Healer Treasures

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Healer Treasures

Post by Papist »

I know the general consensus is that healers are bad in most cases because they require a church and are cost ineffective. But that being said, could the healer treasures be any good? I'm thinking primarily of the medicine men/surgeons on Great Plains. Considering the guardians tend to be pretty weak, could it ever be good to grab one of them? Even if you only pick up a couple HP as a result, it's still free value
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Healer Treasures

Post by Kaiserklein »

If you have nothing better to do with your units, or if the treasure is on your way, it's pretty much always worth taking it. As you said, it's free value, even if it's explo hp, some livestock or a healer.

And honestly having a free healer to heal your idle units when you're not fighting is definitely not bad. It's just usually not worth paying for the church and the healer, but in this case it's fine. People do heal their units with indian elephants after all...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Hero hp is underated
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Well on California for example there simply are no better treasure but the risky 150w. What are the other options? Bad -> might as well go for it.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

There's sometimes a few decent treasures on california. Anyway, in age 1, it's better not to take anything than trying to get a healer. It's not worth losing hp, or maybe even losing your explo, for a useless healer in age 1. It's something you can grab later on with units.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

I usually don't bother unless it's conveniently close to my army. It's not that they're bad; it's just that there are almost always more important things to be doing with your army and explorer. If the guardian's weren't so strong then I'd probably get them earlier on in the game.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

but the healer treasures are usually not easy to get.
4 cougars are quite scary. your explorer may lose tons of HP, and waste lots of time on that. you may even lose your explorer if you get caught.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Healers are pretty under rated. But until people can play the game well without them there probably isn’t any reason to go for them.