Indian Starter Pack for the Beginner Elifent

Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon
ESO: Nightwing

Re: Indian Starter Pack for the Beginner Elifent

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

Till today, this is my favourite AOE 3 guide. This guide along with the amazing Youtube video of @WickedCossack made me understand the Indian civilization.
United States of America randerzbobanderz
Musketeer
ESO: RandyBobandy

Post by randerzbobanderz »

Lunatic_Fringe wrote:Till today, this is my favourite AOE 3 guide. This guide along with the amazing Youtube video of @WickedCossack made me understand the Indian civilization.

Could you link the video? I couldnt find it on Youtube
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:It's a small circle of life. You need the agra to survive early pressure because India is the slowest civ in the game. Every now and then semi-ff builds pop up that rely on a lack of aggression from the opponent. These builds work until people realize again that the opponent does not have an agra fort and is, therefore, susceptible to early aggression. After that, people start making agra forts again.
Then how did the Porcelain Tower push aside the Confucian Academy, the Academy gives us 8 Arquebusiers, the Tower doesn't ship a single unit and we all know that for a FF, unit shipments are almost always pivotal to survive the pressure.
Yet the Tower with its amazing resource trickle replaced the Academy for most of the Chinese FFs and turned it into an optional wonder for III.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

aaryngend wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:It's a small circle of life. You need the agra to survive early pressure because India is the slowest civ in the game. Every now and then semi-ff builds pop up that rely on a lack of aggression from the opponent. These builds work until people realize again that the opponent does not have an agra fort and is, therefore, susceptible to early aggression. After that, people start making agra forts again.
Then how did the Porcelain Tower push aside the Confucian Academy, the Academy gives us 8 Arquebusiers, the Tower doesn't ship a single unit and we all know that for a FF, unit shipments are almost always pivotal to survive the pressure.
Yet the Tower with its amazing resource trickle replaced the Academy for most of the Chinese FFs and turned it into an optional wonder for III.
Different civ. India cannot reach the same fortress times while surviving as China. China can handle any rush while going for the once thought ‘greedy’ tower build.
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

agreed on the india argument, but for china i strongly disagree, i think china simply dies if it goes for the standard super greedy ff while being rushed by someone who commits to age 2 and goes for strong age 2 timing attacks. the thing here is the meta shifting towards an itsy bitsy rushy rush into aging up and going skirm goon (even more so now than on EP) instead of staying age 2 and finishing the game
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

I had tried hard in past to find a good use for Tajmahal as first wonder. But the FF was still slow and not as impactful, since the fortress units require lot of eco to produce. For Semi FF karni mata is better than taj mahal.
Only if the cease fire ability is made useful again for complementing various mele troops like mahout, Urumi, rajput. Then a semi ff or ff with taj mahal could be good.

Before I stopped playing after hearing about the delete bug, I was experimenting with builds focused on Rajput.
I tried going age 2 with Charminar and sending 4 Sowar as second card. Also building the Mansabdar sowar immediately to harass with 7 Sowars. Trying not to lose any, and heal with monks if required. Following with 700 wood and full rajput, without stable till later. Better against civ without good musketeers or which have many eco buildings to siege. But with Mansabdar, Dravidian card, British consulate, Rajput are able to face off any age 2 unit. Though this didn't count for enemies with good cards for musketeers or massing with crates.

The effect of Mansabdar is not additive like other upgrades or cards. It is a multiplier of 1.1 on final value. So other effects also get boosted.
Which is especially visible when having 3 mansabdars on field like for howdah.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

drsingh wrote:Which is especially visible when having 3 mansabdars on field like for howdah.
You can have more than 1 mansabdar at a time?
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

rsy wrote:
drsingh wrote:Which is especially visible when having 3 mansabdars on field like for howdah.
I guess he means that if you have 3 mansabdars of 3 different units its especially visible.
Spain pain train is real
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

rsy wrote:
Reach industrial with access to Charminar wonder. Build howdah Mansabdar. Send howdah regiment card. Reach imperial, send card again.
Its a 1.331 multiplier now instead of 1.3 on top of 2.2(1 +.2+.3+.5+ .2). 2.93 on colonial stats.
Enjoy with game breaking unit. If you survived till now.
You can only make howdah, so that you have enough of them to make Mansabdar worth the pop cost. Needs micro to protect them. You are never getting 3 again.