TAD guide 3.0

No Flag bugattivitesse
Skirmisher

TAD guide 3.0

Post by bugattivitesse »

Its a great guide, but why are Sioux considered "broken"?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

TAD guide 3.0

Post by Goodspeed »

They are strategically very shallow (easy) because:
- They don't have any eco options and have obvious shipment/politician choices.
- Their cavalry are so much better than their inf that they have no actual options when it comes to their army composition.
- Their style promotes passive play from their opponent resulting in strategically boring games.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

TAD guide 3.0

Post by Rikikipu »

I have a question about aztecs : Why no one use the fire pit big button ? It gives you a bonus of X3 exp (instead of X2) when you kill an unit. It's not mentionned in your guide, and i have never seen good aztec players doing it, so i guess it's useless. But it's really cheap dude (50f 50w 50g) !
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

TAD guide 3.0

Post by Mitoe »

People do use it! It's a really good upgrade, so long as you remember to use your warchief. As for why it's not mentioned in GoodSpeed's guide... guess he's a noob? :O
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

TAD guide 3.0

Post by _H2O »

We ran napkin math on what your extra wood stockpile would be. It put us close but at te end of the day the regular build had 3 more Vils and about equal resources.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

TAD guide 3.0

Post by Goodspeed »

rikikipu wrote:I have a question about aztecs : Why no one use the fire pit big button ? It gives you a bonus of X3 exp (instead of X2) when you kill an unit. It''s not mentionned in your guide, and i have never seen good aztec players doing it, so i guess it''s useless. But it''s really cheap dude (50f 50w 50g) !
Yeah looks like I forgot to mention it. It''s not really part of the build it''s something you can get just before you hit a timing or when your opponent is moving out.
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

TAD guide 3.0

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

I have to say it is really well written and I am reading it now for example on Iroq. i am not the guy that takes it's days finding strategies on his own offline and then starts to beat up everybody coming up with new strategies ... I read copy them and repeat and adapt instead. And I like age so much that even if I got beat up so many times and unisntalled the 3 games sometimes I always have come back.

I have to say, anyway it misses the dutch stuff.
I have to say it's really well written. i am not mother tongue englishamerican and I can read it easy. Well done! It's fun to read too
I have to say you must add on the bottom of every page the abbreviation explanation in a glossary you use in that page WP g SW people might not understand immediately. Ok, you repeat, it's not intended to be for beginners ... anyway I am not a beginner, even if my level is beginner (13pr Sergeant 50 % win rate) I am on age since 2006 and before ... at Age II on gaming zone... I was not a strong player anyway and I am still not.

I think I haven't "studied" enough that's why the strategies, the game, how I play and the others... but now with your guide caugh caugh ..yes sure!

I play Iroq and Dutch and I don't know anything of the other Civs, just a few things. So I don't know what to expect even if I play since a long time.
your guide is personal and listen to me: you should work for making it become official !

Congratulations!
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

TAD guide 3.0

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

aligator92 wrote:I guess he is talking about Warriorpriests

kokiloki wrote:Okay, but why would you send them? Sure theyve got high hp but a very low hand attack. And RI can kite them easily. Maybe theyre good when theyre dancing. but I dont know the benefits from the fire pit.

incog wrote:when theyre on the firepit they give excellent bonuses to aztec
Ok ... but if I raid them like I did in a 3 v 3 ... with the 3 hussars card ( or even 1 ussars more from stables) bye bye bonus Warrior priests.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

TAD guide 3.0

Post by Goodspeed »

ninja01 wrote:I have to say it is really well written and I am reading it now for example on Iroq. i am not the guy that takes it''s days finding strategies on his own offline and then starts to beat up everybody coming up with new strategies ... I read copy them and repeat and adapt instead. And I like age so much that even if I got beat up so many times and unisntalled the 3 games sometimes I always have come back.

I have to say, anyway it misses the dutch stuff.
I have to say it''s really well written. i am not mother tongue englishamerican and I can read it easy. Well done! It''s fun to read too
I have to say you must add on the bottom of every page the abbreviation explanation in a glossary you use in that page WP g SW people might not understand immediately. Ok, you repeat, it''s not intended to be for beginners ... anyway I am not a beginner, even if my level is beginner (13pr Sergeant 50 % win rate) I am on age since 2006 and before ... at Age II on gaming zone... I was not a strong player anyway and I am still not.

I think I haven''t "studied" enough that''s why the strategies, the game, how I play and the others... but now with your guide caugh caugh ..yes sure!

I play Iroq and Dutch and I don''t know anything of the other Civs, just a few things. So I don''t know what to expect even if I play since a long time.
your guide is personal and listen to me: you should work for making it become official !

Congratulations!
Thanks, this is nice to hear :)

There''s a glossary at the end of the guide. I guess I should''ve mentioned it in the introduction.
EDIT: Actually I did lol
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

TAD guide 3.0

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

The glossary at the end of the PDF is cool and good but if you add a little couple of words in bottom of the pages or as comments to underlined words, or hyperlinked words would be good.
Of course i know that there is a glossary at the bottom ... you don't need to mention it, if a person knows how to read they would consult as I did always the index summery before reading a document! Don't worry.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

TAD guide 3.0

Post by Goodspeed »

Ah ok. Yeah I didn't think it would be necessary, bit redundant, but perhaps you have a point.
Next time (if there is one) I'll write the full name every first time I'm using a new word.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

TAD guide 3.0

Post by deleted_user0 »

I think guides should be stickied or get a subforum? So ppl wont constantly ask where is the guide or whatever. There are a few, garja has 2, soldier and h2o bith have one, and gs has 3 i think. And there are some others i thought
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

TAD guide 3.0

Post by fei123456 »

russian 2 block 700g is not available. russian eco cant support tc+2block spam, even if you put all vills on food and with steel trap. impossible. 700g 1block is enough.
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

TAD guide 3.0

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

Urneu ? really I did not know about these guides! I just played with Iroq and did the build u said against a guy with a High pr and I was in team with a cpr normal Zenion and the opponent was in team with an average guy. I chose to attack far side.. it could be overstretched anyway I did what you said in the guide man! I was looking forward to win again with IRoq which I could not do since quite a huge number of games!
[img]http://s14.postimg.org/o5cqb64xp/Iroq_Wins.jpg[/img]
Finally we got it. Look here. We are in the base of the british and we took their scalps (we just raised to the ground the lower level player base) ... and
At this point red base down Yellow passes to III but in 2 minutes he ''s unable to put out a couple of cannons ... WHY ?
This was the thing I was at that moment most scared of so I was doing my Kanayas CAV ...
My chinese mate posted Fire cannons for at least 4 minutes and took also tribes buildings. In the mean while with upgrades the WC attentively ding but still close to the troops all the time I was attacking and my upgrade well deployed from my cards we won. But...

(before playing I was checking to put Gold in the deck as you said and 1200 too, and also the infantry cards well available in colonial and kanyas in II and III both. Anyway I did not need to go to III and IV age. I did not want to... I clearly could see I was advancing with my chinese mate. The bad idea from the yellow was to attack my chinese mate instead of me, and to attack him while we were in full forces outside REd (his mate) house... yellow got rejected from my chinese mate, even if the yellow had 20 musks in his hands!

I harassed the yello a little and the red before with cavalry otherwise I would not see how come he was not able to spit out a couple of falconets ...
I don''t know other civs so I don''t now how much a VILL costs for them or how much a Falconets for the British.

Anyway, I read all your guide today (regarding the civs and mixed information you give about all the rest) not read all the civs of course because I do not intend to play them. It was really helpful thanks again, especially for a noob like me!

Now the objective is to play well and win with Iroq and also Dutch in 1 vs 1 against good players (it won''t be easy).
Because AGE III is also motivation: if you are 2 v 2 and one guys is alone and still strong but he has a mate down he will leave. Instead when you are 1 o 1 you already play all in from the beginning and you can''t count on a lot of METAs...
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

TAD guide 3.0

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

umeu wrote:I think guides should be stickied or get a subforum? So ppl wont constantly ask where is the guide or whatever. There are a few, garja has 2, soldier and h2o bith have one, and gs has 3 i think. And there are some others i thought
garja''s azzie, 2 of GS'' guides and the H2O one are outdated.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

TAD guide 3.0

Post by Mimsy for President »

H2O jap guide ain't, it's still relevant. Dunno about the others.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

TAD guide 3.0

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

shaolinstar wrote:H2O jap guide ain''t, it''s still relevant. Dunno about the others.
The bank build and the rush aren''t viable Imo.
Jaeger

TAD guide 3.0

Yes, I think you are right.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

TAD guide 3.0

Post by deleted_user0 »

Doesnt matter if outdated, because you can still get inspiration for new things. Also garjas azzy guide is quite new still
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

TAD guide 3.0

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

Ok, that's important to say and very helpful. For example, I am not interested to spend time on something if it is outdated ... (with all the respect) because I don't have time to do it, or to think. I prefer something that is directly working like Goodspeed or many rec games.
I passed the guide to a friend of mine that probably is gonna come back to RTS an old friend that in a first moment did not like the jump from AGE II to AGE III.

I told him about the main difference, it's not a MASS game, it's much more management and META understanding game.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

TAD guide 3.0

Post by Goodspeed »

ninja01 wrote:I told him about the main difference, it''s not a MASS game, it''s much more management and META understanding game.

Nice, I''d say you covered the difference between the 2 pretty well :)
No Flag Prehyo
Crossbow

TAD guide 3.0

Post by Prehyo »

I can't open the download. Can someone copy the guide and pasted on word document plz?
Jaeger

TAD guide 3.0

Download Adobe PDF reader
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

TAD guide 3.0

Post by yurashic »

Good guide, thank you. The only problem is that some of your builds are too greedy and in my opinion not viable, like building a tp with 300w or doing a spice trade build with Russia. You say that 700f is a bad shipment, while in fact it is quite good because you can turn it into units really fast.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

TAD guide 3.0

Post by Goodspeed »

300w for TP is better than trickle, always.
Spice trade is greedy, yeah, but in some situations that's viable like if your opponent is being greedy but you can't really punish them.
700f is indeed a bad shipment, any build that sends it is supoptimal. But to be fair you're not going to lose games over it.