stfu u merc noob
29%

Total votes: 125

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

LAMME german MERC strats

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hey guys, this is a small guide to german mercs I wrote a while ago and I just remembered of (credits to @BrookG ), so I thought I should post it, since a lot of people ask questions about mercs. It was initially supposed to be incorporated in @Mitoe 's guide to germany (hence the format of the text), but this nob always forgets to add it, so meh.

Saloon semi-ff
Effective Against: Semi-FF
Weak Against: Mid Colonial or Early Fortress timing (~9 min)
Acceptable Against: Eco-heavy civilizations
**Special Cases: Otto, Japan (Club Rush), All-in Aggression
Deck
Saloon Briefing
Build Order

That's it. Imo this build is not strong, except maybe on a few match ups/maps/saloon spawns. I do it regularly because I just enjoy it. But I do think mercs strats have some potential, probably by adding some unit shipments in the deck, shipping 700g to age at a decent time, and mixing units to balance your composition.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Re: LAMME german MERC strats

Post by Mitoe »

:')
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Mitoe wrote::')

Still time to add it in your post, or link it at least :p
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I will add it.

But since I've procrastinated this long, I may as well procrastinate another couple of days.

Never do today what may be done tomorrow!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Exactly my way of thinking
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

This build helped me to get +5 PR but as Kaiser said your opponent always have a pretty large time window to kill you and your success will rely on the map, the opponent's civ and luck.
That being said, from experience it works well against ottolamers at my level
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

Thanks for the merc guide, Kaiser. Since Mitoe (Happy Birthday btw :P ) has been slacking lately, I have pinned the guide on the Strategy Wall. :flowers:
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

One of the most fun ways to play Ger, unless you get mams and lil bombards or something.
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer
ESO: Kickass

Post by Kickass_OP »

lol Nice, kaiser.
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Great stuff kaizer! nicely done
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Didn’t that German guide never get finished anyway
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Could this play style also be applicable to dutch seeing as their vills gather coin fast. I've 'pencilled' the idea below:

A dutch vill gathers at a base rate of 0.69 coin per sec (Euro vill + 15%) with the market ups stacking on top of this dutch base value, this means a dutch vill gathers coin at 0.89 coin per sec which is faster than the base hunting rate. With dutch amalgamation the concept of a bank (350f and 350w) is slightly less appealing as it equates to 3.1 of the amalgamation vills which you can uprade for nearly half the price (200f 200w). Now not factoring mines running out (will be a main issue with this idea) it is more efficent to buy wood at market with a buy price of around 150-160+ coin than to chop it so all ills would either be on food or coin.

Card Order:
3v
700w
700f/g to help age
1000w {royal mint isnt needed here}

Colonial wood: 400w + 700w, Assuming an age 1 bank is built then the remaining wood could be spent on bank, market HD, saloon, 3 house, PM and buy wood for amalg.

{I feel dutch early market in age 1 for buying wood for first bank can be explored a little more, even if it is not built before age-up as chopping 350 w is very painful.}

Same principle in training a batch or 2 of outlaws in colonial with mercs and either barracks or stable added in dependent on what is needed to combo with the mercs, only food cost is 50f skirms, 30f ruyter or 120f hussars (may not be needed). Also artillery play is also a possibility. 300w of 1000w could be used for the foundry but then wood for the falcs can be bought as well as additional housing.

lets hope next iteration of ESOC maps is filled with Gold mines.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah dutch sounds good for mercs because of their gold income and lower reliance on gold mines. But they lack 2 very important cards: the house card and advanced mercenaries. So basically they can't train 5-10 outlaws, unless they build an extra 3 to 7 houses (depending on the outlaw and how many you prod). Sounds painful for dutch in early colo. And their mercs won't be that strong without the upgrade, though if you get lucky and have a cav merc, you can send cav combat (works on mercs for dutch), but that's just really not as good as the german card.
Also the free uhlans mean that you have a little bit of cav, which you won't be able to afford as dutch early on, and that's free snaring potential, cover for your ranged inf, and raiding potential.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Idk about a build based on it, but sometimes, it saved my ass to go merc as dutch when nous more food in base and age 3. But I don't think this is something you plan to do from start for the reasons Kaiser said.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

I've never seen a more balanced poll around here
Mexico Kap_AOE3
Musketeer
ESO: _Kap
GameRanger ID: 9118960

Post by Kap_AOE3 »

How do you counter this lamme strat? I've lost against pr27-28 who only do this strat.
:pop:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Kap_AOE3 wrote:How do you counter this lamme strat? I've lost against pr27-28 who only do this strat.
raid their coin mines
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

If he goes saloon in colo alreay it's better if you know what outlaws he gets. On most maps you can easily counter them and do some damage in colo, especially when ger ages.
Then if he has melee mercs in fort, you can train spies and they'll do great. Plus skirms and a few goons and ger can't really do much. Even vs ranged mercs you can usually stealth your spies and get a great trade. Be careful not to target uhlans with your spies. Check in his decks what mercs he got so you don't die to hackappells especially. Pressure or raid the mines if you can, and do whatever else your civ usually does
Mexico Kap_AOE3
Musketeer
ESO: _Kap
GameRanger ID: 9118960

Post by Kap_AOE3 »

deleted_user wrote:
Kap_AOE3 wrote:How do you counter this lamme strat? I've lost against pr27-28 who only do this strat.
raid their coin mines
Sounds not to difficult Im going to try it. Thanks, I really hate those outlaws and cowboys :uglylol:
:pop:
No Flag reuehcS
Crossbow

Post by reuehcS »

@Kap_AOE3 Don't spend too much time thinking about how to defend yourself against this strategy. at EP9 mercenaries will be heavily nerfed.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

reuehcS wrote:@Kap_AOE3 Don't spend too much time thinking about how to defend yourself against this strategy. at EP9 mercenaries will be heavily nerfed.

Hello, where did you get this information?
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

There's definitely some fun ways to deal with lamee merc strats as japan- ninja shipment, consulate ninjas. Theres lots of ways to do it, and ninjas have the advantage of legitimately beating uhlans along with the mercs. Add in japans usual nagi and yumi for the ranged mercs and its all around a solid answer to german merc laming in my experience
Belgium LegalPenguin
Musketeer
ESO: LegalPenguin

Post by LegalPenguin »

Small question about mercs: do they shadow-tech? Are they viable in Imperial Age? What happens to mercs when you would revolt?
And am I the only one that just loves Ronin+Advanced mercs? Just watching 15 of those guys run to an enemy TC and tear it down in a blink, makes me feel real warm inside.
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ...
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

reuehcS wrote:@Kap_AOE3 Don't spend too much time thinking about how to defend yourself against this strategy. at EP9 mercenaries will be heavily nerfed.
Seriously ? Most of the merc shipments don't even seem viable right now...
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

they don't. they are for sure not viable when you can get guard upgrades on your units unless there is some niche situation like you having insane whale economy
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.