building time

Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Re: building time

Post by Thrar »

Can you tell us more about how you collected this data?

For example, I'd be interested to know:
  • How many times did you run each number of vils?
  • How did you ensure that all vils started building at the same time, without repositioning themselves etc?
  • How did you measure when they started and completed?
  • Do you have a recording or scenario that others can execute to replicate your results?
Taiwan JiaHoJian
Crossbow
ESO: Canyougiant

Post by JiaHoJian »

Thrar wrote:Can you tell us more about how you collected this data?

For example, I'd be interested to know:
  • How many times did you run each number of vils?
  • How did you ensure that all vils started building at the same time, without repositioning themselves etc?
  • How did you measure when they started and completed?
  • Do you have a recording or scenario that others can execute to replicate your results?

Hi,
1. I tested each case, from 1 villager to 8 villagers, two times.
2. I ordered 8 villagers to build the trading post, and then deleted the trading post when they started to build it. This way, the eight villagers will start to build the trading post at the same time next time I order them to build.
3. I looked at the timer through my naked eyes, and then started to build the trading post, memorized the starting time. I kept looking at the timer, when I heard the "completing sound effect" of the trading post, I memorized the ending time. Finally, by subtracting the starting time from the ending time, I got the building time of the trading post.
4. No, I didn't record my testing process, and I didn't create a custom scenario to test it. I tested it on a random standard map. The result is obvious because as we can see, in some cases, there is almost a 3 seconds difference between my formula and other formulas. I will record a video to further confirm my testing data.
Taiwan JiaHoJian
Crossbow
ESO: Canyougiant

Post by JiaHoJian »

Here you go, I have recorded my entire testing process. As we can see, it takes 33 seconds for 5 villagers to build a trading post, and only my formula is accurate enough, other formulas are almost 3 seconds apart.
phpBB [video]