HOW TO U BEAT RUSSIA AS BRITS???

United States of America TheInvincibleJannisary
Dragoon

Re: HOW TO U BEAT RUSSIA AS BRITS???

Post by TheInvincibleJannisary »

I think shipping 6 muskets first and then making a batch of 5 musket would be a good defense vs the early rush.

Ship 700 wood and then add a stable and just play defensibly until you can pressure. I would make some longbow after the initial push so you can defend and keep your eco up.

Nobody will do a 23 strelet rush unless they are just really good at scouting or maphack vs that.

Most smart players will just take map and tp's and make sure you can't do anything about pushing into Russia so that's where I would just lose.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Then I always play vs Russian map hackers... I usually have something like 30 strelets, 5 musks and 7 cossacks in my base at around 7 minutes. Maybe even earlier.
Needless to say that I insta rage quit.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Maybe some GUA style walls will do me good.
[Sith] - Baphomet
United States of America IntrepidExplorer
Musketeer
ESO: DownToBuck

Post by IntrepidExplorer »

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Strelet start is not based on scouting, actually.
It is just that 10 strels+5 coss > 5 huss if you don't go under TC where MM become useful. Also it will be most likely 20 strels and 5 coss vs 4 huss and 6 mm.
Image Image Image
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Why is that? Musketeer start would be a lot wiser vs hus start from brits imo
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Imo brit should age with tower+200g and start huss, build probably 5vill 700w 700g, rax on 700w, spam musk huss. If russia goes all in 5-4-13, defend with mm and try to stabilize with better eco. if russia goes 700w, you have a window there to push the bh with 10huss + any number of musks.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

tedere12 wrote:Why is that? Musketeer start would be a lot wiser vs hus start from brits imo

If you start musks then Brits can also start musk which is more efficient than huss start.
Strelet start makes sure Brits can't start musk. Plus you abuse the fact that you're up in unit production as Russia so wrong unit doesn't even count for a while. And also strelets are weak but with kiting they don't do too bad vs huss. Bear in mind huss can only attack one unit per time no matter how weak it is so having 10 strelets rather than 7-8 xbows is an advantage in that sense.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Try typing in CAPs more.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:Strelet start is not based on scouting, actually.
It is just that 10 strels+5 coss > 5 huss if you don't go under TC where MM become useful. Also it will be most likely 20 strels and 5 coss vs 4 huss and 6 mm.

How do you get 20 strelets so fast? You skip market? You skip vils? You skip TP? Either way, it's definitely painful for russia to do that.
Plus, brits will always get 5 huss out, if they start with 5v and age up with 500f. Even with 200g+tower and 5v start, it's easy to get 5 huss. If you commit in their base against 5 huss (+ tower maybe, and/or tc fire) with 10 strels 5 coss (cause you will never have 20 strels when brit has 5 huss...) you're just going to straight up lose the fight. If brits call mm, which they don't even need, you're going to get absolutely raped.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Only thing you need to sac is perhaps steel traps. Then just have 2 vills on wood for a while and then all on food. The wood trickle is enough to have 100w every batch. After 700w it's easy to ger more strelets easy.
If brits don't age up with tower you have 45 less damage to cossack and it's easier to harass vills. It's not easy to punish 5 coss 10 strels efficiently with 10 more strels on the way.
Image Image Image
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Why not lb pike and slowly push your walls forward. Starting lb pike is cost effective so it allows you to boom more. Russia also has to commit more if they want to push into lb, which outrange them.
Maybe bring some vills if you can't break the bh otherwise.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lb pikes only work if your name is gudspedda.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Lbow/pike is another reason why I wouldnt start musks.
Image Image Image
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

British age sooner, which means you can scout what units they are gonna train and adapt. For examle, I always gather ~100 coin as russia, if brit goes stable, I use it for musketeers, if brit goes rax I use it for instant steel traps and go strelets. Lb pike start would imo be bad, simply because they lose to 23 strelet or even 10 strelet 5 cossack. You can wall your base I guess but this means you are gonna be more passive early on and you give russia a chance to age up (700w > 700coin or even 700coin asap )
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Anyway Russia can also just play more boomy with TP in transition and stable start into stagecoach etc.
Image Image Image
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

So... How does a Brit noob defend against Russian spam?
(Asking on behalf of a friend)
[Sith] - Baphomet
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:Anyway Russia can also just play more boomy with TP in transition and stable start into stagecoach etc.

Cav start with stagecoach as russia vs brits? Like, you can't even do that as fr or ger, how would it work with russia?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Garja wrote:Anyway Russia can also just play more boomy with TP in transition and stable start into stagecoach etc.

Cav start with stagecoach as russia vs brits? Like, you can't even do that as fr or ger, how would it work with russia?

700g 700w? Ez

You probably lose, though
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I'd go 5 coss 700w etc. You prob get 3 coss or so out at first batch if you try to get hd and placer mines. Might be better to delay market until 700w and just prioritize TP play. In any case with with 5 coss frist it's. Then you get more TPs and a BH out of 700w. It hasn't to be stagecoach necessarily if Brits challenge your army count early on but then again if you can do that with a BH I don't see why it shouldnt be viable with a stable start which is more efficient.
I'm rather sure Germans and French can do this too but the problem is they can't keep playing colonial vs Brits. Russia doesn't mind playing colo vs Brits because its units are up for the challenge.
It's not very different from Aztecs vs Brits with stagecoach play.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Garja wrote:I'd go 5 coss 700w etc. You prob get 3 coss or so out at first batch if you try to get hd and placer mines. Might be better to delay market until 700w and just prioritize TP play. In any case with with 5 coss frist it's np. Then you get more TPs and a bh out of 700w. It hasn't to be stagecoach necessarily if Brits challenge your army count early on but then again if you can do that with a bh I don't see why it shouldnt be viable with a stable start that is more efficient.
I'm rather sure Germans and French can do that but the problem is the can't keep playing colonial vs Brits. Russia doesn't mind playing colo vs Brits because their units are up for the challenge.
It's not very different from Aztecs vs Brits with stagecoach play.

With 700g first you can get a tp and market + HD + ST on age up and get 5/5 coss. Then with 700w get stagecoach and a BH.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah I mean, obviously, nothing prevents you from making a stable, making cossacks, and taking TPs. But how would you hold the TP line?

If germany can't get a stagecoach vs brits with their 10 000 uhlans semi, I don't think russia can. Or then you would add a blockhouse for infantry to hold the TP line. Which brings the question: why not simply make infantry directly to defend your TPs then?

And since you can't even get a stagecoach as russia vs brits when starting with a blockhouse, how is it gonna be possible with a cav start (which is weaker than the standard ruskets start, against the classic british musk cav)?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Because Brit won't have enough units to push TPs and defend vs raids until Russia gets a BH up and can probably ship 13 strelet. Or at least the British player will have to properly identify what exactly the Russian player is doing before the BH gets up.

Or Russia can ship ATP? Not a bad card for them. But if I scout ATP from Russ as Brit I just out boom them.

I dunno.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Russia can stagecoach with fb BH. you get 1 TP from 400w then 2 more from 700w plus a stable and stageocach. You can do the same thing with stable start except you build the TP in transition and you don't need to move vills forward. Stable start is just because in base BH seems super passive but but if you have a detailed timing then BH in base is not bad I guess. I don't see how you would lose the TP line early on with Russia when Brits can't really outspam. If anything Brits can steal one TP but then again it hasn't to be stagecoach if there is army stuff going on.
Image Image Image