HOW TO U BEAT RUSSIA AS BRITS???

Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Skirmisher
ESO: JulyBurnsOrange

HOW TO U BEAT RUSSIA AS BRITS???

Post by JulyBurnsOrange »

As you can tell by the caps, I am quite rattled.

Vs all in rush you get outmassed early and ur eco gets fucked
Vs contain and long colonial you get outmassed up the ass

are you just supposed to age and get cannons? Mass Huss?
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Re: HOW TO U BEAT RUSSIA AS BRITS???

Post by Googol »

You can either do a mosk oppening 50-60 houses depends on the tres age with tower or do a cav one and hold with tower and mm if needed you can hold strel rush with moskets tc fire and mm anyway, just have a good building placement and secure hunts if you hold you can pretty much age i guess or do a colonial mosk huss timing and russia pretty much cannot deal with that.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

On very poor maps: put tower next to his blockhouse, send 6 musk-6 longbow, push his fb asap
On normal maps: put tower in base, start hussar, then hussar+musk
On long maps/rich maps: hussar semiff
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

You mostly don't. Taking a good fight and ageup afterwards is a winning scenario, or getting away with an ageup in general (you must have enough food in base) . Pushing out in age2 is not really viable since russia can spam musk strelet between the blockhouses, so your hussars are useless. However if you still choose to stay age 2, you have to outplay, raid a lot, get good trades, force him to train cossaks and maybe ignore fb and go for his base
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

A lot of low level Russian players will delete their army under your tc. Start hussar and bait into this trap. Something like 700w, 700g, or 700w, 6 musk, 600w , or 700w, 600w, 700g idk
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Oh and mm the fb
Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Skirmisher

deleted_user wrote:A lot of low level Russian players will delete their army under your tc. Start hussar and bait into this trap. Something like 700w, 700g, or 700w, 6 musk, 600w , or 700w, 600w, 700g idk

Yeah lol I miss playing Master sgts.
Im 1st lieut rn tho and and the people im playing lately at this level are smarter than that for the most part.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think in the end I'm an advocate for not starting cav but starting rax with some musks and then adding in longbows.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

starting musk sucks if russia scouts it though, he just makes 10 strel instead of 5 musk and then 10 strel again and idled you forever
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Never start musks vs Russia/Aztecs is just the easiest way to win for a simple strelet or maces rush.
Start cav and add musks with ups for a timing. Also start cav and add lbows. Also lbow/pike aggressive start. Russia player has to make mistakes tho. If he adapts well it is very hard for Brits.
Can also try aggressive musk cat n mice play (6 musks first card wit proxy) or possibly some camping strat with age up and 2 cannons.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I can't remember the last time someone did a strelet rush tbh.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Check my tourney match vs gua then
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

tedere12 wrote:You mostly don't. Taking a good fight and ageup afterwards is a winning scenario, or getting away with an ageup in general (you must have enough food in base) . Pushing out in age2 is not really viable since russia can spam musk strelet between the blockhouses, so your hussars are useless. However if you still choose to stay age 2, you have to outplay, raid a lot, get good trades, force him to train cossaks and maybe ignore fb and go for his base

I don't think russia beats brits. You can pretty much do whatever you like as brits and be probably fine. As long as you have a good macro, any kind of timing push will probably work. Just bring a shit ton of musks huss. You really need to destroy only one of the 2 blockhouses, and then the russian guy can't really camp anymore. Russia won't be able to make too many strelets, otherwise they die to huss; so they will mostly have musks, which means you can take a ranged fight with your own musks for a while, while your huss siege a blockhouse. When the blockhouse is down, you can just go in with your huss and win.

Or you can just semi ff while having the same mass as russia. Upgrade your musks/huss/whatever and ship 2 falcs, camp in your base, and probably win, on maps with good resources.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Russia can stagecoach semi and gain more than brits in Fortress so I dont think blind semi is a good option.
Image Image Image
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Garja wrote:Russia can stagecoach semi and gain more than brits in Fortress so I dont think blind semi is a good option.

Isn't it really hard for russia to scout if brit is aging? If brits don't age and mass in age 2, russia is gonna have a really hard time defending their fb when they age, especially with stagecoach.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I think that if Brits is too passive Russia can get away with the semi even losing the FB and rebuilding it back. Russia should always look for that possibility imo.
Image Image Image
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Go VC as diarouga does on boomy map, it's with this bo pretty easy to win vs russia if yoy don't make mistakes
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:Russia can stagecoach semi and gain more than brits in Fortress so I dont think blind semi is a good option.

If you see russia starts taking TPs for a stagecoach, just turn your semi build into a timing push (for example use 700g for mass instead of age and then ship 6 musks) and I don't believe they will be able to hold. Destroy their fb, then destroy their tps and grab TPs for yourself, and russia is dead, even if they're fortress.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Rikikipu wrote:Go VC as diarouga does on boomy map, it's with this bo pretty easy to win vs russia if yoy don't make mistakes

Diarouga told me not long ago that he thinks russia does beat brit quite hard not though^^
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

depends on the map tbh. vc brits is good on ep maps but doesnt work if you cant get a 1-2 hunts within your manor walls lol. i think brits should be fine if they got hunts and can age up at 4.05-4.15. also ppl should abuse strategic walls more vs russia.
United States of America IntrepidExplorer
Musketeer
ESO: DownToBuck

Post by IntrepidExplorer »

Russia winning vs Brits relies on the cost-effectivity of strelets, so bascially if you make enough cav and then mix musk, your musk will just be better than his and ur cav will rek his army. If you survive long enough to get both musk upgrades in I feel like you just win. 172 26 > 120 18 any day.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

thing is musk cav isn't the counter to musk-strels but rather the opposite. Lbows-cav would be the counter to musk-strel but lbow have setup animation so that combo doesnt work very well vs double ranged. Also it's easier for Russia to get a 3 unit combo early on and if fighting at the fb they have the defender advantage.
Also, generally when Brits got 2 ups Russia already got boyars and cav hp/los so Russia is ahead in ups. The fact that ruskets don't have ups is ok considering how good strels and coss are in return.
In the end it's all about whether or not Brit is able to push at the right time and kill the fb or at least distract Russia army long enough to spread vills on the map. In late game Russia catches up in eco and units efficiency let them accumulate a bigger bank for when resources run out (eventually snowballing in the mill switch if it goes all the way to that). If Russia player has AA in the deck (as he should) then Russia units are practically superior (it's hard for Brits to send both cav and musk ups + AA).
If Brits try to age up at any time I don't see why Russia shouldn't be able to follow up.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Musk strel is definitely the counter to musk cav. But when you take into account the fact that russian musks don't do so well vs huss, and the fact that brits will outmass russia pretty hard cause they have basically twice the eco at some timings, I think it's fair to say that musk huss does fine as brits vs russia. It's btw not easy to mass strelets on top of a safe mass of ruskets, as you need 200w and to bank an obscene amount of food for a batch of strels.

I think you generally push before boyars as brits. When russia can afford to ship boyars, it's probably late already. But still, if you go musk huss, russia will need to mass a lot of ruskets since strel coss will get shit on, so brits with cav hp and musk attack (and maybe musk hp cav attack too) might be happier with his upgrades than russia with boyars strelets and unupgraded ruskets.

If it goes late game, russia wins, but it shouldn't go late game.

If russia follows in fort, there will be a window where brits can push and get mapcontrol. Brits probably can't push in a campy bh/strel/CA/2 falcs russian base, but they cant probably contain russia just fine in fortress. Russia would shine in late fortress, but to reach that point they need resources.
Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Skirmisher

IntrepidExplorer wrote:Russia winning vs Brits relies on the cost-effectivity of strelets, so bascially if you make enough cav and then mix musk, your musk will just be better than his and ur cav will rek his army. If you survive long enough to get both musk upgrades in I feel like you just win. 172 26 > 120 18 any day.

Yeah, most of the time when i lose this MU to russia, its from a lot of pressure or just shit hunts haha.

But then sometimes in long drawn out games, russia just has an insanely large mass with boyars blockhouses and a decent economy from the cost effectiveness of their villies, its just such a struggle to push out of a good contain.
United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

I've had success going musk/gren against Russia. However, if it's the all in style Musk/gren can be too slow. It's very good against the slower, contain style of Russia. Grenadiers just tear through strelets and blockhouses. They usually have to respond by massing Cossacks and Brits can generally win that.

I feel like I beat your Russia (or Japan?) with that exact strat @JulyBurnsOrange but I haven't played in a while and am probably confusing you for another person I play a lot.