China Questions

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: China Questions

Post by zoom »

_H2O wrote:Zoom can you try to be nice while answering people’s questions. This game is not very clear on what it’s doing to train times. There are training points and training % reductions and it’s not clear if they stack or only apply on the base. I don’t even know the answer to how this works and I was playing 10 years ago.

You know a lot about the game and there’s no need to make others feel dumb while you help.

This being said, zoom has spent time looking at this stuff for EP and I trust him to know how it works! Looks like the percent reductions are additive while means they apply only to the base.

5 + 20 + 25 = 50% faster base training which means they train at double speed.
I'll try. It's hard to be nice when you're a mean person.

Also, It's 100% faster base training; half the train-points (the effect is technically reducing train points).
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

duckzilla wrote:
airgorden wrote:
duckzilla wrote:Just for clarification: I mixed up the name of mass production with the chinese age III faster training card ;)
Of course the factory upgrade (which I just learned is called mass production) has an effect on heavy cannon training.

If Acupuncture decreases heavy cannon train time by 20%, it is (interestingly) the strongest card to do so in the game.

I want to know where zoom is seeing the decrease in train time. Where can I see this info ?

It shows a list of Acupuncture's effects in-game. One of them is:
"Unit: Changes Train Points by -20.00%"

This should affect any single unit in the game, since I guess all of them (even settlers) have the tag "unit" given to them. It does not affect banner armies, which is why the HC card further lists decreased train time for all banner armies.
Again, wrong. It does affect practically every single unit in the game. What it then lists (as previously implied by me ITT) are increases in train time for the banner armies trained by the Summer Palace, and the Flying Crow trained by the Confucian Academy, as well as the Monk (at the Town Center) – to avoid the effect of the shipment including them. Please note how the notes for those items read "20%" as opposed to "-20%".

It's confusing and not very intuitive, I think, but verifiable in game, if you so wish.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Gender rule of them, when zoom says something, assume the opposite to be true
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

ez