agra fort and is, therefore, susceptible to early aggression. After that, people start making agra forts again.