EP Dutch

United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

EP Dutch

Post by Hidddy_ »

Hey all, I was playing some matches yesterday and wanted some help with Dutch. It seems they get about 3 or 4 early banks with no problem and get to 4 or 5 once any initial pressure is held. They also age pretty fast to colo compared to other civs, so my question is...what civ can punish their banks or deny their banks? I find they are hard to punish cause they take forever to seige and once they are up the Dutch player only needs to ship food or buy food to maintain army production. Also I was just wondering why the banks are cheaper AND you can build more of them? I think one or the other is fine, no reason for two buffs on an already op building. What are your thoughts on this?
De Funk
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: EP Dutch

Post by momuuu »

What civ were you playing?
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Dutch too strong
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:Dutch too strong

ik, you sad jan hp was reduced, rip ff jan rush
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

youre missing an "EleGiggle" in the title
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

tedere12 wrote:

Wow this totally fits with the topic. 10/10!
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:
tedere12 wrote:

Wow this totally fits with the topic. 10/10!

thanks I tried a lot
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Hidddy_ wrote:Hey all, I was playing some matches yesterday and wanted some help with Dutch. It seems they get about 3 or 4 early banks with no problem and get to 4 or 5 once any initial pressure is held. They also age pretty fast to colo compared to other civs, so my question is...what civ can punish their banks or deny their banks? I find they are hard to punish cause they take forever to seige and once they are up the Dutch player only needs to ship food or buy food to maintain army production. Also I was just wondering why the banks are cheaper AND you can build more of them? I think one or the other is fine, no reason for two buffs on an already op building. What are your thoughts on this?

Dont siege the banks, try sieging houses and military production buildings first. Azzy is really strong vs Dutch

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

EP SIOUX IMBA
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Honestly EP sioux with stagecoach does quite well vs. dutch. Dutch can't do anything to 6.325 speed wakina
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think brits are the easiest anti dutch civ. I have found semi ff based styles effective, both with or without VC. I also like musk huss timing push; if you manage to start mixing in longbows at the right moment you can make a dutch player sweat. Just dont do longbow pike imo, I think that might be a losing line.

Spain is good but needs a specific build order. Aztec is fine but I think maybe a really good dutch player can eventually figure out beating aztec. Germany is an easy mu too, dont make too many uhlan, try to push at second age 3 shipment imo. As france if its a stagecoach map you can win quite easily, same for ports. I think russia can do fine too but I wouldnt know the perfect bo. Eventually strelet cossack with boyars can close out the game.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

That's interesting about brits; I have always had a fairly easy time against them as dutch, as their eco's are pretty comprable, but dutch doesn't need map control and has skirms in age 3. Especially if brits do VC, I have played a few games where they do actually out-boom me and out-military me in the early game by maybe doing 10 huss instead of 5, but because I can age up like 2 minutes before them as dutch, the games turn into pretty easy ones for me to win.

At this stage of the EP, I would personally not try russia unless on a fairly low resource map. If you want to rush, I think azzy or even germany are probably you best bets (I have seen some nice dopp/uhlan play into a semi-ff that seemed pretty good even before the dopp buff). As I said before also, sioux is good with roid wakinas (everyone needs to have wind runner in their decks now IMO as it makes wakina's so insane).
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Dutch needs to invest way more than brits in their boom and get inferior units in fortress... the only thing you get is a slight timing window where you can damage brits, but in my experience they can easily defend it... brits can also play age 2 and have pretty good chances vs dutches semi...

No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

yeah when brits go the age2 lb pike hus dutch can actually win in age 2 with a hard countering composition of skirm pike and a lot of hus. Anyways I think brit should 700w 600w 5 vill ageup vs dutch or do a pike hus timing and then 700g ageup. If u wanna do age 2 play you shouldn't rush, just abuse lb range and pull back. On some maps its a close mu I believe if brit player doesnt play it correctly he might straight up lose because dutch need way less map than brit when brits go age3.