Russia vs Ottomans on Great Plains

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Re: Russia vs Ottomans on Great Plains

Post by Papist »

I wish I had a rec of the game I played yesterday. I built an HM blockhouse and went for the standard 5 coss/5 musk opening. I caught and killed 3 huss almost immediately (I assumed it was the shipment), but got caught by an additional 2 huss and an MM pop. He got stagecoach at this point, and started jan/abus production. When he finally came at me, he had something like 15 jan, 10 abus, and 15 cav and I just got dumpstered. I feel like I had the musk and cav mass to hold if he went for an FF, but I felt like I had no answer to this colonial play.

http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... _Supremacy
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

bwinner1 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Well it's unfair but not as hopeless as you guys think.
A top player can beat pr35 players in that MU, by outplaying a little.

You can actually beat age 2 otto by turtling, raiding, and hiting a boyard timing (although that's not easy).

ff is the real issue. You can either go for a ff (700w/700c), and then make only ruskets with the falc shipment (in which case it's all about the falc micro, if you kill the falcs or simply trade them it's possible to win), or rush. Iddle him a lot with a strel spam (do not make musks), and after he holds you should have a good eco, and you want to buy time (base trade, raid etc), and try to outmass him thanks to your eco. Something like 13 strels/5coss/700w does the job here.

I though the same in the past but when I played for 2nd chance this MU vs hwoarang, (I was russia) I scouted 200g+tower in base so I sent for an ff but then he went for a fast all in revo and with this slow russian ff there was nothing I could do I felt :/

Well, I don't have a lot of experience against fast revo (not at all actually), but maybe with walls, a fort and culvs it could work, not sure though. Anyway, rush stops the FI.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Papist wrote:I wish I had a rec of the game I played yesterday. I built an HM blockhouse and went for the standard 5 coss/5 musk opening. I caught and killed 3 huss almost immediately (I assumed it was the shipment), but got caught by an additional 2 huss and an MM pop. He got stagecoach at this point, and started jan/abus production. When he finally came at me, he had something like 15 jan, 10 abus, and 15 cav and I just got dumpstered. I feel like I had the musk and cav mass to hold if he went for an FF, but I felt like I had no answer to this colonial play.

imo you can start strelet in this MU. russian musk lose badly to janissary.
Niger Trollbjorn
Crossbow

Post by Trollbjorn »

fei123456 wrote:
Papist wrote:I wish I had a rec of the game I played yesterday. I built an HM blockhouse and went for the standard 5 coss/5 musk opening. I caught and killed 3 huss almost immediately (I assumed it was the shipment), but got caught by an additional 2 huss and an MM pop. He got stagecoach at this point, and started jan/abus production. When he finally came at me, he had something like 15 jan, 10 abus, and 15 cav and I just got dumpstered. I feel like I had the musk and cav mass to hold if he went for an FF, but I felt like I had no answer to this colonial play.

imo you can start strelet in this MU. russian musk lose badly to janissary.

it depends how many of them you will make. if you invest same amount of ress in ruskets as otto in jans i think you gonna win. on the other hand otto usually goes jan/abus so strel would be a better option. just socut stable if he builds one or your strel mass gonna get rekt by huss.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

To remove kebab you just need winged hussars
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Googol wrote:To remove kebab you just need winged hussars

No u need armenian warri0rs
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Well it's unfair but not as hopeless as you guys think.
A top player can beat pr35 players in that MU, by outplaying a little.

You can actually beat age 2 otto by turtling, raiding, and hiting a boyard timing (although that's not easy).

ff is the real issue. You can either go for a ff (700w/700c), and then make only ruskets with the falc shipment (in which case it's all about the falc micro, if you kill the falcs or simply trade them it's possible to win), or rush. Iddle him a lot with a strel spam (do not make musks), and after he holds you should have a good eco, and you want to buy time (base trade, raid etc), and try to outmass him thanks to your eco. Something like 13 strels/5coss/700w does the job here.

I though the same in the past but when I played for 2nd chance this MU vs hwoarang, (I was russia) I scouted 200g+tower in base so I sent for an ff but then he went for a fast all in revo and with this slow russian ff there was nothing I could do I felt :/

Well, I don't have a lot of experience against fast revo (not at all actually), but maybe with walls, a fort and culvs it could work, not sure though. Anyway, rush stops the FI.

Yeah that's why I think you need to try for a rush