How to play Brit

No Flag hellotissue
Crossbow

How to play Brit

Post by hellotissue »

I am quite new to the game and want to learn how to play Brit. I have read the guide of Goodspeed and known some basic BO like 3v 700w 600w 700g. I desire to know about more playing Brit.
Could you tell me more about Brit's other BO or tips like how many manors to build in some situations or how to build your manor to get sight of the map? Or something to keep in mind when facing different civs?
Besides, could you tell me who is good at Brit or likes to use this civ? I want to watch some saved games hoping to improve myself. Great appreciations! :D
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

How to play Brit

Post by DerMaxinator »

The build order you posted is pretty good, but I prefer 5v over 600w, and would probably also take the 600w out, for a unit shipment or musk upgrade.

There are some Brit games on Veni's Youtube channel, and you could also go through the time stamps of some Saturday Smackdowns, which you can find on Interjection's Youtube Channel.
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

How to play Brit

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

600w>>5v
Usually stay at 110-120 pop.
No Flag hellotissue
Crossbow

How to play Brit

Post by hellotissue »

diarouga wrote:Usually stay at 110-120 pop.

do you mean building manors till 110 or 120 pop and not building them until you need extra pop?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

How to play Brit

hellotissue wrote:
diarouga wrote:Usually stay at 110-120 pop.
do you mean building manors till 110 or 120 pop and not building them until you need extra pop?

After 600w you should be at X/120 pop
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

How to play Brit

Post by macacoalbino »

Good SirCallen!
Some other tips... If you go musk huss, in transition you can gather enough to: queue 1 vill, do hunting dogs, placer mines, have enough wood for steel traps, make 2 (or 1 I can't remember now xD) manor house(s) and the 200w for barracks. You have to switch everyone to wood except the herding guys and maybe 1 or 2 vills to guarantee the 175food necessary for all this (the vills who come with the mannors go to food too). After you have the wood you needed, you can put everyone back to food and gold
When you want to lbow+pike, you wont be gathering gold mostly, so try to keep 150 gold at all times to make minutemen if necessary

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

How to play Brit

Post by macacoalbino »

Ah, and the most important thing, ALWAYS SCOUT!

No Flag hellotissue
Crossbow

How to play Brit

Post by hellotissue »

deleted_user wrote:I''m not the best player but I play a lot of Brits.

In transition you have all vills on wood (after you''ve researched gang saw) except for a couple that will herd. You want to build ~2 manors and build these with the herding vills on the edge of the herd for LOS. Keep chopping 200 wood for a barracks and another 50 for hunting dogs if you don''t have it yet. Transition a few vills back onto food so that you have 100 when you age to queue a villager right away. Collect the 200 gold from age up, and get hunting dogs if you don''t have it yet. If you did early market, only chop the 200 for a rax and get steel traps with 700w along with placer mines (if you''re musk Huss). Send 700w ASAP (should be the first thing you do upon aging).

If you''re doing musk/Huss, all your vills are on food and gold now, you''re relying on your two wood shipments to fuel your eco (obv keep making vills tho). It''s important that you don''t boom too hard.

If you''re lbow/pike you should have all but ~4 vills on food until the 700w and 600w comes. After 600w is used up rearrange to have more on wood than food.

Other stuff is match up based. Sometimes you start stable (vs Russia and azzy). Sometimes you build a second military building with 700w other times you wait til 600w to do it. Sometimes you send 5v before 700g. Etc etc.

The most important thing is to have hockey for manor :)
It is really explicit and helpful! Thx! :happytomato:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

How to play Brit

@sircallen, except vs iro, otto or an indian 10/10, always gather 325w and build rax+ST. ST is far better than a manor, you'll have 15vills on food so ST=3vills.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

How to play Brit

Post by macacoalbino »

I gather 125 extra wood, and still get 5 musks out in time. Unless I skip a vill in discovery, then wait for 700w

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

How to play Brit

deleted_user wrote:
diarouga wrote:@sircallen, except vs iro, otto or an indian 10/10, always gather 325w and build rax+ST. ST is far better than a manor, youll have 15vills on food so ST=3vills.
Yeah this is better, thanks :)

Paging @hellotissue and @macacoalbino to clear up my post

Just a question, do you also gather for placer mines in transition too? Or wait until 700w since you get jumpstarted by 200g crates.
Age 1, Ill assume you only build 1 manor and age in 4min10 (std way, aging in 4min35 sucks). While aging, market, gang saw+hunting dog and 1 manor, keep 325w for rax+ST, youll be able to train 5 musk.
Placer mine is a 10% gold up and it cost 1 manor so it is worth when you have 10vills on gold. If you double musk wait the 600w (2nd age 2 shipment), and if you go cav, do it while aging.

The best way to cav imo is to do the same build as the musket spam and age with 500f, otherwise youll only make 3huss.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

How to play Brit

macacoalbino wrote:I gather 125 extra wood, and still get 5 musks out in time. Unless I skip a vill in discovery, then wait for 700w
Always skip a vill in discovery, you have more eco when you age in 4:10.
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

How to play Brit

Post by DerMaxinator »

deleted_user wrote:
dermaxinator wrote:The build order you posted is pretty good, but I prefer 5v over 600w, and would probably also take the 600w out, for a unit shipment or musk upgrade.

There are some Brit games on Venis Youtube channel, and you could also go through the time stamps of some Saturday Smackdowns, which you can find on Interjections Youtube Channel.
You should already have both musk upgrades and also probably both unit shipments in there already. Also, 600w is really really good, dont take it out. If you have 4v, definitely do take that out though.

I am really happy with my brit deck, and in age 2 I have 5v, 700f, 700w, 600w, 700c, 6 lbow, musk atk, musk hp, 6 musk, cav hp. Of those, I think 700f, cav hp, and mayybe 6lbows are the most optional.
I never have 4v in there, but in mirrors, which often stay in age two I put out 600w and take in advanced arsenal, because i think it is a valid option.
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

How to play Brit

Post by macacoalbino »

deleted_user wrote:
diarouga wrote:@sircallen, except vs iro, otto or an indian 10/10, always gather 325w and build rax+ST. ST is far better than a manor, youll have 15vills on food so ST=3vills.
Yeah this is better, thanks :)

Paging @hellotissue and @macacoalbino to clear up my post

Just a question, do you also gather for [strong]placer mines[/strong] in transition too? Or wait until 700w since you get jumpstarted by 200g crates.
woops, I read that wrong, I thought you asked about steel traps. Well I do, but apparently is not so good as Diarouga just explained :P. I think that the only thing he didnt account for was the villager seconds needed to build the manor house which researching the thing dont require, but it shouldnt be a big deal anyway. Oh and with one more manor you get a bit more xp ^^

No Flag hellotissue
Crossbow

How to play Brit

Post by hellotissue »

What is the better aging option or common one in age1? A tower with 200g or 500f? Does Brit often need a tower to defend itself?
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

How to play Brit

Post by Mimsy for President »

@hellotissue
A tower with 200g or 500f? Tower + 200g
Does Brit often need a tower to defend itself? However, you can still age up with 500f vs Japan or China because they are not really famous for their rush.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

How to play Brit

Post by macacoalbino »

This question you have to answer yourself. Some people prefer the tower, some the food. There are a lot of intangible benefits from having a tower, so stating that one ageup is better than the other is really hard because theres no way to really measure it

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

How to play Brit

Imo do as djigit said, tower always and 500f vs japan/china.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

How to play Brit

Post by deleted_user0 »

Nah, often u can squeeze an extra vil even, and get wood up before 800f to age. Eco is definitely better but, in some mus like vs twc civs or otto russia or india sepoy, fast age 16v age is better because ur units are out too late otherwise
No Flag hellotissue
Crossbow

How to play Brit

Post by hellotissue »

I heard that Brit is really food dependent. If you play Brit on a low hunt map, should I be more aggressive or sth?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

How to play Brit

hellotissue wrote:I heard that Brit is really food dependent. If you play Brit on a low hunt map, should I be more aggressive or sth?
On a low hunt map you have to fight for map control. You should rush even if it is awkward like up 16=>'6musk 1st+rax.
If you are close to the water, it is always good to wall with lbs behind it and to gather sea''s food.