building time

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

building time

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I'm too lazy to figure it out myself, does anyone know how the building time works?
I'd like to know how long it takes to build a rax with 1/2/3/4 vills, same with manors.
Thanks.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Re: building time

Post by InsectPoison »

Germany IamSherlocked
Crossbow

Post by IamSherlocked »

Relevant (but not the answer to your question (but still interesting to know)): viewtopic.php?t=8118
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I'm too lazy to figure it out myself, does anyone know how the building time works?
I'd like to know how long it takes to build a rax with 1/2/3/4 vills, same with manors.
Thanks.
This guy seems to have the answer (partly).

https://forums.castlesiegegame.com/topic/1372-training-times/?do=findComment&comment=17898
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

So 30sec for a rax with one vill and 13 with 4vills? Interesting

As for manors, apparently it's still better to build them with one vill, too bad.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

It does not scale linearly. For example, if you want to build 3 manors with 3 villagers, its better to build all 3 at the same time with 1 vill on each one, and not 1 house at a time with all 3 vills.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Interstingly although sw count as 2 villagers for gathering resources they build as fast as 4 villagers, so it's always better as germany to build buildings with sw.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

For a barracks
Vills ------ Time
1 --------- 30
2 --------- 25
3 --------- 20
4 --------- 15
5 --------- 13-16
6 --------- 12-15
7 --------- 11-15

It is never linear. And ye 1 vill is the optimum for efficiency.
Image Image Image
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Yes this is why I build everything with one villager and only pull additional villagers in dire situations. Usually it does not change construction time by much anyway and you are tossing away villager seconds.

Interesting if you look at the gain here it would appear 4 vils is also a nice number assuming they are not walking to build. Assumes these numbers are correct from garja.

For the additional vils i only quoted the villager seconds you are paying to get the improvement from 1 villager.

Vills ------ Time
1 --------- 30 = 30 VS
2 --------- 25 = 50 VS.... 20 VS for 5 seconds faster construction = 4 VS per second
3 --------- 20 = 60 VS.....30 VS for 10 seconds faster construction = 3 VS per second
4 --------- 15 = 60 VS......30 VS for 15 second faster construction = 2 VS per second
5 --------- 13-16 = 65 VS.... 17 Seconds = 3.8 VS per second
6 --------- 12-15 = 72 VS.... 18 Seconds = 4 VS per second
7 --------- 11-15 = 77 VS.....19 seconds = 4.05 VS per second
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

1 vil is always best for optimization as subsequent vils only take of a few seconds off from the build time (as opposed to scaling linearly as one would expect). Settler wagons build much faster than 2 vils, i believe its something like 200% faster than 1 vil which is as fast as 4 vils, so you actually save a ton of vil seconds by building buildings with SW.
De Funk
Australia outta_key_
Crossbow
ESO: outta_key_

Post by outta_key_ »

wow, this is really cool information. I've never considered this before, but you're right, four villagers seems to be mathematically superior. Do you happen to know the numbers behind the asian civ wonder construction?
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Also this might come in handy, haven't looked at it myself but there appears to have been a similar topic months ago. viewtopic.php?t=12123#p254385
De Funk
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

In the Brit vs Ger MU, if you're building your rax from the 700w then it's necessary to put more than one vill else you'll lose vills to the 2 uhlans, so you have to do it even if it's not efficient.

Also as Brit, when doing the VC build, if these stats are true, it would be ok to delay the rax by 15sec and build it with 4 vills because it means you can build 2.2 manors 15 sec earlier ie get 33VS for 30 VS lost :D
This isn't big though since you have to consider the walking time too.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Hidddy_ wrote:1 vil is always best for optimization as subsequent vils only take of a few seconds off from the build time (as opposed to scaling linearly as one would expect). Settler wagons build much faster than 2 vils, i believe its something like 300% or 200% faster than 1 vil, so you actually save a ton of vil seconds by building buildings with SW.

it is faster than one vil, but not more effecient than one vil my memory recalls. If you build a building with 1 vil or 1 SW the VS you lost is same; settler wagon just does faster, which is good.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

For most of buildings the walking time of multiple villagers brings too much inefficiency. For some buildings with long building time 4 vills might be somewhat efficient. That's kinda true for banks where the faster you get them the sooner they start to produce resources.

outta_key_ wrote:wow, this is really cool information. I've never considered this before, but you're right, four villagers seems to be mathematically superior. Do you happen to know the numbers behind the asian civ wonder construction?

It's -10 seconds for first four villagers, then -5 secs for the remaining four.

Settler wagons are faster than 2 vils. You should build stuff with SW only basically.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

One important thing: never mix different kind of vils/explo/whatever to build something. For example 1 vil + 1 explo builds a TP slower than just 1 explo, 1 vil + 1 SW builds slower than just 1 SW... So just use the fastest one to build only, otherwise it's a pure waste of VS.

Also yeah like it has been said already, building with more than 1 vil is a waste of VS because it's far from being a linear progression. 4 vils build as fast as 1 SW, i.e twice as fast as 1 vil, so it's the same waste of VS as having 2 vils idle for all the time your building needs to go up. But of course in some situations you need to get the building up asap and should still task more vils to build it.

Garja wrote:Settler wagons are faster than 2 vils. You should build stuff with SW only basically.

Well they're not more efficient at building stuff, just faster. 1 vil building something is the same loss of VS as 1 SW building the same thing (the SW is worth 2 idle vils there, but for half the time). So actually if your SW has some walking time, it's gonna be less efficient to use a SW than a vil, VS wise. But yeah without walking time, always use SWs because your stuff will be up earlier and that's always good to take.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Yes, it's good to know. I used to build banks with 2-3 vills sometimes, now I know it's either 1 or 4.

By the way, is it be bad to build a TC with the TAD explorer+vills then?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

probably. cuz explorers build tc really slow, while vils build it fast. kinda the opposite of tp.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

If you build with 2 kinds of units, it will sort of make an average between the 2 building times, instead of just building faster. So I never tried with vils + explo on tc but I bet it's shit.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

it probably adds up just like for TPs. So what's sure is that it's faster but not efficient because with just the explorer you don't lose VS.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

No, building a TP with explo + vil is slower than building a TP with only explo.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

it's just like asian civ wonders: it's good if you put 1-4 vils on it. using 5-8 vils is bad then (8 vils on wonder may be useful sometimes, but 8 vils on rax is stupid anyway).
Bank can produce gold and mass XP, so putting 3-4 vils on it is good. but still avoid 5+ vils.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

fei123456 wrote:it's just like asian civ wonders: it's good if you put 1-4 vils on it. using 5-8 vils is bad then (8 vils on wonder may be useful sometimes, but 8 vils on rax is stupid anyway).
Bank can produce gold and mass XP, so putting 3-4 vils on it is good. but still avoid 5+ vils.

u cant put 8 on a rax. i think it's capped at 4. same for houses and other stuff. Only some buildings, I think wonders, TC's, banks and consulates can be built by more than 4 vils.

8 on a wonder is often good, at least to age3+. I also sometimes put a lot of vils on the consulate, because they take forever.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

hmm? i remember that only tower/warhut/blockhouse has a limit of 4 vills.
most buildings can be built by 8 vils, and mills/plantations 10.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I never knew about mixing different building speeds. That is good to know if it is true.

4 vils does seem to be the best if you want faster build times. I am going to start 4 vil banking and 1 vil other things. Usually the bank is the only thing I am to build faster.