Brit vs aztec

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Brit vs aztec

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Garja wrote:Lol diarouga we barely played this MU ever. When we did we concluded that 10wp mace puma shits on musk huss, as I predicted.

We played it like 3 times where I went for a lb start and you went for a contain play and I won these 3 games (1 on Kamchatka where I went for a greedy huss start vs your pike rush, 1 on Arkansas where I went for a VC semi ff and raped your contain and you blamed it on the map having too much resource, and one on Hudson Bay where you left at 6-7 min after getting mad because you had a bad start), then I went VC into full musk/huss without lb vs 10 wp boom and I won one, you won the rematch, and we indeed concluded that 10wp mace/puma with wh in base beats musk/huss, then I went for a semi ff and I lost one game because I went full musk/huss again (which is obviously bad), and I won the rematch where I went for a lb/musk semi.

In the end it's 5-2 for me.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

7 games. A lot lol.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Garja wrote:7 games. A lot lol.

That's not a lot, but you don't have a positive win rate vs me in this MU.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Fine lol.
Image Image Image
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Aztecs can't win this MU no matter what you do.

Huss start into musk/huss works but I'd say it's the easiest way for Aztecs to win.
My favourite strat is VC with lb start into musk/huss after you have 10/15 lb but you can also do it without VC.

You should just outboom and thus outmass really hard and when you get a big musk/huss army, there's nothing azzy can do with mace/pike.

I would say age asap with tower and start LB shipping 6 LB if you scout forward warhut. If you can get ur tower on some good hunts to expand if necessary you don't really have to worry about running out of hunts before u outclass Aztec economically and militarily. It's a good idea to start with straight LB IMHO because the meta is to make coyo and not ship them. Garja even has in his guide not to incude the coyo shipment if I recall correctly. This will protect you from some corny mega siege skull knight, jaguar BB puma cue/shipment rush. I'm guessing no one even tries that above 1st lt. but I still see it from time to time.

, at least at my PR and with at least a thousand games playing warchiefs (mostly iro az) Britts is one of the hardest MU. Not a whole lot you can do against a civ that can age right behind you with a free tower, hold your rush with a good bow shipment and outboom you pretty easily and quickly and then ass rape whatever age 2 composition, or even age 3 if u manage to get there. I have spammed fully upgraded Jags aat brit musks in TR and still just barely won fights cost effectively and didn't even come close when you consider brits has a much better eco.

in my experience mace are only viable in age 2-3/ After that they just suck even if you send the huge coin cost shipment that upgrades their HP or whatever. So in TR I never even use them at all(not to mention they cost wood) They just don't keep up in stats for the population space they take. ERK pretty much seems to replace them as a ranged infantry behind jaguars even if they are theoreticaly goons because they can win against musks pop effectively if not cost. Population is abig deal for az late game because they really only have a fighting pop of 90. Luckily jag and ERK take only 1 each, but you need every pop space u can get to win cost effectively in fights.

So yeah musk hussar, i'd say az is pretty weak against this. Pumas are a shitty unit, but are the only cav counter in age 2. Coyo vs huss is a joke. Pumas cost a lot of gold for what they are and personally I hate having to macro gold unless I'm trying to age. And all they can really do is add siege damage and can't really fight. I'm pretty sure one hussar beats one puma in fact, and if you consider your econmy being much better as britts that could almost be a tie on the economic level...well maybe not quite, but long story short, making him make pumas is a good way to win, because even if he kills all ur cav u can just switch to LB pike and rek puma.coyo/ mace. If you can make him invest a ton of resources into a unit that is only really good at killing hussar vs brits (no undefended TP to siege even) and then flush it all down with some bows u got him

i'd wait for a confirmation by one of the above legends before taking any of this seriously though, for I am noob

UPDATE : puma is the only kind of pikemen that hussar do not beat 1v1 but it is close. I just tried to see how fast I could age with tower and have 11 LB out. I had 11 LB by 4:50 and my tower up, another 5 LB and another shipment that could be musket by 525/530

Then I tried to see how fast I could do that ultimate siege rush build with aztec, and get a forward FB up to ship skull knights, BB pumas etc. It took me at least until 5 min to get my jaguars, skulls and pumas out. By 6 min I had 10 mace shipment and some more pumas as well. but I was scrambling for wood getting housed. I feel like by 6 min brit could easily have 10 more LB and I don't think this rush could work against brits if tower and TC in range of enough hutns. So aztec has to take advantage of their late colonail OPness, but isn't brit just as OP late colo?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

jgals wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Aztecs can't win this MU no matter what you do.

Huss start into musk/huss works but I'd say it's the easiest way for Aztecs to win.
My favourite strat is VC with lb start into musk/huss after you have 10/15 lb but you can also do it without VC.

You should just outboom and thus outmass really hard and when you get a big musk/huss army, there's nothing azzy can do with mace/pike.

I would say age asap with tower and start LB shipping 6 LB if you scout forward warhut.

Don't send 6 lb.

If you can get ur tower on some good hunts to expand if necessary you don't really have to worry about running out of hunts before u outclass Aztec economically and militarily.

If you do that your tower is either going to be useless because it won't defend your base, or killed by your opponent which is going to give him a lot of exp, so don't do that.

It's a good idea to start with straight LB IMHO because the meta is to make coyo and not ship them.

Of course you don't ship coyotes lol, you train them. But even against a guy who sends 5 coyotes one time out of two it'd still be better to start with lb since you hold with vills and mm.

Garja even has in his guide not to incude the coyo shipment if I recall correctly. This will protect you from some corny mega siege skull knight, jaguar BB puma cue/shipment rush. I'm guessing no one even tries that above 1st lt. but I still see it from time to time.

Yea, no one goes for the 2 skull openings, it's bad and it means you're going to get all in'd.

, at least at my PR and with at least a thousand games playing warchiefs (mostly iro az) Britts is one of the hardest MU. Not a whole lot you can do against a civ that can age right behind you with a free tower, hold your rush with a good bow shipment and outboom you pretty easily and quickly and then ass rape whatever age 2 composition, or even age 3 if u manage to get there. I have spammed fully upgraded Jags aat brit musks in TR and still just barely won fights cost effectively and didn't even come close when you consider brits has a much better eco.

in my experience mace are only viable in age 2-3/

Games never go longer than age 2/3 so I guess it doesn't matter.

After that they just suck even if you send the huge coin cost shipment that upgrades their HP or whatever. So in TR I never even use them at all(not to mention they cost wood) They just don't keep up in stats for the population space they take. ERK pretty much seems to replace them as a ranged infantry behind jaguars even if they are theoreticaly goons because they can win against musks pop effectively if not cost. Population is abig deal for az late game because they really only have a fighting pop of 90. Luckily jag and ERK take only 1 each, but you need every pop space u can get to win cost effectively in fights.

So yeah musk hussar, i'd say az is pretty weak against this.

mace/puma does ok vs musk/huss in age 2, and in age 3 eagles rape musk/huss.

Pumas are a shitty unit, but are the only cav counter in age 2. Coyo vs huss is a joke. Pumas cost a lot of gold for what they are and personally I hate having to macro gold unless I'm trying to age. And all they can really do is add siege damage and can't really fight. I'm pretty sure one hussar beats one puma in fact, and if you consider your econmy being much better as britts that could almost be a tie on the economic level...well maybe not quite, but long story short, making him make pumas is a good way to win, because even if he kills all ur cav u can just switch to LB pike and rek puma.coyo/ mace. If you can make him invest a ton of resources into a unit that is only really good at killing hussar vs brits (no undefended TP to siege even) and then flush it all down with some bows u got him

Yes, it's good to make hussars to force your opponent to make pumas, but you should start with lb still, because it will give you a better eco, a better time holding later in the game, and 5 huss don't do shit anyway since the aztec player will have some coyo/pikes anyway.

i'd wait for a confirmation by one of the above legends before taking any of this seriously though, for I am noob

UPDATE : puma is the only kind of pikemen that hussar do not beat 1v1 but it is close. I just tried to see how fast I could age with tower and have 11 LB out. I had 11 LB by 4:50 and my tower up, another 5 LB and another shipment that could be musket by 525/530

Then I tried to see how fast I could do that ultimate siege rush build with aztec, and get a forward FB up to ship skull knights, BB pumas etc. It took me at least until 5 min to get my jaguars, skulls and pumas out. By 6 min I had 10 mace shipment and some more pumas as well. but I was scrambling for wood getting housed. I feel like by 6 min brit could easily have 10 more LB and I don't think this rush could work against brits if tower and TC in range of enough hutns. So aztec has to take advantage of their late colonail OPness, but isn't brit just as OP late colo?
I think Brit should win in late colo thanks to the insane eco, and they can age anyway, that's why Brits>Aztecs.