should britt start musk vs germans?

Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

should britt start musk vs germans?

Post by jgals »

played a match yesterday where the douche bag would only let me play nilla civ. If anyone on here reading knows me they know I am not known for playing any civ but warchief. But lately I have encountered a lot of people who discriminate like this and since there is no one on often I decided to brush up on some nilla civ.

So we played Sonora me brit vs his germans. I always read that germans are weak vs musks, but maybe I actually read that germans not having musks is the weakness? So maybe I misread that. Anyway I started musk since it's what I always like with brits, it just seems smooth and effective most of the time, but he easily kited with bow and raided with ulan. I realized I needed to get a stable up and that huss musk would rek his composition, but by that time he got to fortress and i resigned after he shipped and made some skirm and raid pressure kept me from hunting.

So I am wondering if bow pike would have been better as brits since ulan are pretty weak to LB mass and pike could chase
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Re: should britt start musk vs germans?

Post by Jaeger »

I'm not sure but I think this may depend on your PR; what is it?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

ovi12 wrote:I'm not sure but I think this may depend on your PR; what is it?

LOW 20S lately, but I 1v1 up to 30
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

My favorite thing to do vs ger is this:

Age at 2:40 with the tower. Fb mid map and start cav. Send 700w. You really want to idle him with your first batch so that he hopefully gets only 4 uhlans first batch. From the 700w make a rax and 5 pike, and siege the TP with them. Keep your cav halfway between your pikes and base, in case he raids or decides to fight the 5 pike with cav. Keep just making cav pike until he ages, at which point you want 10-15 lb to kill any ww (may be good to make 5 or 10 and ship 6). When he ages, push. Just keep making pike huss with 10 lb, unless he does something different like mass WW, BR, or dopps, at which point you want to make more lb (or musk vs dopps).
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

How do you idle ger with cav? They always outmass, esp. on RE...
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

You can idle ger with a Brit cav start cuz u age normally around 4.10-4.20 while he ages like 20 30 seconds later. If u build a forward stable you'll have cav in his base before he gets out his first batch @deleted_user4

Pike hus sounds fun and can work but u gotta keep up the pressure. If you give the ger space he might get out a comp that's impossible to beat.

Shit now I wanna play this matchup. Like right now
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

deleted_user wrote:How do you idle ger with cav? They always outmass, esp. on RE...

Well you are up at 4:10 and they are up at 4:35; in my experience if you stable mid map (with tower in case of weird stuff) your huss are there before they finish the batch. Also you will see the 2 uhlans coming out, so it's nice that they won't be able to instantly go and raid you.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Cav start is only viable imo on EP
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

rsy wrote:You can idle ger with a Brit cav start cuz u age normally around 4.10-4.20 while he ages like 20 30 seconds later. If u build a forward stable you'll have cav in his base before he gets out his first batch @deleted_user4

Pike hus sounds fun and can work but u gotta keep up the pressure. If you give the ger space he might get out a comp that's impossible to beat.

Shit now I wanna play this matchup. Like right now

I think the only thing you have to watch out for is ger adding in a rax, at which point you want to switch to making musks for a while in case of pike/dopp.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

deleted_user wrote:Cav start is only viable imo on EP

Can u elaborate on that plz?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ger uhlan spam is nuts. Brit's early cav spam isn't anything special because they need to ship wood and build manors. And going cav under Ger TC? You're probably going to lose them.

On EP uhlans die to hussars in one less hit in colonial.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

deleted_user wrote:Ger uhlan spam is nuts. Brit's early cav spam isn't anything special because they need to ship wood and build manors. And going cav under Ger TC? You're probably going to lose them.

On EP uhlans die to hussars in one less hit in colonial.

Well that's why you ship 700w first, make a rax and 5 pike immediately. And I only said to go under the TC with your first batch because theirs won't be out yet. How would you play the MU? I'm trying to join the Brit club but playing Brit is hard
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

It's probably not good vs a good player but it's just what I came up with.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

You should start pike in this MU because starting musk makes no sense, and huss are too expensive and slow your boom.

The idea is that you want to make as much eco as possible while defending the raids with 5-10 pikes, and then either age on decent maps, or play age 2 on bad maps.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

some good debate here thanks guys. Diarouga's answer seems the most straightforward and cool headed as usual. A good guy until you piss him off I've learned. Is your eco going to outclass his enough to beat a transition to fortress if he makes one batch of cav and realizes he has nothing on ur pikes? Germany is good at gathering a ton of coin early it seems to me he could even do something like sned jaeger or save a shipment and have 2 skirm shipments in fortress, or ww canon etc. Wouldn't that beat brits colonial unless ur eco and military infrastructure was isnanely better?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Jgalz and rouga <3 sittin' in a tree
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

deleted_user wrote:Jgalz and rouga <3 sittin' in a tree

HE DID give it to me in the butt once or twice
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

jgalz is Dr. Chuck Tingle?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:You should start pike in this MU because starting musk makes no sense, and huss are too expensive and slow your boom.

The idea is that you want to make as much eco as possible while defending the raids with 5-10 pikes, and then either age on decent maps, or play age 2 on bad maps.

How is the age up BO? If no early TP, is it TP in transition to II, 3v 700w 5v 700g?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

I guesd just vc 700w 5v 700g
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Hazza54321 wrote:I guesd just vc 700w 5v 700g

:O And TP in transition or no TP? Also, do u go to 200 pop?
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

i met a good brit player who chop 400w during transition, send 700g-6musk, and send 5 hussar 16 musk into my base before 6:00...
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I don't really care to describe the mu, but I feel like Brit has many viable ways of playing against Germany. Hussar, Musk, Pike; they're all fine starting units. Age 2 or age 3, both are fine.

The key to this matchup is picking the right fights at the right times and not losing vills for free.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

i like starting grenadier
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

ovi12 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:You should start pike in this MU because starting musk makes no sense, and huss are too expensive and slow your boom.

How is the age up BO? If no early TP, is it TP in transition to II, 3v 700w 5v 700g?

I'd do the VC build haha with VC/700w/5v/700c, but you can also do 3v/700w/5v/700c and have an equal game.
You don't really need a TP and with the VC build you should go 200 pop, with the 3v build probably somewhere between 120 and 160 pop.