Brit vs aztec

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Brit vs aztec

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Garja wrote:Except your advice is bs and I got 75% win rate on all my accounts in this MU.
My tip: start huss.

2 years ago I won with a huss start and you said that I got fucking lucky because huss start is way too greedy to hold a rush xD

Anyway, lb start is indeed better because you're not going to raid early on with your huss (you need them at home to hold the rush and you might lose them if you raid), and you're not even going to defend your market or your tower against pikes.
Furthermore, since 5 huss are more expensive than 5 lb and 10 huss a lot more expensive than10 lb, you'll have to skip like 4-5 manors ie 4-5 vills if open with hussars.

All in all, it's easier to hold with lb (because you have the range advantage and it means the aztec player will have to commit between your TC and your tower and get rekt by a mm pop), and you have a better eco so lb start is obviously better.
Something like 700w/600w for a good eco+stable and then 700c for a huss switch is very solid, you'll have a great eco, 10-15 lb to hold the rush early on, and huss in time for the Aztec timing if he commits, or to timing yourself else.

I never told you such bs, since I know perfectly that huss start is best and in fact has best win rate in general vs anyone and by anyone.
Lbow start is better than musk start, that's for sure. Still it isn't great.
In the end anway, I think this MU is just good for Aztecs no matter what. Surely there is room for making mistakes which is how Brits generally win. If the game goes on Azzies just win with better everything.
Image Image Image
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Garja wrote:A Brit who tries to time an Aztec in colonial is going to lose in my xp.
Unsurprising if your xp is Brit cav starts
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Garja wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:I don't see how a cav start helps you. You could be booming if you made a more cost effective composition like lb behind a wall.

Raids, plus it force Aztecs to build puma which is their worst and more expensive unit.
Lb behind a wall is too much of a tell to Aztecs to do what they want.

You can't raid because you need to defend, and with a lb start you're going to add cav later so they will still have to make pumas.
Besides as GS said, regardless of what the brit does, you do what you want with Aztecs lol, you'll be down in eco regardless, and more if he starts lb.

It's really insane how you always have to answer "from experience it doesn't work" or "it's the way it is supposed to be" when we explain precisely why a strat is better than the other.
You're not some kind of god who knows everything about the game as your in game results show.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I claim to know this MU in particular quite well. And it's one of the few MUs where I have clear positive win rate vs pretty much every one.
With that said, I dont really care, I play this from Azzy pov so I'm happy people don't go for the best.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

rushing brit makes no sense anyway, its the greedy contain/tp play that seems the strongest, ive had no trouble vs azzy rush
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hazza54321 wrote:rushing brit makes no sense anyway, its the greedy contain/tp play that seems the strongest, ive had no trouble vs azzy rush

Yes, which is why you want to make as much eco as possible (I like to go VC in this MU), and start lb anyway since it is the most eco heavy start.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i know this sounds retarded but i think azzy late colonial with att dance is better military wise
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hazza54321 wrote:i know this sounds retarded but i think azzy late colonial with att dance is better military wise

It's close but Aztecs probably has a slight advantage in late colo. The thing is that you're not going to play a late colonial, you're going to outboom super hard in early game (that's why you don't go huss start because then you won't outboom) and either break the contain in colonial because you have 2 times more, or age and win with falcs.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Hazza54321 wrote:i know this sounds retarded but i think azzy late colonial with att dance is better military wise
Can't let em get there.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I remember someone doing like a 30-40 mace rush vs me when I started with barracks and it was quite annoying. Tc wont even 1 hit em. Probably 700w 10 mace 9 mace. It quite forced all vills go inside tc.
Of course if there is a hidden stable, then you are completely fucked after all.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/player?t=age3ySP1v1&n=Garja&m=latestmatch&v=500&gt=1v1&p1=King_Zephiel&p2=&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=&p7=&mc=9&oc=1&map=&lenf=&lent=&ft=1

http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/pla ... lent=&ft=1

Lol dude I have 70-75% win rate in this MU, why are you having posting justr some of them.I have positive win rate vs Aiz, he can confirm.
And vs other good players too, h2o, spadel, etc.
What comes closer to beat azzies is what h2o does.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

somppukunkku wrote:I remember someone doing like a 30-40 mace rush vs me when I started with barracks and it was quite annoying. Tc wont even 1 hit em. Probably 700w 10 mace 9 mace. It quite forced all vills go inside tc.
Of course if there is a hidden stable, then you are completely fucked after all.

With a tower, a lb spam and minutemen you hold this easily. It's tough if you go VC however.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Garja wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/player?t=age3ySP1v1&n=Garja&m=latestmatch&v=500&gt=1v1&p1=King_Zephiel&p2=&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=&p7=&mc=9&oc=1&map=&lenf=&lent=&ft=1

Lol dude I have 70-75% win rate in this MU, why are you having posting justr some of them.I have positive win rate vs Aiz, he can confirm.
And vs other good players too, h2o, spadel, etc.
What comes closer to beat azzies is what h2o does.

Well you have a positive win rate vs H2O because he starts cav lol. You don't have a positive win rate vs me in this MU, even though you won some games because I fucked.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:I remember someone doing like a 30-40 mace rush vs me when I started with barracks and it was quite annoying. Tc wont even 1 hit em. Probably 700w 10 mace 9 mace. It quite forced all vills go inside tc.

With a tower, a lb spam and minutemen you hold this easily. It's tough if you go VC however.

if mm pops there is nothing to snare and maces are really good firing+running same time
usually you manage to kill a few vills on the way running there
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I find it almost impossible to win as Brit.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

somppukunkku wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

if mm pops there is nothing to snare and maces are really good firing+running same time
This is why you wall. Make them take a huge detour or lose 5 maces sieging in order to get to your vills/army
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

play now?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

somppukunkku wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

The explorer can snare, and you only send the mm if he commits behind your TC and can't escape, which is something you should be able to do because you outrange him.
Also if you get cheesed you can always send 6 lb to hold. Honestly I don't think that a 100% mace rush is an issue.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

somppukunkku wrote:play now?
I only play AoE2 now :(
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

I only play sc2 now :(
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

That's gonna change :chinese:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

You only post here, not playing anything
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

somppukunkku wrote:You only post here, not playing anything

Yes
@Goodspeed probably haha
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Lol diarouga we barely played this MU ever. When we did we concluded that 10wp mace puma shits on musk huss, as I predicted.
Image Image Image